NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 399.07 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by disq, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Installed with no problems

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    do this complete with super price premium over last gen/set? o_O

Sarcasm aside and joke aside, I dont see reason to ungrade drivers atm

3. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Any Monster Hunter: World improvements? The last game ready release (398.82) actually has worse performance then the previous (398.36) which I find odd.

4. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    Just installed them with 0 issues. Going to test them a bit..

5. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    400 version by release of GF 20.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    W10 Pro 64bit Insider 17746 - installed fine.

7. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    i too want to know that

8. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Code:
    Added or updated the following compatibility mode profiles:

*Monster Hunter World – Excellent
    I'm kinda done with the game atm so not going to test, but the new driver has these lines.

There were flags set for the game after 398.36 that broke the performance, it was possible to fix by using Inspector and disable those flags (values).

9. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    • Using power monitoring in GPU monitor tools causes micro stutter. [2110289/2049879]
    Does this mean that HWiNFO/AIDA64 and MSI Afterburner is affected? I disabled MSI Afterburner power features but HWiNFO i didn't :p

10. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Can you go a little more into this? what flags would I look for, this might be worth exploring but I'm kinda a noob with this and never used Inspector.

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Still having the issue with "Unsupported OS version detected" which is odd since I'm on 1803 .228.

12. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    can u be specific? if i try the new driver and will do a driver uninstaller cleanup and go back to .36 will those flags persist?

13. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
  14. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    i wonder if this driver + flags fix > .36

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes confusion like?
    All I see is they ran out of r398 ideas and couldn't fix, so they returned to initial r396..

I will just stay at 397.64 for now and its r397 branch. Tested r396_00-3xx not long ago and these r397 preform better.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Looks like you're suffering from the same confusion. All the R396 drivers are part of the same main branch, the r396_00 master branch. All other names are just sub-branches of that branch. Its hierarchical, look it up! Even spinning some negative story on it, pro-trolling right there.
    Really, you all have no clues how software development works, even less so in a complex piece of software like a video driver. They likely have dozens of branches at the same time, but a "branch" isn't a ground-breaking difference as you all make it out to be.

I would try to explain it once again, but you people will just dismiss it anyway. How do I know? Because I've tried to explain it in various past release threads where people made the wildest claims about what branches mean. You could probably look one up if you really wanted to. Not that you're going to.

If all your claims would be true, every other driver would suddenly forget about half the fixes they have made. Thats not to say that there might not be regressions here and there, but the vast majority of fixes still stick. So its quite obvious that when they move to a "new branch", it includes all changes from previous branches. That should give you a hint that half your interpretations what branches mean are just not realistic.

dr_rus and Noisiv like this.
  17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm getting massive stuttering with these in Ryse: Son of Rome. So far that's all I've tested, but I'll try some benchmarks out.

18. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Installed this driver no problems, and scoring in 3DMark Firestrike & Timespy are the same as previous driver, not tested it in games yet.

After hearing about this months ago I've disabled (not hid) the x2 power monitoring lines in HWInfo Sensors - I think they were labelled something like "GPU Power" and "GPU Power Normalised" (they displayed percentage values). I've not really noticed microstutter either way, but figured I'd disable those lines anyway. I still keep GPU temperature monitoring, clock monitoring, and GPU usage lines active, so I'm assuming those ones are ok as they're not measuring "Power".

Erick likes this.
  19. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
  20. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Hi guys, does this driver fix HDR problems ? thanks