CS:GO YouTuber McSkillet died in car crash, a mother and daughter killed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    My Condolences.

3. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    If you plan to suicide ... don't fking take someone else with you ! And I think he was 18, you should not drive a McLaren 650S at that age !

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Pinnacle of Instant Gratification Culture. If he had to wait several minutes for game to load as child. If he was rewarded by something incomparably tiny for great effort...
    He could have been alive, and so could those poor souls he took with him.

I would not be surprised if he had hit very early midlife crisis and had severe depressions just from not seeing anything more for his life and not having sufficient experience to overcome it.

Keitosha, schmidtbag and Solfaur like this.

5. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    It brought a tear to my eyes to see how many people cared enough to donate to that family, very touching <3

I don't think that guy wold have had to look far in this World to find the support he needed if he had only reached out

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Wouldn't the family of the victims receive compensation from this McSkillet person's estate? The accident (or a sheer suicide) was clearly his fault.

buhehe likes this.
  7. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Good question, I've never heard of that happening before, though it sounds like a good idea.

I do for example not understand why thieves caught and charged with a crime they also admit to, + revealing info only the real thief could know are not made to pay back what they stole (my home was burgled last year with thousands of £ worth of stuff stolen and not yet insured - just moved to my property after my father died). He was sentenced to 29 months in jail for a string of break ins (even while people were in the home), but was released in about 8 months

8. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    IANAL but it seems the most logical thing.

Also, it's kinda funny that so many people lose their lives in car crashes every day and go largely ignored...
    BUT if you "luck out" and a it's a celebrity that caused the accident, then you might get donations.

I'm not saying that donations are bad per se, it's just a very uneven distribution.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    You think we would have ever heard of that if it wasn't for that guy apparently being a youtuber / CS player? ;)

10. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    It always seems to me, that the kind of minds who are very, very good at whatever game they decide to get addicted to and are good enough to start producing videos that many people think are good enough to watch - are also slightly addictive personalities and maybe also mildly autistic in nature (the autism is what makes them so good at what they do), so they are somewhat unstable in other areas of their life. I notice a lot of successful youtubers are also slightly unstable/crazy if you also see what goes through their heads on Twitter during the day.

11. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    Yea, that's exactly my point. Donations roll through only as a consequence of that.

12. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    There are accidents and driving and killing on purpouse. Is a bit different.

I would agree donations are pointless in those occasions unless the family is asking it because the major income of the family is gone.

13. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    And also today the shooting at the madden nfl tournament in US. That was crazy too.

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    New unconstitutional gun regulations are sure to follow... :rolleyes:

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    They should just bring in and ARM CS:GO players to handle security.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Jumping around with sniper rifles in front of slightly opened doors all the time?

Denial likes this.
  17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Falling 360 awp no-scopes from catwalk. Would have prevented the entire shooting and only caused minimal collateral damage.

Solfaur and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. Brit90

Brit90 Member Guru

GPU:
    R390X 8GB
    Horrible to kill someone if you want to kill yourself. But if you are ill, you are ill and need help.

Also, setting up a go fund me page asking for money is also wrong. There are things called Insurance and that will pay the expenses for what has happened.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    So much wrong with this... when you get WAY TOO much money without having to put actual work for it and get a supercar, yet still remain a depressed wreck regardless and then end up killing innocent blazing with that "car". I won't go ahead and call it a suicide, as it's quite possible he simply lost control of such a vehicle, but if it was then wow, like there aren't enough street lights/trees to pulverize yourself into.

There are way too many individuals like this, who became millionaires trough youtube/twitch/etc. and for some reason think they are some kind of geniuses, while most of them a just a bunch of arrogant tits...

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What a f*cking a-hole!
    Guess he's going straight to hell.

Taking lives and destroying families is mental.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    TheDeeGee likes this.