2018 no good games?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TR2N, Jun 13, 2018.

1. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I am awaiting tomb raider but haven't played any new titles this year... just regurgitating old titles..usual crysis, metro, max payne 3, GTA V, etc
    Hope tomb delivers.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I deleted far cry 5 within 30 mins. Boring af. The only 2018 game I enjoyed was god of war. I dunno what other big titles are releasing later in the year except shadow of the tomb raider and spiderman. I might get the latter.

TR2N likes this.
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    RDR 2
    just cause 4
    bf5

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't like the feel of battlefield ... tried 3, 4, and 1 (lol) but it just doesn't click with me. JC4, does it do anything new? Seems like the same old from JC2 and I got tired of the repetitiveness quickly there. RDR2 ... I'm not double dipping. I'll wait for the PC release so it's a 2019 game for me.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    God of War on PS4 has been the highlight of 2018 so far for me and I suspect it will only be beaten by Red Dead Redemption 2, which from the recent gameplay trailer looks absolutely phenomenal to say the least. I'm so glad I own the consoles and a gaming PC as it gives me more choice (well, except for the Xbox One X which has a depressing lack of exclusives or anything that showcases its hardware). :D

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    im into multiplayer games lately, having so much fun with friends and my bro in cs go

7. haanuman

haanuman Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX
    BF 3 and BF 4 are actually really good games, but in the end it depends person to person. What do you not like about them though?

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Yes, where are the good games? Only played FC5 which was rather mediocre.

9. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I don't know what's coming out this year, other than the new Tomb Raider, but the list of announced games is promising. New entries for DOOM, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Metro, and Wolfenstein. Starfield (no idea what that one's about but the 2001: ASO-esque teaser has me intrigued), Cyberpunk 2077, Anthem (though I'm not a fan of shared worlds). If I didn't have such a backlog of games to get through I would be more disappointed by this year but I needed a year off to catch up.

10. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    i feel that yeah there have been crap loads of indie games coming out but some free to play on steam are fun to play. Line of sight / dirty bomb / black squad and yes pubg and fortnite are still going strong for pc. So to say pc gaming is dying is not true. Yeah alot of beta games but hey devs got to start somewhere and go from there. Finally pubg is getting fixed and fortnite is always getting fixed where this is a bug or hack is found. Nice to see devs doing that. 2018 was nothing fancy but fc5 was nice to see and couple good ones coming by holiday season. Not like the old days but they are long gone now.

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well, at least you can try RDR in stunnig 4k HDR on the X box(would be nice to play it before RDR2 comes out- I would :D ). And if that is not your thing there are always 4k Bluray movies LOL.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So 2 games that I play now that are free to play with a pay option.

Dauntless is fun, cool style, easy to get into, and you don't have to pay to get ahead.

Quake Championship did come out in 2017 technically, and I've been playing it off and on since then but now it has a free release for everyone in 2018. I've played a crap ton of it too. I've put $10 into the game, but now I have 4 champions unlocked, and most of their customization skins too.

13. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Ventus 3X
    I for one am glad a lot of the consoles game got ported over to the PC so I can have the option to get it for either my PS4 or the PC. I like gaming on all platform but I usually games on the PC foremost with the PC mentality. That's more or less coming from my C64 vs NES back in the late 80s.... lol For me, I'm eagerly awaiting for Strange Brigade which should be out next week (sort of like a L4D2 clone) or something but better and Soul Calibur 6 (which I'm thinking if I should get it for the PC or the PS4). I usually like to play fighting type games on console more but I did get Mortal Kombat 2 for PC back in my non-console days.

Other games I'm keeping an eye for are Battlefield V, Mechwarrior 5 and the Pathfinder RPG.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Next year at least will be pure gold:

Division 2, Sekiro, Doom Eternal, Rage 2, Metro Exodus and probably a whole lot more (Control, Code Vein,...).

Some of which were postponed from 2018 to 2019 btw.

15. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    For people that own a PS4. Highly recommend Horizon Zero Dawn. I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

16. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Why don't you guys try Paladins on steam, F2P. Surprisingly good.

17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I played it before they went pay to win. It was fun. Then they ruined it and I stopped playing.

18. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    Hunt Showdown PURFEECT !!!

19. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Did they actually?

Because I'm still fairly new, but am owning so far with the free stuff. :p

Maybe it gets worse after.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Anyone playing StrangeBrigade?

I was thinking of buying it soon.. but not much talk going on, ok I know it's the same NZA receipt but still seems like a good coop game :)