Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Dec 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It's a great game and I've around 15k hours in it and around £1200 spent on the pearl shop over the 2 years. Most of it is convenience items, I've only spent like £100 on artisan memories (kinda p2w) but I coudl've achieved everything I have without it, it's just I got frustrated one night and decided to accelerate things a little, let's put it this way.

Most of the money I spent in the game is on outfits, costumes, pets and some convenience items (weight, inventory space). You could try to snipe these off the Market Place using in game silver but it's not easy.

Btw, if you think this is anything like WoW, think again. Completely different game and the progression is a marathon. It's a long journey and there's no shortcuts. You can't get carried in a Heroic Raid and get gear. You have to earn it your way and it's a grind. I don't even know how best to explain it. If you do get into it, be prepared to be overwhelmed.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    screw them my country is restricted from accessing the game

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    When I said like WOW I just meant time wasting as in playing 15 hours a day.I love these kinda games.

Uninstalled game,I am just to stupid to play I guess.I could not complete some quest because I was not level 20,could not accept rewards from quest no empty slots.Did not have a clue as to what I was doing even though some many tutorials,shame really I wanted to like this game ,just not for me.

Time to finish Witcher 3 Blood and Wine or move on to Kingdom Come Deliverance which is a piece of crap but going to play on high with 1080 Ti and G-sync 165 HZ and see if I can get more than 40 FPS smooth.frack me what am I reduced to playing LOL.

That just sucks hard,it is a game you would love for screen shots.I bet you could do some great ones.

4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    VPN

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Had the same problem myself. The game is immensely difficult to understand and to master. Its really that deep! For example, I still don't know what a trade route is.

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

i did play it last year but it was buggy , now i heard it runs better so i'm hoping to try it again with the remastered update

7. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    how was it buggy?

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    stuttering when playing on a res higher than 1080p , that's with my Titan Xp watercooled and OC'd

9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    The issue is on your side, the game is silky here at 1440p

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    oh yes i was using a VPN , so the ping was super high like 150ms

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    oh BDO will stutter with high ping. I know because when I have Netflix on and one episode of a show ends and the next one is about to start, the connection takes a little poop and the game will stutter for a second. Otherwise it's fine. But it's clearly a connection issue. High ping could cause stuttering.