The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    You make that in like a week, right?

2. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I went to pre-order the 2080 ti but the only one available is the regular 2080. Are they not up for pre-order yet or are the pre orders sold out?

When the 1080 gtx came out, I had to wait almost a whole year to finally find one in stock at MSRP prices, then they released the ti version 3 months later...figures. Hope I don't have to wait another year to get this.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    No competition means they make prices whatever they want. And they're sold out everywhere I look so yes, people will pay that price.
    I'm glad I got the 2080ti when I did because I expect them to be out for a while

Maddness likes this.
  4. unstrain

unstrain Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX660TI 3xSLI
    where is the 100 dollar RTX addon card to our existing GTX 10 series Nvidia? You could have make a lot more money this way...…….. We still have plenty of PCIexpress slots available, remember Matrox and Ageia and Voodoo addon cards? Oh crap, I forgot, you bought all these assets and patents. Lame gimmick marketing to make sure your CEO gets paid his annual bonus.

5. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    im with you. people are about to shell out enough money to buy a freaking used vehicle to buy a consumer graphics card. What happens next gen when they bump it up another 100 bucks?

sigh. seriously need to start "voting with your wallet"

im a pc performance junky, if you saw what i have cooling my 8700k youd launch into a rant about wtf but thats besides the point. it doesnt matter if this thing legitimately stomps a 1080ti by 50%, its major feature which supposedly "warrants" the price does nothing for the overwhelming majority.

Based on a performance increase alone, we get that every generation and should expect that. So why is this time costing hundreds more?

F that... sorry. Im disappointed and was preparing to jump on one. But no. 700 was already getting insane.

6. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Ill jump if the performance jump is worth it....maybe. $1k is really hard to swallow. Maybe a 2080 will be enough of an upgrade to warrant the $700, if I can find it for that price...at any rate, im extremely excited for new hardware! Let the reviews flow!

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    1500 USD in a week? No way, 90 % of people don't.

Some make that in a month.

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Wages depends alot on which country you live in... in denmark the average wage is about 5000 usd per month, which is also what i earn. Still doesn't mean that these new obscene prices sit well with me.

Fyi the 2080 ti is being sold for about 1600 USD in denmark.

LuckyNumber8 likes this.
  9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yeah, my guess was wages in Sweden would be similar to what you guys make in Denmark.

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Nah, in sweden the average wages are quite a bit lower, due to the massive amount of immigration from the middle east. Norway and denmark have about the same average wages though :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

11. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    That's the thing. In some countries many people earn 100 euro / per day salary (my friend engineer earn 300 euro per day), while in other countries 25 euro. Basically some people have to work 4x more to buy the same GPU. Life is unfair, simple as that.

Anyway prices aside I wonder why so many people complain about 2080ti performance. We dont have any tests right now, and so we dont know how exactly fast 2080ti will be compared with 1080ti (the most important thing). Also many people complain about RTX effets, when in reality ray tracing always was a holly grail of graphics in games, without it photorealistic graphics will not be possible. 45-60 fps in tomb raider rather than 1 fps / 1 minute is a good start, and few years from now we will eventually get much better performance with more and more raytracing elements in games. Personally I'm not against technology progress, and even when new technology (well raytracing is not new, but it's something new in games) is not perfectly implemented at the start, you have to start with something in order to go very far in the future. It's PC platform after all and no one force anyone to turn on all details possilbe. As long as RTX effects can be truned off I dont see any problems with it. If for example new tomb raider would be a straight console port, people would compalin, and when it's using new RTX technology available only on PC right now people also complain :p

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    A 2080Ti with AIO would be really nice to have.

Anyone know if NZXT Kraken G12 will be updated?

13. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I hate the world of tech, news always so slow and restrictive, like there's almost only RTX to talk about right now.

Anyway this is the one i would like to buy, if it's anything like previous ones it's the most overclocked one by far (of all the 2080 Ti).

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-amp

Price: 1330€

Nope.

Not even if it was AIO i'd pay that much.

I do really need an upgrade because like i mentioned a dozen times, the GTX1080 is bad for 3440x1440.

However, insane price, 7nm coming next year which will provide better performance and TDP which will compensate very well the wait.

Unfortunately i don't think that the RTX are going to drop price until 7nm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    fantaskarsef likes this.

16. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    What is the real ray tracing acceleration capability of RT cores in new GPUs?
    Compared to hardware/DirectCompute path without RT cores

17. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    EVGA demants pay after checkout that's new [​IMG]

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    True, but from the same article:

"...the majority of people earn less than the average wage"

worth remembering.

For example I don't earn even close to the average wage for Finland (42K annual after taxes, I wish).
    Actually that's often discussed, who are these "average" people earning the average wage when no one seems to actually make that much, lols.

But OT.

19. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Oh I can buy it... We gots the savings, "we" Get my point?

20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    I make a bit more than the average, it's not the money, it's that fact that no matter what the price, nVidia can put lipstick on a pig and call it PIGTX and we will buy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.