NVIDIA is listing 21 Games with RTX Support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    During the Gamescom NVIDIA event yesterday, the presentation on the new RTX cards, of course, was raytracing supported games. One slide caught my interest, showing 21 titles that are going to support ...

NVIDIA is listing 21 Games with RTX Support

airbud7 and nz3777 like this.
  2. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Man, I would love it if Capcom could update Monster Hunter World for RTX. It would probably kill the cards on the spot but it'd be cool for taking pictures, at least.

I'd also be curious to see a fighting game using it, something like SF5 or the upcoming Soul Calibur 6, or Mortal Kombat 11 (if, and whenever they finally decide to freakin' officially announce it).

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ark and it's dx12 status...
    Of the named titles they demoed Assetto Corsa, SOTTR, BFV (only in alpha!), Atomic Heart (seems to be a story driven indie game), Metro.
    For the rest... who knows when they get support, some of them already are released and don't have it yet.

4. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    That is not really impressive, is it? I was expecting more AAA titles for such a release.

And....I do not see Snake anywhere

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, We Happy Few runs like crap on my GTX 1080 Ti with a wildly erratic framerate (and setting everything low still results in sub-60 fps in outdoor areas... eeek!), perhaps not quite as atrocious as ,say, ARK: Survival Evolved but certainly not great. I can't imagine it running any better on RTX cards, especially with ray-tracing features enabled! ;)

So much hype and no information on actual games performance in existing titles vs. GTX 1080 Ti/GTX 1080 yet NVIDIA have the gall to let people pre-order anyway?

*EDIT*
    Hahah... I just saw ARK in that listing... well, good luck with that sub-optimal mess with ray-tracing added to the mix... :-O

airbud7, bigfutus and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Maybe the game studios could foresee the RTX pricing and were less enthusiastic to do the extra work for the time being. It's quite a nice tech, in my opinion, but the card prices are not attractive. It'll be interesting to see how many they can sell.

7. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    My prediction? They'll sell enough. I seriously want a 2070. Not so much for gaming, thought that will be there of course.
    The thing i'm curious about is that 4K thing they said. Is that for the rasterizer, or some video decoding? Cause my pc that isn't a monster can do 4K with no issues whatsoever.
    The cooler though looks bland compared to the 10xx series :D

8. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    The whole game is broken beyond belief and ray tracing should be their last interest.

9. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Maybe that means they'll finally update to a newer version of UE4, which should bring all sorts of improvements, and maybe even DX12 actually working now =p

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    What "4K thing" are you referring to specifically? That about the Infiltrator benchmark or that 4K TAA vs 4k DSS (or DNN not sure what they called it again)?

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Not all them with have RTX FULL SUPPORT, this is just misleading.

alanm likes this.
  12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Sounds like placebo to me.

13. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    There's no gaming performance because there isn't much anyways.
    basically just the increase in cuda cores in the performance gains, async compute should be slightly better but that's it.
    very minimal unless RT/AI cores are involved

14. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    I saw somewhere a "4k engine" sticker and nothing more, so i'm wondering what that is about.
    Unless it simply means that it has the capacity for 4k 60fps via one port and that's it.

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Um, what?

UE4 has DX12, has done for a while

16. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    interesting, quite a "bold" move on nvidia's part going all in with hardware accelerated raytracing, could be interesting if people actually use it effectively.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmmm not sure what 4K engine sticker you're referring to, the only two things I remembe is that they saved time and calculated faster on 4K with CSS than at 4K with TAA, and that they showed the Infiltrator benchmark for the first time in 60fps, since previously no GPU was capable of rendering it in 4K 60fps constant (as opposed to now with RTX).

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  19. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Disappointed Virtual Po-Go Stick Warrior didn't make the cut for nVidia's RTX premiere list...

Prince Valiant likes this.
  20. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    imo in fighting game, ray-tracing will make it bad rather good
    probably you already know, in many 3d fighting game, each character have their own lighting-set, just to make them standout from background...

many players prefer more "easy-color" rather than realistic look, that way it easier to look their characters, some people dont like "distractions" from backgrounds
    aside possibile adding-lag, thats the reason why training stage popular no?
    well if i play fighting game, i dont want high-shade stage which make me hard to see what my opponent doing

different case for thriller-action-game, with ray-tracing effect, the game will looks much better
    director should more easier to show what they want to show
    biohazard, death stranding and rest other like upcoming game will look much better with ray-trace