NVIDIA #BeForTheGame - Watch the Gamescom 2018 Livestream

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 20, 2018.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    2080ti preorders from Scan.uk and OcUK start at 1049GBP. A little bit more than I was hoping for. Not a deal breaker but I'll wait to see some reviews. If it's 50% faster than the 1080, I'm all over it, need more fps for VR.

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    $2999 ".99" :p

MaCk0y likes this.
  3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Great presentation , the reflections looked amazing. also the new AA looked very nice indeed.
    I didnt like the destruction in battlefield 5 demo though, some parts just vanished into thin air, i hope that is not a presentation of the final product, that would be a shame.
    Also finally those dreaded coolers will change , though most people dont order from them directly though lol Made to overclock while remaining very silent. nice!
    2070 will sell very well i think.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    999€ is still very expensive, here in Portugal that´s going to be like 1200 or 1300€... Also the cooler from the FE reeks of cheap crap, better to wait for custom coolers.

Silva likes this.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not a deal breaker???

So you think increasing the price of the Ti range from £700 to over £1,000 in a year is justified?

Unless that card is an absolute monster performer and by that I mean offers more than the usual 25-40% increase then it represents poor value for money, especially as its ray-tracing feature is likely to be very underused at launch and for the first year of the card's life. In fact, this pricing makes the wait for the die-shrink to 7nm more worthwhile as by then there might actually be a number of games that take advantage of the card.

I admit that if the card had been £700 then I would have been very tempted to sell my GTX 1080 Ti and buy one even though commonsense tells me I don't really need it. At that price though the card is far removed from being an impulse buy. I will wait and see what the future offers.

carnivore and airbud7 like this.
  6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, the GTX2080ti specs do look great (except I don't like the memory size chosen for any of the 3 new cards, should've been more). The pricing is off, of-course, which we can only hope comes down quicker than Pascal.

The performance I want is definitely there. I highly doubt I will be going for 70 series next time.

Ultimately for me; it's all about the games. If loads of games start supporting RTX, then, it'll make a difference to the value proposition. Otherwise, it's just tech sitting on it's arse doing nothing. I hope it's not another DX12 (very slow adoption).

I won't be early adopting this time, wait and see for 6months.

edit: Wow, the site is getting hammered.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well most sellers are taking advantage from people who want it on day 1, so its not a surprise shops up the price from $999 to $1500 or something lol. lets just wait it out shall we and see when 3rd party cooler ones arrive and there is plenty of stock.

airbud7 likes this.
  8. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    Nvidia Playing Smart- The partners and Nvidia have Huge stock of Pascal GPU's so they Priced the new line so high that they not gonna hurt Pascal sales until the stock is over then they will Drop the prices.

HandR, cowie, Silva and 1 other person like this.
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    ~€1400 here in Sweden. It's absolutely crazy...I have no words for it.

10. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    [​IMG]

Where the f r these prices actually? Cuz they ain't even on their site.

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It's a shame that AMD haven't produced anything to compete with the top Nvidia cards. Nvidia could literally charge 1500 for these and they would still sell out due to zero competition. Shame. 1049GBP is far from great but if it's a fair chunk faster than the 1080ti, it's not all that bad.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Nah mate. They moved on from that. Now it's .95. People now know .99 is psychological pricing but not .95 yet.

chispy likes this.
  13. Tsenng

Tsenng Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080 AMP
    Well dunno why so many ppl comment here and seem to not have listened to the stream. The FE edition of the cards with new fan tech is 1/5th of the noise lvl of the 1080TI FE cards according to the big boss...if that is true it is FANTASTIC.

The performance of the 2080TI@4K in the infiltrator demo was 120% higher then the 1080TI. 2080TI@78FPS at max settings. 1080TI@30FPS. What that all translates to in real life nobody knows but so far it seems battlefield V, Tomb raider and Metro exodus supports RTX fully.

Especially loved how the ray tracing in battlefield V makes it so you can actually see enemies behind you in 2nd floor buildings while you are watching a store window in front of you and off site explosions still show up reflecting so you know where to not stick your head out.

The prices however are pretty insane as it seems only the 2080 and the 2080TI are better then todays cards.

14. Fergutor

Fergutor Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Super GX
    Well, at least, finally, there's ray tracing in games (thinig I've been waiting for a long time) and the hardware to play it...at some resolution…at the Tombs raider demonstration it performed very slow...

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Notice the word from.

Reference cards start at those prices, founders edition is non-reference.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. JulianBr

JulianBr Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    This is just crazy! ASUS GeForce DUAL RTX 2080Ti cost €1500 here in Norway! Way more than the Titan X (Pascal) I bought on launch . Those benchmarks should be REALLY good to justify that price. Can't wait for Hilbert to review these card. No pre-order for me, not until I know how they perfom in non DXR games..

17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    It´s still bad because new GPUs are expected to be faster than their predecessors around the same price otherwise where´s the value for the buyer if he buys a GPU 30% faster but also 30% more expensive??? Nvidia is just copying Apple´s pricing scheme because they know it´s easy money...

18. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    £1099 Ti
    £749 2080
    £569 2070
    Nvidia uk site.
    That Ti is £150 more than $1199 converted to £.
    They are just taking the piss.

19. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Still not sold due to prices. Although... it's a huge leap, IF games use RTX. I want to see some benchmarks. Pretty please? :3 @Hilbert Hagedoorn