[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Maybe not specific to this build of Windows but since last week Groove is now officially borked on my system and now no longer reads the metadata of music files, instead putting any new music I add (320 Kbps MP3s ripped from CDs using MediaMoney or downloaded from Amazon etc) as Unknown Artist/Unknown Album. The amusing thing is that iTunes (app version), MediaMonkey and even Microsoft own ancient Windows Media Player have no problems detecting these files and adding them to their libraries complete with correctly read metadata and embedded album art!!!

Microsoft's app coders really are useless. Of course, it was working previously but they seem to update the apps so frequently that it isn't surprising that something gets broken. This kind of thing happens with Windows 10 as well... every six months!!!

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ahhhh ... you're actually using iTunes from the MS store?! WTF :D You're too kind to that company lol.

Darren Hodgson and Extraordinary like this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4343909/windows-10-update-kb4343909

Another month, another cumulative update. :)

That CPU improvement for AMD seems important (Bulldozer it seems, and up?) for anyone who installed the Spectre and Meltdown update though a newer version of this seems included going by the first bullet point here.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Still nothing for fixing LAN issues that they said they have been working on. I guess I'm staying on 17xx for a while longer.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I haven't kept up much with it myself but I do recall people reported issues with Redstone 4 and Microsoft still hasn't addressed all of these issues, some might end up needing Redstone 5 at the pace things are currently going but then moving over to this new build early could have other problems so it would be nice if they focused on fixing up the older builds too and backported fixes to a larger degree. :)

6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I tried every build after 1709 one by one, clean installed, different LAN cards, several driver versions for each and every Win 10 version since 1709 breaks my entire LAN setup in my house. Even slow ring and fast ring builds up to the one with the dark explorer theme. My worry is that a day will come soon that the 1709 Win 10 will be too old to run newer Xbox games, but I won't be able to update Win 10 since my LAN is way more important. Things like Gears of War 5, Forza Horizon 4 and Halo 6 come to mind.

lucidus likes this.
  7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, to be fair, the iTunes app is *exactly* the same in the looks and performance to the standalone program with one major difference - the Windows, sorry, Microsoft Store automatically updates it. It's the only reason I've left it installed but at least Microsoft haven't borked that up...

… yet! ;)

lucidus likes this.
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    use winamp like rest of old people, it really whips the lama's ass even if the feature you using dont work cause of legal issue thats been tied up for years.... Winamp is only music play I use still to this day

There is closed/invite beta for being done by one of the original codes, but offically legal issues have it in limbo land still

KissSh0t likes this.
  9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    ... or use any advanced player like PotPlayer, XMPlay, FooBar2000, MPC...

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Foobar2000 is Love. Foobar2000 is Life.

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Let the VLC wars begin!

386SX likes this.
  12. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MPC-HC still gets updates via github, though actually is in maintenance mode https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases (note that like LAV filters the project is still updated by some of the most active developers that contributed to the original branch, but they do not have the certificate/key to pull those updates on the "official" branch).

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    tired them all I didnt like any of them, AiMP is probably the only one that sorta liked, but it had alot quirks and things I didnt like but that 5 years ago, I expecally didnt like how it handled playlists maybe I wil give them try again, but I only use winamp for music and any video I watch threw window media play, and I dont watch DVD or Blurays on my PC cause my pc dont even have optical drive, installed I will pick up Bluray burner that can handle CD/DVD and Bluray burning that is external when I see one for the right price. but at this point only thing I would need optical drive for is to take my ps2 games and make iso of them to use with pcsx2

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    +1 For Aimp.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    as for 1803 goes I cant really say I have any issue with it I like the WU page now actual has page in it self that show what update settings are used. dont like some the UI choices they made in regards to these windows have "tips" sections but things work that all I care at this point

I Still want to say 1803 build fix the endless drivers ( drivers not installed on boot) issue I had with the F710 I think the drivers for 360 wireless controller were dated from 2016 on 1703 build, 1803 drivers are from 4/2018 and so far I have not had the drivers go missing on it system yet but it only been 3 days or so *knock* on wood at this point I could careless if it just randomly gets laggy and loses connections cause those pass and when they pass the controller goes back to working I just want drivers to stop going missing and for it to work when I go in games. instead of wonder is it the drivers again and play that lets fix it again game instead of actual playing my games

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Which site is the real site for Aimp?

aimp.ru
    aimp2.us

I always asummed they was one and the same but they have same veriesons on there though last time I tried I used .ru site

17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    The best site to download it is from here: https://ninite.com/

The best site to install programs after format, or here: http://www.free-codecs.com/

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    MPC-BE + madvr for me :)

citrixscu likes this.
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I not really what I asked, I have backup of all the programs I need isntalled on clean isntall of OS on my HDD

20. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Is there a way to show the taskbar notification icons on both screens in extended screen mode?