Rage 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, May 14, 2018.

1. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    In other words, my opinion is wrong. So tell me, how many games have I played in my life? How do you know that Rage wasn't literally the worst? ...oh you don't. So just because you're intolerant to my opinion (bigotry) doesn't mean I am wrong. It means you enjoyed the game and I hated it and I have every right to voice my opinion. So it stands, Rage was literally the worst game I ever played.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Take a breath.
    I never said your opinion was wrong. I even said it's a way to express ones opinion. I just find that statement to be one that is used too often, and in most cases (again... not pointing any fingers at you) used just for effect.

You jumped a few steps and made it personal, when I was simply commented on a phrase that is thrown around constantly. One that has, in most cases, lost it's impact because of how carelessly it's tossed out to describe a game someone dislikes.

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You want "worst game ever" material, you can go much, MUCH deeper then any of the titles you listed.
    Drug Wars (formally Merchants of Brooklyn)... or Soldier of Fortune: Payback. Turning Point, Secret Service.... Day One Garry's Incident... and on and on.

Personally, when I think "worst game ever" I tend to think of games that are, poorly made, fundamentally broken. Stuff that is just so awful, it doesn't play right, doesn't feel good, doesn't look good...
    I understand a lot of people didn't like RAGE. Be it they were under the wrong impression of what the game was (a lot of people thought it was going to be Open World, when id even said it was not open world)... people being upset about the ending (lack there of)... or the launch day AMD driver issues.
    I have plenty of games I dislike, some I outright hate. But, even those that I hate... they are not the worst games ever. Because, there is always some stuff out there that can make even my most hated game look pretty damn good by comparison.

Ride to Hell: Retribution
    ;)

4. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Still have the first Rage in my steam library. Gameplay was decent, however, the graphics downgrade was enough to turn me off of finishing it. Nothing more than a bad console port. Even the anisotropic filtering was locked at 4x for pc. Think I'll be waiting for a sale on the 2nd one.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Big Rigs

6. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    @Damien_Azreal

I agree with you 100% but i still don't understand that a gamer like you is not liking Red Dead Redemption. But hey i personally don't like Zelda so what am i talking about :D

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've never been a big Rockstar fan.
    Out of the GTA series... I've only really enjoyed Vice City and GTAV. Absolutely hated San Andreas and found GTA4 boring as hell.
    I loved Max Payne 3, but, different Rockstar team... and different style of game.

RDR seems like a good game, but, not sure. Borrowed it from a friend, sat down to play it... and just could not get into it.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Something looks odd to me in the rage 2 gameplay, the movement is not there, the shooting looks lame and kinda like bulletstorm

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Rage was fun , the campaign was cool as i remember very well, its not the worst game not at all, there are plenty of worse games out there tbh.

10. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    That's because 90% of his opinion about a game is based on whether he likes the developers as a person or not.... o_O
    Which results in massive double standards being applied by D_A and his completely erratic opinions.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    But Bulletstorm was pure fun, imo. Not the shooting simulator of course, but heavy undiluted fun.

As well as first Rage.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rage, still making people rage all these years later :p

vbetts likes this.
  13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    didn t mean bulletstorm was bad, but it s not original that s what i meant

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Well, is it possible to make original FPS nowadays?

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    As a person?
    I mean, I'm not a big fan of the studio and I think they are a bit overrated... but, I don't know Rockstar "as a person" so that would be a little hard to say. ;)

And, most people make judgements about games based on their personal preferences or opinions of the studio making the game. Doesn't mean people can't like a game by a studio they are not a fan of, or dislike a game from a studio they love.
    I tried the previous RDR, never said it was bad... hell, never said I "didn't like it". Just that it didn't grab me. What I played was okay, but after a few hours I just lost interest.
    So, going by that, there's not a huge draw to pull me into RDR2, no matter how good it looks visually. And yes, I'm not a big fan of Rockstar's open world design. GTA5 was great, but 4 and San Andreas were crap. The few games from Rockstar I've loved... had been their more linear titles, made by their secondary studios. Manhunt and Max Payne 3.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The great thing about RDR was that it was set in the western, cowboys, something we all love, somethinf we don t find elsewhere in gaming, the campaign was great and the story even so

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's something a few co-workers have been going on and on about. And that could also be another cause of my "meh" feeling on RDR2. When I hear people gush constantly about anything, it tends to put me off a bit.
    I could give RDR another try, and enjoy it... but it's not high on my list.

BUT... as this RAGE 2 game, looks awesome.
    A little disappointing that the QuakeCon footage is the same location as the E3 demo, but... at the same time, that does keep more of the game a surprise.
    I can't wait. It looks awesome.

2019 is shaping up to be pretty damn great.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    2018 to me feels meh to me until this q4 fall , let s see,so.many games coming up

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Game looks awesome.
    Absolutely insane... in the best way. Can't wait.