What ya'll eating...Man I love food...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Oct 16, 2017.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Homemade three cheese manicotti. Don't have a piping bag so I just put the ricotta in a zip lock bag and cut off a piece of the corner to squeeze it in the shells. I cut the hole a little too big so some didn't come out that pretty, but in the end it tasted great along with the garlic knots from wal-mart neighborhood market.

[​IMG]

Before going in the oven.

[​IMG]

After the oven.

[​IMG]

386SX, airbud7 and Noisiv like this.
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Wendy's Triple :D

[​IMG]

3. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    DEAR LORD! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DO TO THIS OLD GERMAN HERE WITH THAT?! I am sitting here with my mouth watering because of THIS! At work, without any Wendy's anywhere near the next thousands of kilometers / miles.

THAT IS MOUTH RAPE! :D

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Wife made beetroot gazpacho and lentil hummus. Fresh home bread just helps the palate to really enjoy homemade food. About that map, Atlas prejudice it's a bit off. I have family both in Spain and Italy and I say that both countries have their highs and lows.
    But the general line is not only Italy is the center of the map. Does anyone know where buffalo are sent to pasture to obtain special mozzarella? Did you know how much garbage is dumped into the fields where poor cattle eat whatever is discarded, and every chemical is passed onto the flesh and cheese?
    Nah, why bother inform you about that, Napoli has a huge issue with garbage disposal.
    Not my intention to start an argument here, but there is always more to the story, as usual.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    386SX, big ROBOT bill and airbud7 like this.

5. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    I agree: Nothing beats the image of seeing a Spanish guy having his coffee in the morning together with some rustical bread dipped in a plate of olive oil where he mashed two or three pieces of garlic before. Spnaish coffee with garlic and olive oil is the best thing to start your day. Being the one who has to speak to this fella shortly after, THAT is the last thing I want to happen to me. ;)

(Please don't get it wrong. I lived a long time in Spain and I really appreciate all the things I learned there. I agree, the culture is a bit different than others, but it isn't bad in any way. I think we are just not "used to" the other culture as well as to our own, that's all.)

And regarding the map: If you really take this SERIOUSLY ... then I have to tell you that nobody else does. ;)

anticupidon and Noisiv like this.
  6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Coffee with garlic bread? Dunno ... I don't think I can handle it :p I love cardamom tea though.

airbud7 and 386SX like this.
  7. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    There are a few preparations you have to make before having breakfast like this one time:
    - Use only high quality materials. Cheap garlic? HELL NO! Cheap coffee? Oh gosh lord NO! Cheap olive oil? That will be your imminent death!!!! :D
    - Keep out of the reach of children! (It could lead to very unsatisfiying experiences like your kid smashing through the bathroom door while shouting FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*CK and slaming his/her ass on the toilet so hard the pot will break, leading to a splatter scene which you will memorize your whole life in complete HORROR. And if you ask: YES, my friends describe me as the mo**erfu**er who is able to get them vivid pictures into their heads by describing cruel happenings! That's me, correct! :D)
    <EDIT: We Germans have a word for that: "Kopfkino" ("head cinema") >

Then proceed as follows:
    - Make some coffee, preferably the Spanish way: Do NOT give ANY frack about how much coffee powder you do in there, regardless of how big and what at all THERE is or maybe could be or has been. Doesn't matter, put coffee in it.
    - Now take a plate of big size and pour olive oil on / in it until you get a small "sea" of oil sitting in the plate to get you diarrhea.
    - Depending on the level of "badassness" you are on, put garlic knolls in there, DON'T BE SHY! At least 2 for a young adult, 3 for a grown man, 5 if you are married and sum them all up (2+3+5=10) if you don't like anyone you may see this day.
    - Now take anything to smash these little garlic knolls, a fork, spoon, knife (works best if put down from the sides, not the sharp edge) and smash them. The garlic oils should pour into the oil and release a smell what could kill Dracula if he would reside on planet Mars.
    - While the garlic juices mix with the oil, cut bread into small pieces, like a fondue or like you get them in an Italian restaurant sometimes together with some dip.
    - Then dip them on the plate and let the mixture of pure and fresh olive oil together with a "dracula-killing load" of garlic sink in until the bread is soaked with it.
    - And now be a good boy and eat up and have some coffee. :p

if you do not kill yourself with it because of the immense smell of garlic which is covering your human being now and for all times, if not used to it, you will search for a toilet within the next hour, and with ... "a little more haste than you are used to".
    (Like I wrote above)

Bon appetit! :)

airbud7, Noisiv and lucidus like this.
  8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Chinese garlic needs to be banned!! Fresh local ingredients are what Mediterranean cuisine is all about.
    I do bread, olive oil and garlic all the time. Throw in one Cuore di bue and some coarse grained salt and it's a regular breakfast.
    Anyone tried red wine and bread. It's Jesus stuff, but it's kinda forgotten. What about red wine and goat milk? Anyone? I doubt it haha...

PS
    don't buy Chinese garlic ffs

386SX and airbud7 like this.
  9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Morning breakfast: freshly baked bread, a few slices went on the toaster, you take a peeled garlic clove and you grind it onto the toasted bread, then sprinkle olive oil.
    The second step is adding fresh tomatoes mashed and mixed on low setting. Sprinkle black pepper then add some very very thin Jamon serrano slices on top of it and some cheese. Looks like this:
    Ps just forgot to take pictures, I hate having my phone when I am eating.
    [​IMG]

386SX, big ROBOT bill and airbud7 like this.
  10. Lilith

Lilith Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 1660ti
    Strawberry yoghurt with fresh blueberries....yeah. Prolly not cool but it's yummy lol.

11. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Do not get them that often in the UK, but i have a found taste for Twinkies and Hershey's chocolate lol

airbud7 and 386SX like this.
  12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    For all you cheese lovers!
    The Old Cheese Emporium has some of the finest selection of cheeses:

airbud7, big ROBOT bill and eGGroLLiO like this.
  13. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Some prickly pears.

[​IMG]

airbud7 likes this.
  14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    good hot cup of coffee and some bacon

jbscotchman likes this.
  15. Lilith

Lilith Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 1660ti
    I'm going to make Oladyi for breakfast :)

jbscotchman and airbud7 like this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I discovered one of the greatest things ever today while grocery shopping.

New Bush's Bean Dip.

[​IMG]

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    What is Oladyi?

Noisiv, Lilith and airbud7 like this.
  18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Pancakes.

Noisiv and Lilith like this.
  19. Lilith

Lilith Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 1660ti
    Russian pancakes or bliny. There smaller and thicker than what most people would call a pancake. Also you use butter-milk, kefir or sour milk, whereas I think a lot of cultures just use milk (full cream). :)

airbud7, jbscotchman and Noisiv like this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Mmm, looks good. Do you put butter and syrup on them?

airbud7 likes this.