PC hardware to get extra 25% tax due to US China Trade-war

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I look forward to all my electricians becoming more expensive see it all a whole lot of comes from china, trump can pay the extra taxes on it, I didnt vote for him and still dont get how people voted for him when he out right pissed off half the country (females) with his comments yet they voted for him, the power of stupid is all mighty ! HaHA

print more money means nothing when they dont have actual fund to to back it, last i heard on the news USA is in alot debit and had congress meetings about it and instead of fixing it they choose raising the debit cap and guarantee the 25% tax on that stuff isnt gona go to fix this either. and lot the bailing out/loan money was from china.

2. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Raising the debt ceiling is always the convenient go-to option. The country can afford it as long as interest rates are low, and politicians don't have the stomach to raise taxes. Printing money is not what it sounds like though - when the Fed "prints" money what they are doing is issuing more debt, which has to be paid back with interest. It's basically taking out a fresh loan to pay off your current loan, which is standard procedure when you have a debt-based money system (which includes most of the developed world).

airbud7 likes this.
  3. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    instead of raising taxes they need to cut the expenses. 40% is too much already. I don't work so that other people don't have to.

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Exactly. And if I may, an important point (IMO) we have a trade deficit by intention. It cannot be any other way. Why you ask? We are a consumer DEBTOR nation. We spend more than we earn. We consume massive amounts per capita, we are hugely wasteful. Basically the US is one giant credit card and the public and private DEBT goes up every year by another trillion or so...but so what...it is not real money right? Here's my short take.

Democrats: tax and spend. While you might not like paying for things you don't like AKA 'liberal snowflake policies', at least they are upfront about wanting to tax you for them.
    Republicans: cut taxes and spend. You're not paying for the things you don't like and not paying for those you do....like Trump rallies in Ohio (yes your tax dollars pay for the clown show) because you can magically cut taxes and increase spending....Bread and Circuses is still effective on a certain segment.

"I don't work so that other people don't have to."

I see this comment a lot. Of course you do. Everyone works so some else is not..whether that is your wife, kids, elderly grandparent. We all collectively do for each other. That is separate from the Fed wasting what we give them.
    We've had GOP control of both Houses of Congress for some time. Passing another trillion dollars in debt, was not the fault of the 'ebil wibberals'. It is 100% on the GOP and Trump. Ya need to stop voting for the same corrupt grifters.
    Trump IS a grifter on steroids. You could even count Hillary as a grifter on a different level.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    D3M1G0D likes this.

5. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    my wife, kids and grandparents are not spending moneys on Gucci and Louis Vuitton while simultaneously refusing to get a job because then they would lose Medicaid. Working on the front lines in healthcare you see the people that are jobless/morbid obesity with no interest in doing their part for the collective good. Nothing is gained by continuously supporting people who refuse to help themselves in any way. Reinforcing a victim mentality does nothing for the perceived victim but maintain a cycle of poverty and ignorance of how the world actually works.

Increasing the national debt IS ridiculous. Politicians are evil, self absorbed hypocrites that couldn't cut it in any other profession.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Hmm...maybe fake Gucci and Viutton. They can't afford the real thing that's a silly argument. Paul Manafort on the other hand. You litterally picked on a trope a tiny fraction of the population. If you have existing medical condtions who is going to hire you and provide your medical on a min wage job. You're the expert in healthcare so how can you support the GOP position of FOAD?

7. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Not an expert in anything. I had to look up the FOAD comment, it's not a position I initially carried, but after seeing the same people refusing to better themselves and abusing the social safety net you have to cut them loose and focus on the ones that can be helped. The more you see the more cynical you become I guess.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    A google search of FOAD only brings up F*ck Off And Die.

Mat likes this.
  9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Pretty sure that's what he meant. lol

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    That's correct. There are always going to be that segment of society that for whatever reason are going to be a drain on the rest mostly for mental health reasons...and you probably know that. And you're right at some point you have to focus your energy on those you can help and the next layer down of the 'safety net' takes over. There's no solutions only management. That isn't cynicism that's reality. You cannot reinvent humans with all their flaws. I worked 60-70 hour weeks for years and passed on things I could have bought or done so I could retire before 50. That was my goal. I don't know if that is better than someone who took longer but enjoyed the trip more. Here's another thought, with unemployment as low as it is, what quality is left out there? Unless you're looking for a holdout top tier candidate for 6 figures, you're looking at entry level on their 4th job in the last year and who wants to hire them? It's like picking the last kid in dodge ball. My main point earlier though was that the reason we have a trade deficit isn't because of unfair trade, it's because we buy huge amounts of useless crap they sell us.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No no...I mean FORD....Found On Road Dead...or Fix Or Repair Daily.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I always thought it was "found on road dead"

13. Mat

Mat Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    Mate you are total left wing and talk rubbish! Now I' going to go away, as I'm a loser... contradiction much?

In other word's "Don't call me names, but I can call you a loser" give it a rest Heavyherpes, ya lefty snowflake...

airbud7 likes this.
  14. Mat

Mat Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    Don't say that to HeavyHerpes, he'll have a hissy fit and blame Trump! and then if that doesn't work it's the rest of the worlds fault! or the Illuminati, or Freemasons, or Aliens..... maybe even god himself! or multiple gods! you never know with him.... :D

airbud7 likes this.
  15. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You're the one throwing around the most names and insults. Maybe put on ignore if he inflames you so much.

Mat likes this.

16. Mat

Mat Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    You are right, he seriously annoys me, he just talks so much rubbish, telling people this that and the other being totally hypocritical .... yet.... errr he has a picture of a sad baby smoking a cig and acting left wing.... enough said...

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    @Mat I'm tired of your crap. I already gave you points and posted warnings in this thread. Goodbye.

Mat likes this.
  18. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    I have never been a fan of Trump. He was a D$%^ head way before he ever had his on TV show. But all Trump did is try to negotiate trade. None of the world leaders wanted to sit down and do that. (For many reasons.) What Trump decided to do was match the tariffs other countries have placed on the U.S. (Eye for an Eye). in many ways it will hurt us. In many ways it will help all of us. Sometimes you have to black a few eyes in order to get folks to talk. China for one.

airbud7 likes this.
  19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    The thing is, as I was pointing out, we have a trade imbalance because we buy more stuff. The US uses and consumes some 25% of the resources but we're only a fraction of the population. It's simple math. We cannot get countries who have a far lower standard of living, to purchase as much as we do. Never mind that of course it is cheaper for someone in China to buy a product made in China than the equivalent (assuming you could make it at a profit) made in the US. Politics doesn't even need to enter the equation. Where I would focus primarily is in China's theft of intellectual property, copyright and trademark infringement. They are pretty much state sponsored activities in China.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    HandR and carnivore like this.
  20. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:

Thankfully I do not spend money I don't have. All tho you may be 100% correct on paper, it does not relate to my family. Maybe those tariffs will not only make other countries decide what they really need or don't need, but also make us in the U.S. think twice about swiping that Credit card for a pack of gum.

MasterBash likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.