Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't even want the game but I won't bother to make yet another account just to play games. Cya Beth.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    A loooooooooooooooot of lost sales right there.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, I'm not against other services. But, I'm not excited for every damn publisher out there to try and push their own thing.
    Competition is good, I don't want one place (like Valve/Steam) to have a monopoly on such a service.

But, I also don't want to have to have ten or so different programs just to play some different titles from different people.

I can say, I will be really annoyed if this becomes the standard trend for Bethesda's future releases. If DOOM Eternal and RAGE 2 end up exclusive to Bethesda.net I will be... very irritated.
    Not that that means anything in the end... but still.

Whiplashwang likes this.
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    It will be eternal rage for me if so.

Whiplashwang and lucidus like this.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I wasn't sure I could be any less interested in the game but not publishing it on Steam somehow managed it!

lucidus and AsiJu like this.
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    CODEX Edition :p

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Promoting piracy is never the solution.

8. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    For me it's not promotion. I have a box of Fallout 4 goty and I'm using a downloaded version. Why? They wanted me to push an account to steam and register there this game. Every version they release now I need new script extender, for with I need to wait. And I'm a busy guy. I want to play any moment when I have time. With steam and it's automatic updates it prevented me. Now it's simple, I have codex version and I update it only when all mods are updated with script extender. All my problems solved. God bless them.

GOG is the best for me right now. I can install their application or not. Update games whenever I wanna. This is how it should look like. I should be able to choose to install game with or without any additional software.

9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Then why do game publishers promote piracy all the time? ;-)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Whiplashwang likes this.
  10. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Not only is it annoying to have multiple programs for different games, but some of those programs are absolute bare bones crap! I've tried the twitch download app, doesn't show download progress or speed and I can't pause the download. Rockstar's social club app still has issues 3 years after GTA 5 PC release where my connection is continually dropped and I lose download progress. And the Microsoft Store... is one of the worst I've ever experienced. So a bunch of download services is bad, but a bunch of half assed sh!tty download services is far worse!

So, yes, I agree and won't be buying Fallout 76. They did this to maximize profit with their microtransactions and paid mods. We'll all see soon enough.

lucidus likes this.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Whining about piracy seems so whimsical when you can experience pretty much every game on youtube or twitch and just skip the boring bits lol.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Oh.... that's what is happening. I didn't realize a publisher doing something someone disagreed with meant the publisher was advocating piracy. I always thought people were just easily upset and pissy about stuff not being how they wanted.
    I'm glad that's all cleared up. :)

Yeah, as is I already have Steam, Origin and UPlay running almost all the time.
    On top of Battle.net and GoG's Galaxy (which is, pretty meh). I don't feel like adding yet another service just because another publisher feels they are big enough to stand toe to toe with Steam and such.

13. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Considering the main focus is MP - I'm not too sure why they wouldn't at least release this one on Steam from Day 1. Couldn't they wait until F5 to do this crap?

Oh well, if it releases on Steam eventually - might as well let other people do the testing in the meantime! :p

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Even if it comes to Steam, I doubt I'll have any interest in this one.
    The lack of a true solo play... pretty much kills it for me.

Grimbarian likes this.
  15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I was referring to the cases where publishers often make the legit versions of their games inferior to the pirated ones. Which I think people will agree, happens very often.

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Jesus man take your internet points.

On topic, I think this big push for exclusive launchers is kind of...Well Steam has the biggest market on PC for a reason.

AsiJu likes this.
  17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep, no interest in being forced into MP and the more devs do this, the less of my money they will receive.

I won't be buying CoD this year either for the exact same reason, I have no inclination to be forced into your online cheater festivals tyvm, none whatsoever.

As far as another launcher goes, same sentiment as many others here, I don't want anymore f**king launchers, there are already too many and the vast majority of them are naff.

lucidus, cerebus23 and AsiJu like this.
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Come on Besthesda, Fallout New Vegas 2 would make you all very rich beyoud your dreams of avarice, do it, you know you want to.

19. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Ofc you meant Bethesda, let them do it (Obsidian), not do it yourself.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Witty pun wasn't it :D

I have my moments. Me is smart.

And I'll get me coat.