What device are you upgrading to in 2018 ?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by sykozis, Jan 20, 2018.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Which games did you try?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I can't remember what it was now, the play store said not available for my device so I found the apk, think it was something fairly well known.... I remember it had some sort of space tower type structure which had levels every so far up, and you could build a base on one, extra space ships on another, storage one the next, so on so on, but it got so hot I never got further than that before uninstalling it (Guess that was the reason it was not available for my device lol)

-Tj- likes this.
  3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    OnePlus just announced that the OP3 and 3T will get Android P and updates until November 2019, meaning it will end up with 3 years of OS/security updates.
    Doubt any other vendor apart from Google could match that, especially Samsung.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That's for the S8?

There is a July patch on the way for the S9 but hasn't hit mine yet, I'm running my carriers firmware rather than an unbranded one which takes a bit longer to receive them, but apparently they are doing away with the manual super slow-mo mode and replacing it with 480fps slow mo, so we'll be left with just automatic mode for Super 960fps slow-mo once it hits

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    S9 will get it too, saw that @sammobile later

ah this new release will change that..
    I would rather see 1080p 480fps. :)

yosef019 likes this.
  7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I just saw it too lol, well still being stuck on June update I doubt I`ll see the August one any time soon :D

I'd like 480fps to be a separate mode, not replace the manual mode of 960fps, means you'll never be able to use it on anything that's already moving as the auto mode requires the subject to remain still, phone to remain still (tripod), set up the auto mode to watch and wait, then it will start recording when they object moves, which is impossible for most things if you're out and about

-Tj- likes this.
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Just got 1.August update now ~ 270MB :)

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Still on June update lol

-Tj- likes this.
  10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Been thinking about this 480fps replacing the manual mode for Super Slo-mo and decided it's not such a terrible idea, most things you see when you're outside are moving too slowly for Super slow-mo to work properly and the result is a couple of seconds of them just looking like they've stopped dead (Other than insects flying), normal slow mo isn't amazingly slow, so 480fps should be a nice middle number although we should really be given the choice considering you buy a phone for the features it has and don't expect them to be removed a few months later

Still no fix for the notification volume problem some of us have though, on select models notifications play fine when you are in the notifications choice setting panel where you can switch between different sounds, but once you set one and wait for a text or whatsapp etc the volume is 70% quieter and only plays through the bottom speaker instead of both like everything else, all volume sliders are maxed and the only way to make them audible is to edit them in software like Audacity on the PC first to increase their volume then copy them back to the phone, forums are full of the same complaint and Samsung will reply to you on twitter right up until you explain the problem then they never reply again, childish and unprofessional

-Tj- likes this.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´ve just ordered an Huawei P10 for 350€, hope it´s good buy.

StewieTech likes this.
  12. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Its a good buy for that kind of money. Enjoy mate. ;)

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    True but i don´t care about having a more powerful or recent phone. I care more about the size of it and the P10 it´s a "compact" device compared to the P20 and all the other phones out there that are huge at least for me.
    Also my previous phone was the 1st gen Samsung A3 so the P10 is an huge jump in every aspect. I specially love the screen, amazing.

14. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Got myself a Oneplus 6 and good lord is that thing fast.

15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Poco f1 have 1 hour more battery than 1+6

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Just ordered the Note 9 (128gb). Coming tomorrow. Managed to squeeze a good deal out of Vodafone.

17. mtlucgg

mtlucgg Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1070Ti
    Seriously considering getting the latest iPhone XR for dual sim card. Currently use OnePlus 5T

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Samsung do DualSIM too (If you wanted an Android option)

19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    XR with it's only slightly better than 720p LCD screen... I wouldn't let the eSim sway me that way, definitely not.

20. Jay0898

Jay0898 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 270x 2gb
    Pocophone F1 hopefully. Currently have a xiaomi redmi plus 5.