AMD Fury X Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Fox2232, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Synoxia

Synoxia Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    FX6 tweaks HBM timings, temps aren't an issue on Fury X
    I think ovcing HBM doesn't offer any performance gains but overvolt of the HBM maybe could help with the tight timings FX6 bios has

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Make OCL Mem Test & surely you will see the Gains i have with Our BIOS Mods :p
    But if you have stability issues then only V Mod can save you (Mine goes for 1.356v @ 560MHz no artifacts)

Synoxia likes this.
  3. Synoxia

Synoxia Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Yeah unfortunately AMD decided to disable Fury X HBM oc and voltage like Nvidia stomping them wasn't enough and i can't turn myself into an hacker just to do what i want with my own product... whatever im on vega now (bought used ofc)

OnnA likes this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Vega is Another world :D
    Also it's good upgrade from Fury, if someone has FreeSync -> Then, is a must :D

5. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    I did the Fury X => Vega when the first waterblocks for Vega FE were available, I don't regret it (I had a very good deal on the Vega FE). Good gains, more so in vram limited situation. Which happened more and more. Having 16gb now is a blast and kind of futur proof (I already see some games using more than 8gb)

OnnA likes this.
  6. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Mmm, thanks. Someone just explained to me on overclock.net how I can change the voltage with a hex edit, and it made my card 100% stable with a overclock of the core to 1150mhz. So now I can try FX6 with the tighter HBM timings and increase the HBM voltage myself to 1.35V. (If only I can find the link to those bioses... Could the topic starter maybe add those bioses to the start post? They are pretty hard to find within these 100+ pages, or in the almost 200 pages on overclock.net fiji bios editing topic..)

EDIT: Found them again: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!APfeuiYyrqHYmA4&id=E0B5E6C8E1DE8D1E!1162&cid=E0B5E6C8E1DE8D1E

EDIT 2: Wait, that link also shows Tmod with higher hbm voltage and tighter timings. But which do I use? BL2? BL4? Or Fox's FX3, FX5, or FX6? What are the differences? I tried searching for explanations about the differences, but came up empty.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    BL2/4 is Burst Length. It is latency vs bandwidth trade-off which may be good for compute vs gaming.
    RL is read latency change. RW is write latency. (Typo on my side which I left since I realized it after having few dozens of files made for testing.)

FX files are made by myself on my base BIOS with added UEFI and tested on my Fury X showing no stability issues or memory errors (but I had one of better Fiji chips). Those Tmod files are based on OnnA's BIOS which was likely modified by other people before they came to me. And I did some specific changes which were asked from me.

In additional info I did put Jedec's paper and little ods file explaining those 2 registers and what each bit does.
    I did not provide info about other registers as it did not match exactly Jedec's paper. (Maybe someone in AMD reversed lo/high bits in Byte or something, but it made things confusing even for me.)

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Bro, you have BIOS in Our Radeon BIOS Thread i've started years ago :D
    -> https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/creating-bios-hex-editing-guide-280x-and-newer.406016/

If i remeber also @Fox2232 Mod is there ;)

9. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    I tried FX6, got some crashes non the less, not sure where it is going wrong. But as you said, your alterations where specifically for your Fury X (even though I dont have a bad Fury X either). I did see in the topic OnnA linked that a certain tmod rom (Neo_1356v_QuickHBMTimings_BL2 ~450GB/s) has very high throughput, 25% higher than what I have now (around 390/400GB/s). Are the Tmod files in your onedrive also for the Fury X, or only for the Fury?

Damn, never saw it. I never deemed it that relevant for me, as it seemed a pretty general topic on general bios alterations, not specifically for Fiji. It seems that indeed there is a lot of info for Fiji users like me in that topic, and a little more organised compared to searching through the hundreds of pages of this thread. Thanks!

G13Homi likes this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    NP, have fun :D:p:cool:
    Should be pinned...

Note:
    BIOS Thread has all about BIOS Mods for any GCN/Vega GPU :D

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018

11. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    bump.. for a Freida... auto correct at its finest. im leaving it.

12. zerotre

zerotre Member

Hi,

i've edited my bios thanks to OnnA and Gupsterg, now i miss the hmb part, please @Fox2232, could you please link a guide or take care of my bios?

http://cloud1.zoolz.co.uk/s-cNgfr1qY

Also could someone please tell me how is the right way to flash it? In the last times that i've flashed i've got errors...

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Hi, go through thread, it has been described multiple times. But before you proceed, there may be that new AMD driver with reworked wattman. There is some small chance that It will re-enable HBM OC for Fiji.

14. zerotre

zerotre Member

Thanks mate,

will this driver be released in a next future?

15. zerotre

zerotre Member

OK read all the thread:

-set hmb to 570 with hex value A8 DE 00

-about TMOD: i've found the string 50 C3 00 01 08 21 for the 500 strap but i really don't know how and where to edit cause i'm not used to hex editing, also tryied to look at other bioses but there are a lot of changes...

Any chance to have an hand?

Thanks

16. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I'm very hopeful for this, I really don't enjoy bios tweaking so much and would rather have profiled clocks or at least be able to reliably test clocks before considering bios modding (it's possible to use older drivers and Trixx but it's just such a hassle)

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I think that while you are extremely fast reader, you must have skipped one post.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-fury-x-owners-thread.400302/page-94#post-5520718

OnnA likes this.
  18. zerotre

zerotre Member

ahahah
    no no i've checked all the posts, specially that one, the problem is that i cannot understand how to modify those hex value:

i've read that a lot of time but i cannot understand, sorry i'm very noob in hex editing

i've looking for hex value "50 C3 00 01 08 21" in my bios, and i've found them:

https://i.**********/w3WGcH8c/2018-12-03.png

i don't understand when you talk about lower or upper the bits.......

thanks

OnnA likes this.
  19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's what document named "Cleaned.4.Publishing.ods" under "Additional.Info" on linked OneDrive is for.

Advice: "Change Line Width in HxD to 40 since that's length of one memory strap. Makes it easier to read. And if needed, you can enable different display methods of bits/bytes on right side."

20. zerotre

zerotre Member

Thanks,

i've seen also the excel file, some questions:

- "there are straps for memory type 0 and 1", so i've to modify all of them or only one type?

- into the spreadsheet i got three tables, upper table is the timings for the 4+4 straps in hex value, the middle table is the same in dec value, i don't understand the lower table, the fourth column it's about read and write latency but i don't understand where to change the value.

Could i just change the values of the 500/600 strap? I've the OnnA bioses, can i just copy the values of his straps in my bios? There are other values to change?

Thanks very much for the help and the hex lesson!