Shadow of the Tomb raider

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 27, 2018.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Trinity Trilogy :^)

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, they weren't really done with Trinity at the end of the second game.
    So I figured when the game was announced it would still be the main threat.

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    How is that a gameplay trailer? All I see are cutscenes :(

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Finally some real gameplay!

Dragam1337 likes this.
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Well, seems like graphics are dialed down compared to rise of the tomb raider... perhaps it's just the very bad video quality, or perhaps the consoles crawl, if the asset quality was any higher, with the relatively high amount of objects (and we all know that consololol is the primary target for this... sadly...)

Other than that, the colors seemed way off to me, but again, that might just be the very bad video quality.

Edit:

Nah, just saw the vid in much higher quality (link below) - my thoughts are still the same... sadly... i have preordered it, cause i loved the previous 2, especially the last one, as it was visually a marvel, but yeah... that color thing looks way off imo, needs to be fixed.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/11/17443492/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-gameplay

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  8. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Finally a pc game in 2018.
    Her face looks different and feels like Far Cry.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The side quest convos @ 1:50 and 3:40 look unpolished. They're trying too hard to be like AC Origins or whatever. Tomb looked alright at least.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Darn, I might have to buy this game twice. Missus will want the PS4 version, because of reasons, but I obviously want the PC one. Because of... well, obvious reasons!

10/10 you can pet the lama too!

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    This is one of the few games I will be getting this year.
    Not many releases I'm interested in... but, Tomb Raider is high on a very short list.

Serotonin likes this.
  12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I liked the first one, the second one was boring, this one looks meh to me but given how few titles I'm interested in this year I will probably play this.

Spider-Man for PS4 Pro
    We Happy Few for PC
    Madden 19 ....I will buy this not because I love the nfl, but because I am grateful after a decade EA finally sees enough $$ to bring the series back to this platform. And also, because I love the NFL. :)
    Tomb Raider

That'll do it for 2018. I would put down Red Dead Redemption 2, but I have absolutely no faith that game is coming out anytime this year regardless of rockstars claims. Delays are far too common these days and 90% the reason why my above list for 2018 is now so short.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There are only two games this year I'm interested in.

One is Tomb Raider, the other is Darksiders 3.
    There's a little interest in We Happy Few, but, I need to see more of the actual game first.

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I finally got around to finishing Rise of the Tomb Raider just earlier. I loved the first two and I'm sure I'll love this one as well. Graphically I don't see much difference from ROTR, I just hope DX12 is better optimized which I'm sure Nvidia will work on.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Is this even confirmed to have DirectX 12? Previous game saw it added probably mostly from AMD pushing for it's usage though the PC port studio (Nixxes I believe? Same here?) eventually improved it over the course of several patches. :)
    I'd assume GameWorks is what they'll focus on more here maybe a newer version of VXAO or HBAO+ and who knows what else, PureHair/TressFx or Hairworks remains to be seen I suppose and then there's all sorts of techniques.

HDR is probably also going to be a thing though support and implementation is a bit hit and miss on Windows although they could use NVIDIA's API as a alternative though I don't know if AMD GPU's can utilize that.
    If they are utilizing GameWorks there will probably be a showcase trailer of it closer to release and then we'll see more from the actual PC version. :)

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes and DX12 works like a charm.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its a wonder the specs are not out for this yet, as its only about 6/7 weeks away now.

18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    If it doesn't drop support for windows 7/8.1 it will play like trash in DX12 like ROTTR. Windows 10 is the way to go.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Okay...
    Sorry, but RotTR is actually (for me) one of the better performing games with a DX12 patch.
    The DX12 path fixes a lot of key areas in Rise that gave me pretty big performance hiccups.

20. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    If that's true it's probably the first game to actually benefit from a DX12 path, which is nice, as it's been so useless with everything else..

Though for me it's moot, unfortunately DX12 means no Reshade, and I don't play any games without Reshade anymore :)