Guru3D Rig of the Month - July 2018

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The July edition of the Guru3D Rig of the month 2018 comes from beautiful Switzerland, meet Oliver with his rig named "M. Mk IV". Meet the July edition of the Guru3D Rig of the month 201...

Guru3D Rig of the Month - July 2018

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Nice, simple, understated. The way I like a rig to be.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    I will never understand why the pc community think its a clever idea to blow air through a radiator INTO the case from the front only to be re used a second time when its extracted by a second radiator fan.
    Just stupid.

So people can have their windows to see their LED lights where a huge fan should be located.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Looks neat. I like the look.

5. Pawel04

Pawel04 Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950/3GB
    Very nice rig, much how i would like to built mine this year. Thanks for sharing! :)

6. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Nice looking build. I have a very similar air cooled build. Hats off to you guys doing water in desktop builds. I never could bring myself to do a water build so a big arse NH-D15 with Phanteks fans it is for me.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I don't disagree that blowing the hot air from the radiator into the case is a bit counterproductive, but, you could still have a front-mounted radiator and just simply reverse the airflow (in other words, have the hot air blow out of the front of the case). That way, you keep the aesthetic appeal while keeping the PC properly cooled.

8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Hi,i have a Corsair Air 540 and have tried my Corsair H110i gt front mounted(intake) and top mounted(out) and it made no difference to cpu or gpu (Evga 1080ftw) temps whilst gaming.

9. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Really nice build but is that bubbles I see in the reservoir? Might need to bleed the system a bit, bubbles are not good for your loop.

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    While of course you are right, it more looks like the res does at times condensate some of the vapor (top water drops), and the bottom is slight traces of dust inside the res (and air "sticks" to it there).
    The tubing itself looks full and not bubbles there, I guess the rig's builder is fine.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Oh man, That is sweet! Great job Oliver.

12. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Nice looking rig! Like the thick smoothly flowing tubes. But damn, you gotta overclock if you've gone to all that trouble - as long as it still stays silent!

13. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    That's exactly how i have mine.
    Air in from side out front and back.
    No place for led lighting and a window on my pc because its a tool.
    Not a Christmas tree.

14. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I would suggest try build own custom loop and test it on yours PC

From personal experience tried to run top radiators fans as intake and bottom fans as well as intakes with front fans as intakes,then my typical setup top radiator fans as exhaust with bottom fans as intake and front as intake

Difference with 1st setup, water delta T has been around 2-3°C(with 2nd setup my water delta T has been in 5-8°C) with higher ambient interior delta T which has been in 6-8°C in gaming or rendering

I always recommend to run front or bottom intake radiator fans slower than top radiator exhaust fans, usually running top exhaust fans faster by 200-300 RPM

With good fan controller(Aquacomputer Aquaero or new Quadro) you can use temperature probes and compare intake, ambient and interior temperature and create own fan profile based on water or air delta etc, motherboard fan control in many cases is enough but if you wabt something better then Aquaero or Quadro is only way and best way

Just please don't compare custom water loop or cooling to yours Corsair H110i GT AIO

Air cooling or using air cooler setup such as NH-D15 is way easier or this has been my case

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

alanm and fantaskarsef like this.
  15. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Very, very nice. I rate it 4 giggitiys out of 5.

fantaskarsef likes this.