Intel Core i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K specifications also exposed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Mat

Mat Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    You might want to get that changed, RCD's, MCB's etc can't be too careful.

2. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    Guess you haven't worked in retail mate ppl don't give two shits about power consumption. People who buy this gear don't care and won't ever, get over ya self mate. Fucken elitist , it's like ur a politician, ur disconnected to what people care about. I know everybody is root for the underdog to win but this isn't going to be enough, a chip that doesnt compete on IPC and doesn't oc and now suddenly its all about 8 core and we just have to wait for games to use them, you guys have been saying that BS since the first duel cores. Software always lags behind the hardware, I'd wager ur going to be waiting at least 5-8 years before you see ur pcs know how to use that many cores or even longer.
    And for the record first PC 586Something. Celly 400, AMD duron 900, AMD 1.2 athlon, athlon 2400xp , AMD 939 3800X2 at launch

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Really?

There was always talk how AMD is a power hogg i.e. vs nvidia gpu or by intel vs Amd too. And then defending one or the other

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Lol, mate. You throw around things which you think will make you look experienced. But around you have people who experienced PCs before x86.

And your post makes you look stupid. AMD vs. intel are quite equal on IPC, so they are actually competitive.

To sum that post up: Attempt on insult, proving that you lack knowledge, trying to look experienced... What are you trying to pull here?

5. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    Not competitive mate. Still trying to root for the underdog. I guess you may have brought one

6. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    You "forgot" to mention the frequency lead for core and memory. Who run intel cpu @ the same clock as AMD? LOL

We know you love you're AMD cpu now...

7. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    Well, i just dont understand why IPC just isn't so important now.... I mean like when everybody started to cry when MCE was been used in the 8700k benchmark and MCE has been out since 2012 with third gen i7s lol. AMD needed to break intel nose to win not a love tap. I mean i'm all for progression in tech but this is so underwhelming and i don't know why ppl say intel are on the run like do you think they just pulled out the 8700k outta its ass in 6month lol , they would have been working on that for years.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I did not forgot. You just did not care to read post I quoted. He stated that AMD has neither clock nor IPC. And that's simply untruthful fabrication. So try to keep things in context.

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    IPC is very important but there are other equally important metrics like core speeds, core counts and so on. AMD acknowledges the importance of IPC and apparently Ryzen 2 is going to offer an 10 to 15% IPC improvement: https://www.fudzilla.com/news/pc-hardware/46808-amd-zen-2-rumored-to-offer-10-15-ipc-uplift

So thereĀ“s a reason why people are so concerned about IPC.

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    It's going to take some time of getting used to seeing an i7 without hyperthreading since the i7 desktop CPUs all had it *SPAM* back to the 1st generation of core i series CPUs. Yeah the thing with IPC is that alot of applications depend on IPC like emulation for example.

airbud7 likes this.

11. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    That is why we buy Intel, when we need high singlecore performance.

I use Threadripper 1950x for my main server, and 7980xe for my workstation. Overclocked, 7980xe have very high singlecore performance AND very high multicore performance. It's too expencive, but for an workstation, it's ok. The best is gamingperformance is good to :D

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Yeah, I never imagined that this day would come - a new low for the Core i7 (it's essentially a demotion). I guess we shouldn't be too surprised though - Intel always manages to screw over their own products in the pursuit of profits. Using paste instead of solder for the Core i9, making CL incompatible with Z170/Z270, and now disabling HT for the Core i7. It's like they just can't bring themselves to offer the best products for a good price, but have a compulsive need to segment and create artificial barriers to inflate their margins. This attitude is what ultimately drove me away from Intel (I've been an Intel fan since the days of the 80286 - I only came over to the AMD camp last year).

I'm guessing the 9700K will be about the same price as a 8700K, and the 9900K will be $150+ more because it's a "Core i9". People will still buy it in droves of course, willingly fleecing themselves.

13. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Computerhardware is cheap compared to many other hobby's/things. That is why people buy the best, and not allways "value for money" , or the second best.

14. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Last time I checked, a mid-range GPU like the 1060 vastly outsells a super high-end GPU like the Titan Xp. People buy the best? Rich people, you mean. Not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend on computer parts every year (only a tiny percentage of a tiny fraction of people have a Core i9 or Threadripper). Value for money matters for the vast majority of consumers.

Embra, HonoredShadow and -Tj- like this.
  15. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    When ppl are happy to buy so much fast food i don't see them worrying about value for money buddy. When my old company used to sell a crap ton of notebooks for $500 AUD it was very easy to upsell them the $700AUD one, its the same as $1000 to $1299 or some crap.I tend to see ppl buy high end mainstream cpu then mid range gpu,cheap ram and skimp out of psu then they use old HDD case ect.

16. Mat

Mat Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    Compering fast food to cpu's, I see why you don't have many likes! 0 in fact! :eek:

warlord and D3M1G0D like this.
  17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Fast food is vastly superior to PC hardware.

It overclocks your real time speed needed to visit the toilet. You can never be unstable. :D

Mat likes this.
  18. Mat

Mat Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    Fast food does make my guts unstable, a good prawn Vindaloo will go through me in seconds, seriously overclocked and unstable guts! it corrupts memory too! I still eat it again and again! :D

Robbo9999 and warlord like this.
  19. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    lol. I care about likes on forums.

airbud7, Mat and warlord like this.
  20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Now you do, get one. Pawned :p