The GTX 1080-Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I returned a card that would lock up / reset the driver with its highest OC profile loaded (manufacturers profiles).
    That’s what it’s supposed to be able to, so if it can’t do that anymore, back to the dealer I say!
    That’s my main reason to shop hardware like this at a reputable dealer (or Amazon) so that I can exchange it without hassle.

My first card booted to roughly 2050 out of the box, but I wasn’t able to overclock the core at all, neither was I able to lower the voltage.
    My second card now boots a little lower at default, but it’ll boost and run perfectly fine at 1950-1980 with 0.95V, which lowers power consumption quite a bit (I think 80W roughly with Witcher 3).

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    OC profiles from additional software are not guaranteed to work ever, the only thing you are guaranteed is stable out of the box.

Witcher29 and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I bought an Aorus 1080Ti Extreme Edition and I received my replacement from the dealer, so I don’t mind *why* they did it.
    It’s not so much an additional software, as it’s needed to control the LEDs.

4. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i want to put a second one, but i'm just current looking for cheap ones, my options are the zotac amp and msi gaming x, the zotac amp looks big but apparently have better cooling and the gamin X looks really cool, which of them would you choose.

5. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    MSI is a top notch 1080ti. I would easily recoomend it over Zotac.

6. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Apparently i got the last one of the msi one.

7. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    The last one, huh? That must mean the 1100 series is right around the corner!

8. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Well they restocked today, but yeah maybe is around the corner, but with a 1080ti sli now i really don't care what comes up later.

9. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Would be really appreciated if your share your cpu info, far cry 5 before and after sli, BF1 and GTA 5. I hope you game on 1440p 144hz.

10. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I don't really get this voltaje, overclock stuff, for example i want mine to go 2070mhz with 1050mv since i found that voltaje is the perfect one for my card, but when i go to that core clock or higher my voltajes inmeadiatelly start to drop to 1043mv and below but if i up my voltaje control even just by one digit then the voltaje starst upping from 1062mv and above

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018

11. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    If it runs at the advertised clock speeds, it's working as intended and not defective. You guys are playing the silicone lottery where sometimes you win, and sometimes you don't. It's like when you lose your shirt gambling in Vegas. Suck it up, don't complain on the drive home, and don't expect anyone else to pay for your bad luck. That means don't file bogus RMA's because it always costs everyone else in the long run.

12. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I agree with your sentiment, and the GPU does in fact run at 1569MHz base and 1683MHz boost, but it *isn't* actually stable after being installed. I can only get it stable (in 3 computers at this point) by downclocking from -26MHz to -50MHz, otherwise the vast majority of games I try to play will CTD or freeze. I'm not going to RMA this card since I'm going to sell it once 3rd party 11 series cards are out, so it isn't worth my computer downtime to gain ~50MHz.

13. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    and this is why i never buy used.

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    These cards dont run at advertised clocks, they boost higher.
    With the card at default settings it is unstable at boost clocks.
    Its not our lack of understanding thats at issue.

15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    In general, I do not. In fact, I didn't want to. I'm just not willing to pay crypto/memory hiked prices for new cards. After testing and clocking the core down a bit it is fine for me until the next cards come out, and I'm enjoying gaming while not worrying about stability anymore.
    With the introduction of Boost 3.0, or any boost really, it has become harder and harder to determine what "stock" clocks are anymore. Especially with EVGA and how they seem to make their own BIOS's compared to other brands. Again, I'm over the whole thing and just enjoying gaming at stable clocks.

Mufflore likes this.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I was finally able to find my dream 1080 Ti for a decent price. (Better then most offers anyway.)
    The Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB (Someone tell me if its really 11GB of vram? i thought they are 8GB only.)

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Glad you found what you were looking for. I still haven't found what I'm looking for ;) Yes they do have 11GB VRAM, I was using ~10GB yesterday in Gears 4 at ~5k Ultra settings.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Oh ok, i had no idea lol. I do play at 2560x1080 (I know, 1080 TI seems overkill.) but some games did struggle to keep 60fps like Shadow of War and Wildlands.
    I use a 200hz monitor for shooters so i hope this card can make it happen to keep fps high. :)

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Maybe you can use half refresh rate? 200fps might not happen all the time. Grats on your new card ;)

20. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    1080ti is overkill for 1440p? Lol nope.
    It might not be an overkill for even 1080p 144hz in new games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.