The Witcher series Likely To Return hints CD Projekt Red CEO Kiciński

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Thunk_It and Silva like this.
  2. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    They'll probably go back in the story, maybe with other characters giving a different perspective of the events.
    It would be interesting to play as Vesemir, Ciri or Yennefer. The possibilities to explore are endless.
    As to Witcher 4 I'm sure it will come, but not before Cyberpunk and 1 or 2 spin-offs. A 4 needs to live up with expectations and will take a long time to make.

3. The Enforcer

The Enforcer Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    Hopefully they will let you play it with a female character too, I didn't buy the game especially because of this.

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Seriously?

sammarbella, G*addict, Silva and 3 others like this.

5. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    first of all you get to play Ciri in some parts
    second of all I hope they DONT let your play a female so you DONT get to experience this game awesome game again...

6. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Quoted the wrong post.

7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Really the sjw crap really are getting so tiresome....

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Winner for the most dumb reason to not play a video game goes to: ......The Enforcer!

Congratulations!

9. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    CD Projekt has earned my trust as a gamer with The Witcher 3. Absolutely great game, free cosmetic addons and 2 killer DLCs very reasonably priced. I have faith in The Witcher 4 irregardless of the angle they take.

Wow, that's.... too much! :/

hawk7000 likes this.
  10. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3090
    This time will I be able to get out of the first tavern before I give up?

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I'm not with you guys either. Female characters in video games are a great option, particularly with this male dominated genre of entertainment. However, having a male character only playable is not a reason not to play the game for me, especially since there is no evidence there's any malicious intent of purposely not including a playable female character.

Venix and Aura89 like this.
  12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I don't mind female characters - as long as it fits the setting/context/timeline/story. But if female characters are being imposed in games because of attitudes as shown above - it makes for a crap game because of just that.

BF V for reference, as for the explanation - probably shittier. :D

EDIT: Oh wow, my initial adjective was automatically changed to 'crap'! :O

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    A game about Ciri is the game I want.

Silva likes this.
  14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    You are aware that the game is called The Witcher it is based on a series of novels in which the entire Witcher clan is made up of males and that Ciri is an anomoly. She may have been trained by The Witchers she may have wanted to be a Witcher but she hasn't been through the mutation so she isn't a Witcher. Would be rather strange to call the game The Witcher and then have you play as someone who isn't actually a Witcher.

You also have to take in to consideration that given the games are based on an established story that limits the character set the developer could use, yes they could very well give you a create your own character but Project Red have already said that they didn't want to do that because they wanted to create a story centred around a pre-determined character. If they continue that and do go for one of the female characters then they are giving the player access to some of the most OP characters possible given that all the main female characters (except Ciri) are sorceresses and who's abilities seem to be quite turned down within the game.

Also no I don't really want a story centred around Ciri. something with a young Vesemir would be quite good given that The Witcher games and books seem to be set in an era where The Witcher clans are on the down swing something set during the earlier period of The Witchers could prove to be quite interesting.

Venix likes this.
  15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It's not real, you know. You write everything you want into a story, including female witchers.

With that being said, if it's going to be another female in high heels, then no, thank you. I don't have a need for a waifu.

Venix likes this.

16. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    nothing wrong against female characters in video games , hell in most video games i would take the famale option because it is more pleasing to my eyes ! But when people have a problem that they do not get a female character on a game BASED on NOVELS they pretty much want to change the lore of literature masterpieces , then you get sjw's complaining that Kingdom Deliverance is Racist cause they do not have enough people of color, a game that focuses on realistic medieval and historical events in the 15th century of Europe , where well none of color was around or they where extremely rare .Then you have Anita claiming that battman's cape is like a piece of technology to cover his bum ... while the catwoman have none , trying to present like video games are some misoginy simulators that your sole purpose is to kill women ending up media demonizing our hobby .... and ridiculous things like that , options ? options are great ! as far at the end are not forced down my throat in return of ruining franchises ! i am very much into idea that Creating video games and any form of ART should never ever ever altered just to please a group of angry people that want to push agendas ...neither i would complaint if a charlies angel's game comes out and they give no option of a male character ...

No argument there well said in this part.

so i guess you did not play any Tomb Raider game ever , right ?

17. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    Yes Sir! Me too! She is one bad @ss Woman! Ciri or go home!

18. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    While I can't fathom why someone would expect, or desire, to be able to play a game about the witcher, Geralt of Rivia, (the infamous Butcher of Blaviken), other than as Geralt, that is your choice to make. Not mine to criticize. However, I must say you missed out on a really terrific game.

Given that this is CD Projekt Red we're talking about, I'm thinking 2024 before we get a glimpse of this.

airbud7 likes this.
  19. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    The Witcher IP is one of my absolute all time favorites!

20. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Hilbert,

You should provide a larger version of the thumbnail image for news items (if possible), once you click.
    I know when I look at each thing, I'm interested in seeing the thumbnail pic in more detail along with the news/article info.
    Just some hopefully constructive feedback. :)