GeForce HotFix driver 398.46

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Jul 3, 2018.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Volta launched in May 2017.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    He's talking about consumer Volta(Not Titan V of course). The upcoming cards will be called Turing, not Volta.

Cryengine and tiliarou like this.
  3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There is and will be no consumer Volta and even if you call Titan V that it's launched some time ago.

4. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Yeah but apparently turing will be a capped volta without tensor cores, im going to wait for the tensor core version, since they announce a lot of incredible stuff compatible only with tensor cores

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I think it will feature tensor cores, not so many like on titanv, i mean they made new raytracing rtx for games, what's the point in this new gpu if it's missing it?

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's highly likely to share the same architecture to a degree but saying that it'll be just Volta with capped something won't be accurate. Volta is 1.5 years old at this point, it would be highly unwise to assume that NV hasn't been working this whole time on further improvements.

7. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I think of the titan v and tesla v more like a early access hardware, what i know is usulally developers starts to make the hardware and test it years before it's released to the public, pascal maybe 2 years now, but probably is even older, probably they released the tensor core tech just to test the waters, because originally it was intended for just IA not for raytracing, i think that was just a side benefit of releasing it earlier, just like on tessellation days amd practically invented it but somehow nvidia dominated it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  8. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA makes much more money from the server market then consumers. They wouldn't "test" anything on their several-thousand-dollar Volta cards, which is not only Titan V, but also the much more expensive Tesla cards.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This isn't true. Their non gaming markets are growing much faster than gaming/Quadro ones but the majority of their revenue is still from consumer markets. But I agree that Volta isn't a test of anything. It's a lot more likely that consumer Volta lineup was simply scrapped last year because of miners buying droves of Pascals and AMD being essentially unable to compete. Turing will probably be something like Volta 2.0, akin to how the main Maxwell lineup was Maxwell 2.0.

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    What about other games, and HDR 2560x1440p resolution ? what about 1080,1080TI with the Quadro drivers, better or worse ?

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    not shure what to say...
    As i sayd, FOR ME, it works better and stable since im on older hardware and windows 7..and from what "I Feel and see in my eventLOG, Quadros are more stable for me..

Best way is to test it for yourself, see if you have an more stable experience with them..And teh Answer will come to you :)

I can just say what works best for me..everyone has a different setup, so i want talk for others...