[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I did think about RS5 and I may yet try it out, but I never had the network and LAN issues 1803 has when I was back on 1607.

2. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    BuilderR2, I had this problem. Installed smb1 from 'Turn windows features on/off' in the programes and features control panel. Hope that helps.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If it solves it then great but I'm on 1607 and I uninstalled SMBv1 via that same option and I didn't have any disruption in my network at all. There's something wrong in 1803.

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Well, the whole SMB1 section was unchecked so I tried checking it and rebooting. Same issue. Then I decided to try all of the NIC's I have in boxes. Something like an Intel I210T1, generic desktop Intel CT adapter and another Intel server NIC I can't remember. They all had the same issue with/without SMB1, and I tried both ways with 4 different drivers (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) with zero luck. Asked my brother if I could try out his Realtek 8111E NIC and all network stuff worked fine! I've ordered one from Amazon to get here on Friday.
    Sadly, it did not. I'm back on 1607 with no SMBv1 and all network things work fine even with my Intel NIC's installed. I tried to join the Win 10 insider builds last night but couldn't due to the fact that they are saying they are too close to release for me to join now. I'll report back here once I get my Realtek 8111E NIC installed on my 1803 Windows 10 drive.

5. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    sometime when loading up the windows store. the drop down menu tab is missing. relaunching the store fixes it, but its annoying.....

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    On mine rig windows store is broken since 1709. I was thinking that upgrading to 1803 will fix it, but no. Not that I need it.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is there any way to disable the obnoxious and persistent mobile phone app "nagging" that Microsoft do in their apps such as News and even Weather? It really does get quite wearing at times and I got to the point where I actually installed the Microsoft launcher on my Android-based HTC One M8 just to see if they'd go away (they didn't!).

Microsoft really do know how to annoy people as there isn't a "no, thank you" option!!!

And while I am on the subject of "Microsoft" and "annoying things", why does Windows 10 insist on deleting the thumbnail cache?

The idea of the cache is to speed up the display of thumbnails for your photos in the Photo app or File Explorer when using icon view over a period of time yet despite disabling the option to delete thumbnails via a registry tweak, I found that post-cumulative updates that Windows resets this so I lost around 3 GB of thumbnails meaning I am back to waiting for Windows to refresh thumbnails on my 15,000+ photos and screenshots!

After doing some research, I discovered that apparently Windows deletes the thumbnail cache by default after every restart of the PC meaning that without the registry tweak I lose all cached data every time I turn off my PC (which is every morning and every night)!

I believe this issue has only started since v1709 or v1803 as I never had problems with Windows retaining thumbnails with earlier builds of Windows 10.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Where is the location of the settings for the screensaver? I found it by searching "saver", but where is the actual link to the screensaver located in this weird windows settings menu?

I've tried looking but my eyes just aren't finding it.

Also, is it possible to remove everything relating to the "3D Objects folder" ? like... wtf..

And then the Games folder is removed, sigh...

I feel like Microsoft are just trying to piss people off on purpose.

*edit*

I figured out the screensaver link location, it's on the lock screen tab at the very bottom *facepalm*

*editit*

I figured out how to have a games folder "kind of"..... gg microsoft for being an absolute dick......

I'm using Classic Start, which is a continuation of Classic Shell, " https://github.com/passionate-coder/Classic-Start/releases " I made a custom folder, and I then took the gameux.ddl from my laptop which has 1511 build of 10 so it still had the icon for the game folder, I uploaded that to my google drive in case anyone doesn't have an earlier build of 10 and wanted it https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sCVJ3_zRjNopf0aEOYueHfXZ8jnp6IGx

To make custom folder in Classic Shell you go to Customize Start Menu tab > right click the list where you want the new item > Insert new item > click on the new item then scroll it down to Custom > Then right click it + edit item, also you will need to create a new folder for the start menu folder to point at where the shortcuts will be located so create a new "Games" folder at the following location

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games

Then point the link of the folder in classic start to that Games folder, then whatever shortcuts you place in that folder will appear in classic start, I guess you dont need to actually create the folder at that location.

I then pointed the new custom menu in classic start at the gameux.dll which contains the games folder icon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Windows 10 1803 Game Folder

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    lucidus and Darren Hodgson like this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well I gona download the 1803 iso from widows media creator to put on usb stick then maybe get around to doing the "upgrade"

10. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Well after some time, i realized some annoying little issues from upgrading 1703->1803. So went for a fresh install of 1803, everything has been perfect so far. Dang, every time i ever try an "upgrade", it just never agrees with my PC in the end. (not just me, other pc's i have worked on as well)

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Easier to grab official iso from here https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I do that if the usb creation from the media creator didnt work. when ever I get around to do this. I do know i look foward to clean install I will being doing shortly after the "upgrade" cause it always happens which one reasons i hate this ever 6 month lets release a new build, cause the upgrades never work right in my case.

KissSh0t likes this.
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was doing CU date today, and when I restarted to let it it do it thing it started to act like it was doing build update, when it was all said and done, I found out 1709 build decided to sneak in, I reverted that back to 1703 if reverting back to 1703 some how manged to screw something up, will just do 1803 build soon then I wanted.

On side not if "anyone" has Logitech F710 and can tell m the 1803 build 100% fix the driver issues randomly not being installed on boot or drivers are installed but pad not recognized and there for not working was fix in the build probably do the upgrade, I like the gamepad but it driver issue are pissing me off. I really dont want to go buy another pad I spent 49$ on this thing its only "PC" pad I liked that is based off DS design I never expected such issue from "PC" gamepad to have driver issue in x-input let along d-input, In d-input it supposed to act like cordless rumblepad 2, which has zero issue with drivers, right up to point it die, F710 sure as hell dont work like cordless rumble pad 2 in d-input mode. cause even in that mode drivers are randomly not installed and some time when they are it not recognized

I know the 1709 build had some issue with USB devices not working that logitech had info on there site about

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Another update this month
    build KB4345421 (OS Build 17134.167)

• Addresses an issue that may cause some devices running network monitoring workloads to receive the 0xD1 Stop error because of a race condition after installing the July update.
    • Addresses an issue with the DHCP Failover server that may cause enterprise clients to receive an invalid configuration when requesting a new IP address. This results in a loss of connectivity.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the restart of the SQL Server service to fail occasionally with the error, “Tcp port is already in use”.
    • Addresses an issue that occurs when an administrator tries to stop the World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC). The W3SVC remains in a "stopping" state, but cannot fully stop or it cannot be restarted.
    https://winaero.com/blog/cumulative-updates-for-windows-10-july-16-2018/

15. tekniksinc

tekniksinc Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD6950 1G
    I'm on latest stable build (17134.165) and I've found out that when I play games the gpu usage is 0-30%, which results in low fps.

Tried uninstalling with DDU and reinstalling drivers but found out that the April Update 1803 has this issue. Is there any fix anywhere for this apart from going back to a previous build or trying insider builds?

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Have you tried to toy with full screen optimizations for games?

17. tekniksinc

tekniksinc Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD6950 1G
  18. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    July 24, 2018—KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191)

Improvements and fixes
    • Addresses an issue that causes devices within Active Directory or Hybrid AADJ++ domains to unexpectedly unenroll from Microsoft Intune or third-party MDM services after installing provisioning package updates (PPKG). This issue occurs on devices that are subject to the Auto MDM Enrollment with AAD Token Group Policy. If you ran the script Disable-AutoEnrollMDMCSE.PS1 as a workaround for this issue, run Enable-AutoEnrollMDMCSE.PS1 from a PowerShell window in Administrator mode after installing this update.

• Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
    • Improves the ability of the Universal CRT Ctype family of functions to handle EOF as valid input.
    • Addresses an issue with registration in the "Push to Install" service.
    • Addresses an issue with Roaming User Profiles where the AppData\Local and AppData\Locallow folders are incorrectly synchronized at user logon and logoff. For more information, see KB4340390.
    • Addresses issues related to peripherals that use Quality of Service (QoS) parameters for Bluetooth connections.
    • Addresses an issue that causes SQL Server memory usage to grow over time when encrypting data using a symmetric key that has a certificate. Then, you execute queries that open and close the symmetric key in a recursive loop.
    • Addresses an issue where using an invalid password in a wireless PEAP environment that has SSO enabled submits two authentication requests with the invalid password. The excess authentication request may cause premature account lockouts in environments with low account lockout thresholds. To enable the changes, add the new registry key DisableAuthRetry (Dword) on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\26using regedit, and set it to 1.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents OpenType fonts from printing in Win32 applications.
    • Addresses an issue with DNS Response Rate Limiting that causes a memory leak when enabled with LogOnly mode.
    • Addresses an issue in a RemoteApp session that may result in a black screen when maximizing an app window on a secondary monitor.
    • Addresses an issue in IME that causes unexpected finalization of strings during Japanese input in applications such as Microsoft Outlook.
    If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    not sure if I like that fact that some drivers apps are now UWP apps.....

installed updated asus realtek drivers. once the apps installed, they are updated through the windows store..

but when first installing, apps wont install until system is reboot. and doesnt give you progress on whats going on.

doesnt help I have system notifications disabled...

also now sound control apps run with 3 different added services, the Nahimicservices.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah Realtek has a alternative driver that updates through the app store, I'm still using the old driver system but this is a aging motherboard with a older codec so it probably wouldn't be picked up by the UWP drivers which focuses on newer models and specific chipsets since the drivers are far smaller and only contains the essential components.

EDIT: And it also differs with various bundles such as Dolby, Nahimic and a few others for certain vendors.