The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    That's is crazy talk you did not lose the Silicone Lottery.You have to figure out what is the best settings for your 2700X.
    Just do what HH did in his review for CB R15 I am sure you will get the exact same result.
    Also if you want extra points in CB R15 do what other people do run the bench in real time.
    Also try BCLK overclocking and run 2700X above 4.3Ghz and you will get good results in CB R15

BigMaMaInHouse likes this.
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You are apparently using automatic XFR/PB. That leaves you at mercy of your board. Default Power limit is likely 105W when only XFR is enabled and 125W with Precision Boost on all boards.
    Now, in situation when all cores are under full load, voltage should not be 1.52V, that's voltage required to reach 4.35GHz. At clock you mentioned, MB should use something like 1.35V.

So, you have few options:
    - If MB has voltage offset, you can reduce automatic voltage by like 25mV and observe change, then 50mV and repeat, ... till CPU becomes unstable under load or under situations when it is switching power states/clocks.
    - Go to Precision Boost detailed manual settings for power and increase default Power limit to like 160W if board can handle it. (Some boards let you set higher, but still are internally limited to 160W or so.)
    - Manual OC which leaves chip permanently at set up clock and voltage.
    - Manual OC via PStates. (Allows CPU to downclock when idle.)

As for your 2400MHz ram, try to OC it at least to 2866MHz, it will help a bit too in some applications. (But CB R15 is quite memory bandwidth and timing insensitive.)
    And BCLK, ignore it for now. That's for times when you know your CPU well. +without async. frequency, you'll be moving clock for all buses which will make some devices unusable or at risk of corrupting data.

BigMaMaInHouse likes this.
  3. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    Thank you all, I left all @ stock setting in bios(4011 latest) and only tried to enable the XMP profile(D.O.C.P.) for the memory, stock voltage, Max vCore per core goes upto 1.52V, all core ~1.35V.
    The big Problem - I can't OC, any change to Multi- it gets locked to 3200Mhz(x32) in windows but in task manager I see "CPU->Base speed:" the frequency it should be after OC.
    Is it Bios/MB related or it could by my old Win10 (used my ssd win win10 on new pc- it works).
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/2700x-x470-prime-pro-setting-cpu-multi-locks-it-to-x32.421887/
    Hope Asus will release new bios soon, all X470 board still at AGESA 1.0.0.2a while only ROG CROSSHAIR got Update Agesa Code to 1.0.0.2c.
    Can't believe the even cheap X470 Gigabyte board got it before Asus.
    P.S- don't buy the Antec Kuhler k240 if your PC on the table near you and you want Silent PC, I can Hear the Pump noise(hmmmmm) and after you notice it one you can't ignore it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  4. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    [​IMG]

Do you have the Auto / Default option in Overclock tuner ? If yes then select Auto and it will clock higher. The clocks you report sounds like it's on default.
    If you have performance enhancer then try setting it on level 2 and set the CPU voltage to 1.350v then it should go to ~4200 on all cores and ~4300 on single core
    You may need to increase the CPU vcore a little.
    So ... If you have these settings in your BIOS then

Set Ai Overclock tuner to Auto .. not default (Clock will go to 100,6 on auto and stay on 100.0 with default)
    Set Performance enhancer to level 2 (you can also set it to 3 and get almost 4.5 GHz single core but then you need to change a lot of other things as well)
    Set CPU vcore to 1.35v

Regarding AGESA 1.0.0.2c:
    For the first time ever I'm able to boot into windows with D.O.C.P enabled with my 2 x 16 GB ram @ 3200 MHz.
    It fails in Ramtest when reaching 7%, but it's a good starting point and I have never been able to do that before.
    Always had to run special tweaks to get it to 3200 MHz. So I'm looking forward to Ryzen 2.

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Do not leave Performance Bias on Auto. Change that to CB15 and you will see better scores. That is all that needs to be done. Improving the score from there is where one needs to do what the others have stated.

6. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    hi im new here but my ryzen 2700k goes to 5ghz for about 01 secs on cpu z 1.85 is this a bug

7. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    Thank you all for your Help!
    Finally I found out why I could not change Multi (stuck at X32), the stupid reason was that I had to manually install AMD Chipset drivers, even tho Windows update installed it on first boot.
    X42 multi@1.375V in bios and drops to 1.3V in HWMonitor_x64 while CB running (1.35V crash on CB R15).
    Edit: 4.2@1.375 was't stable, back to 4.1@ 1.33V for testing, prefer less TDP.
    DOCP active 2400MHz.
    all other settings on AUTO.
    GPU:1080Ti Amp xtreme

https://s22.**********/ozenvw9bl/2700x_4.2ghz.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    jura11 likes this.
  8. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Nice to read you have what you were looking for in CB15.
    I would be interested in seeing you run a game benchmark like rise of the tomb raider @ 4.1 and then run one with XFR/Boost and see what the difference is.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    [​IMG]

PS.
    Also new AGESA 1.0.0.4 & 0.6 is coming -> it will Feature better RAM OC capabilities ;)

10. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    Something strange, I have downgraded the bios to 4008 and now the max all core turbo went up-to 3941 from 3788~3850, CB score ~1743.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    maybe asus isnt issuing anymore updates for strix b350-f board?
    last updates are from April, 3 months now..
    Im stuck using the march bios, because my memory speeds wont work on the April bios.

13. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    What Option for HPET is best for Our ZEN CPUs?

I've tested some Options (Cmd As Admin):
    To view bcdedit settings type: bcdedit /enum
    BIOS for HeroVI is 6201 Stable:

1). Disabled & deleted Values:

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
    bcdedit /deletevalue tscsyncpolicy
    bcdedit /deletevalue disabledynamictick

[​IMG]

2). Enabled

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
    bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

[​IMG]

3). My Best settings for ZEN:

bcdedit /set useplatformclock false
    bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

[​IMG]

The last one is my Default for a very long time.
    Particularly good for FreeSync setup ;)
    Today i was curious & tested some other Values/Options.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  15. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Not sure if it is a bug/glitch but I have seen my 2600X hit 4.8Ghz in windows task manager under performance.I have seen other post saying the same.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    ^Kind of surprised that the C7H was not on the list since it is supposed to have a better VRM layout and whatnot than the C6H.

18. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I love my C7H, and it still has the old 0207 Bios that it shipped with. It runs great I just left it on manual for chip, just no need for me too 24/7 overclock it & my G Skill Flare kit runs @ it's 3200 spec no problem with it's default settings the latency is 67.ns so ultimately no need to update bios at least not yet. It will depend on what Zen2 is and if I will update chip.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Already here. MSI/ASRock released some BIOSes. Others likely too.
    And I have ASRock X470 Taichi on its way.

Check This one out (Who's opinions are valued by ASRock):
    https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X470 Taichi/index.asp#Overview

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.