AMD B450 motherboards now available in etail

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASUS, ASRock, and Gigabyte B450 motherboards are now available in etail. The boards seem to hover in a 80~90 euro price region and are compatible with both last years Ryzen, as well as the new Ryzen...

AMD B450 motherboards now available in etail

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    I'm interested if memory is more stable with these boards compared to B350 boards. It would be nice to test with the first generation Ryzen CPU and the second.

3. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    Good chance I will buy one after your review. Very excited! SSD & RAM are finally dropping in price. Have an overclocked Phenom X4 @ 4.3GHZ and RX560 4GB clocked really good and need a new system.

4. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    From the limited amount of testing memory compatibility seems to be dependant on the Ryzen CPU it's self which makes sense since the memory controller is on the CPU, but have seen some Ryzen 2700X do 3600MHz on the X370 platform.

5. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    I agree with Dazz. Is down to CPU, but the process is better with Ryzen 2 compared to Ryzen 1 where IMC was bit wonky.
    But they were some good chips also. My old 1800X with CH6 and 0701 (and newer) BIOS even run ram at native speeds (3600C15) without trouble. (Gskill Ripjaws V)

--------------
    The only thing that stops me from jumping to 2700X and Strix X470-I is that there is no monoblock for it :(
    My Strix Z370-I looks so nice with it and don't want to replace it.

6. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm curious about that too. If the B450 accepted a wider variety of DDR4 at higher speeds without bios updates then it would be a no brainer to buy them over the previous generation.

7. cristiat

cristiat Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060
  8. cristiat

cristiat Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Asus is also up, do a Google for Asus B450