Nvidia Possibly to Announce GeForce GTX 1100 series during Gamescom

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    If they could show a Metro Exodus PC demo with RTX, physX and HDR that would be beneficial for all.

3. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    New cards will probably cost 50% more than the last ones, both due to left over stock and inflated prices.
    Until AMD releases something, we probably won't see competitive prices.
    My fear is if we have to wait for Intel...knowing them it probably won't work either...

GSDragoon, jura11 and sammarbella like this.
  4. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I'm planning on buying my first Monitor upgrade since the cheap LG W2361V i got so many years ago.

I'm aiming at an ultrawide and i can assure that once you play in one you don't want to go back, anyway

The problem is that i'm aiming at a GSync ultrawide and here is where the problem is, with my current GTX1080 it will be fine but the GTX1080 isn't that good of a card for what i want and on a Ultrawide is even worse, but the issue is,

AMD is reading 7nm GPUs with should allow for a huge clock improvement just on the core alone, and if i was to upgrade to the next XX80 it would be a Ti which means that is another Year before those are even out so by then AMD 7nm GPUs should be out and my GSync will be useless, not a good time to upgrade right now :/

5. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Hopefully...Europe needs to be as important as US when it comes to these expos, we need more of this.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Core clock is only partially tied to the manufacturing node. There are a bunch of other optimizations that need to be done in order to get clockspeed up in an architecture, things like critical path optimization and cell library optimization. AMD going to 7nm doesn't automatically mean the clockspeeds are going to increase. Also because 7nm is so new and yields will likely be low at the start, both AMD/Nvidia will target smaller cards (~300mm2) for consumer space. Which means that neither company will probably release anything significantly faster than a 1080Ti anytime soon. Most likely 10-15%+ 1080Ti esque performance at lower pricing/power - similar to the 1080 from the 980Ti.

7. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    I just wish they would get on with it.

8. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Regarding new GPU, say the 1180/2080 or whatever they decide to call it, 10% performance increase is rather low, the 1080 was 20%+ faster than a 980 Ti in some games, 10% is hardly an upgrade if the improvement is only 10% better than the 1080ti, that is for people with a Ti, either way i wont be upgrading anytime soon my GPU, it will either be the best AMD GPU by 2019 or next Ti that should also come by 2019.

Also the 1080 Ti can hardly play games at 4k and maintain 60FPS in most cases outside of overclocked cards, a 10% increase is not enough to make a difference at 4k, plus 60FPS is like 1080p, is getting boring and dated, new standard should be above 100FPS

Example: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/zotac_geforce_gtx_1080_ti_arcticstorm_mini_review,22.html

If the new XX80 is only 10% better than the 1080Ti it still doesn't reach 60FPS at 4k considering the 10% improvement is even at 4k lol.

Also there's plenty of people with monitors over 100Hz these days, unless they play at 1080p only the Ti can maintain a FPS over 100 at ultrawide 1440p on average and even then has trouble, while UW 1440p is not as demanding as 4k is not very far, and if i have a Monitor with 100Hz i want 100FPS average, and no single GPU right now can do that.

[​IMG]

Just the TI vs the base 1080 is already a huge improvement, i doubt the new XX80 is only 10% better, but then again i'm not buying one so whatever lol.

I expect the next XX70 to be the same as a Ti since it's been like that but slightly better.

This is the problem with competition, there's no competition we get potatoes from nVIDIA, hopefully AMD does another Ryzen-like stunt but this time on nVIDIA.

Thank god we're not stuck in the 4 Core hell that Intel been feeding us for i don't know how long lol.

9. Toss3

Toss3 Guest

GPU:
    WC Inno3D GTX 980 TI
    You shouldn't be looking at benchmarks running ultra settings as those are usually visually no different than high or even sometimes medium settings, yet can cost you an immense amount of performance. If you want over 100fps you should know you shouldn't put everything on ultra as that is genuinely just not a good idea.

alanm likes this.
  10. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Maybe a 1080 TiTi verision!

I mean come on, who does not want tities?

11. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I know, at Ultrawide 1440p i expect to use Medium in most games if i want over 100FPS on a GTX1080 even with the 2.1GHz i have on core, depending on games HBAO+ looks about the same as normal one and taxes a lot of the GPU, some settings increase GPU usage by a lot and make little to no visual difference.

If most games made proper or even use of occlusion culling then we would have far better performance in some games.

12. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Good luck on your G-Sync monitor, spending those hundred of extra bucks for no difference against a Freesync version. Maybe try to aim at a Samsung QLED TV with Freesync support instead. :)

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    What a load of BS... maybe you can't tell the difference between medium and ultra, but then i reckon it's time you visit an optician... if you can't run ultra at your desired res (which should be 4k), then it's time to upgrade !

Maddness likes this.
  14. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Why should i buy Freesync if i use nVIDIA? If AMD makes good GPUs again it's another story but none of us can see the future so yeah :)

15. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    Will you need a bra to connect a pair of them?:D

Clawedge likes this.

16. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    What? Gamescom is much bigger than E3, know your facts.

17. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Well YOU need to know YOUR facts. E-3 had 2.9 MILLION visitors via online, plus 50 thousand on site visitors. So "technically" Gamescon only had 350 thousand visitors in 2017. So E-3 actually exposed their products to more people. And please be nicer to your fellow forum mates, thank you.

oxidized likes this.
  18. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    So I think Nvidia is going to have to let the cat out of the bag sooner than August 28th at Gamescon. The secret "ship" is already bulging at the seams and some board recipient companies have started some "leaks". To keep this from being a dud of an announcement I can see NVIDIA doing a preemptive strike and release a teaser video over the July 4th week and announce an "announcement date". This will make everyone sit up and pay attention and start a more positive buzz. I am still going with a July 30th announcement of the GTX 1180 TURING Founders Edition release date. I have no clue what the release date is. And the caveat here is the pricing. I am going with $1199 u.s. for the base model and $1499 for the higer ram version. If this turns out to be the case I will be an AMD convert and await their next offering. Hope I am way off base here for pricing.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    $1199 for GT104? Aint gonna happen. Not even for the GT102 after that. Unless they want to seriously curtail their sales numbers. And with the mining craze over, nothing there to support that sort of pricing.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    He once saw that at tweaktown and now he's taking it for granted lol