Discontinued (check OP link for future drivers) - Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cryohellinc, Jun 5, 2018.

1. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    endbase suggested in my opinion best solution, just make clean driver install, and install Experience separately.

Just tested it, everything works fine.

endbase likes this.
  3. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    This "bloat" does what?

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Unnecessary services / data collection services / GFE trash e.t.c.

5. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    Why is nvidia so determined to get a hold of consumer data? I read they are collecting data, like other companies. But its weird when its a gpu maker that make it clean. My impression, its a bit overcomplitated to delete and make the driver clear. I didnt know how to do it before post show it here, got same error. Guessing im not the only one have just installed normally because of that. I can see they can do allot with user data, depends what they collect. Doenyone know, why do they add code to try to prevent me to delete files i dont want or need.. There is something i dont like with this, its a bit shady. Is there dome technical reason it is like this, or do they just that hungy for data?

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    They are not trying to get a hold of customer data. It's purely logging things that are important to fixing bugs, like driver crashes, or app compatibility issues and so on.

They are not collecting your browser data or logging the keys to your debit card like many of you think they are.

yasamoka and cryohellinc like this.
  7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    sneipen
    What Agent-A01 said.
    What error are you talking about? If you followed step by step guide, it should work well.

8. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    Ok. Was talking about before i read this thread. As i say, didnt know how to do it before i see the post here.

Forgot to add, its just something i read some time ago. Wasnt sure if this was true. Why did some people react if its just technical data? Why make it difficult to remove these files? People arent paranoid just for asking a question regarding this. Never read people saying they are collecting card info, etc. Thats a bit extreme, its not like microsoft is taking my card info. They are collecting data tho, so does facebook and google, nsa ;-) and not to forget google. So its not impossible nvidia has found a way, i wouldnt be suprised if they do.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  9. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    Awesome that fixed the problem. Thanks!

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    GeForce Experience is very handy for overlay recording notifications and game recording highlights. As well as saving the last 15 minutes of a round.

11. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Too bad it's garbage.

12. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    For you, however, for me and many others, its trash that just takes space/runs services/and in some cases causes slight fps drops.

Nonetheless, I fully understand your point why it is useful in some cases, check the first post, there is instruction on how to install GFE on top of the clean driver.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Shataan likes this.
  13. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Thanks. I was looking for a guide to "clean" the new nvidia driver format and here you made it. Thanks again

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I was about to try these but I noticed that after using DDU and restarting the computer, Win10 automatically installs 388.13 and it must be due to the Spring Update cause I haven't had this problem before. Any suggestions? I did it once a long time ago but have forgotten since.

15. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    It has to do with the latest DDU which has stopped blocking the automatic function of windows driver updates and Windows download drivers from windows update. After DDU disconnect your network access and install your driver as usual, restart your system and then reconnect it again and you will be fine or use an older version of DDU. I assume you have disabled the automatic function of windows & driver updates from registry also.

Netherwind and cryohellinc like this.

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    As Dj_ALeX said above, it has to do with new DDU. Prior to using DDU, disable internet, clean, install new driver and then re-enable it.

17. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Thanks for your taf and sharing

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks guys, sometimes the answer is really simple, I don't know why I didn't think about that. I was impatient and installed the unclean driver since I just wanted it done.

Regarding Alex question, I know I did this reg fix before Spring Update but idk if it was reset with the update? Anyway, I'll do a clean install of Win10 soon so it would be good to know how to do that.

19. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Potentially it can during 1803 update.
    Hence why I still sit at Win 10 LTSB. Fed up with major updates messing all of my settings.

20. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I couldn't even thank you enough. From now on, I'll be always waiting for your package. Hope you won't lose interest.

Thank you in advance - Nick