Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass - Gameplay Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Some people love these shooters, others not. If nothing else, this pre-alpha gameplay footage from Serious Sam4: Planet Badass looks great for the stage it is in. And of course, you get to drive a com...

Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass - Gameplay Video

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Looking forward for more on this.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    With mindless shooter games, I am more of Painkiller guy. There I had much more fun.

4. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The lighting looks good in this, quite realistic, but everything else not so much. Might just be because pre-alpha though, or maybe the Youtube capture video quality is not good.

5. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Ha its like nostalgia wrapped in modern graphics. Not bad :)

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I'm really looking forward to playing Serious Sam 4 cooperatively with friends. We've always had a jolly good time doing so in the predecessors.

7. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    So basically Strafe everything and win :D

Looks beautiful, but gameplay looks extremely bland. Could have some great potential on this one when it finally gets released.

8. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Guest

GPU:
    Vega64
    Hmmm, as much as a FAN I AM :)P ) this doesn't excite me at all. I see little to no difference to SS3 apart from the vehicles and for god's sake stop with the same enemies in different versions over and over again. I hope these are just place holders and they can come up with some unique and original ones ...

9. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Strafe rocket jump chamge to railgun shoot the enemy guy of the sky keep jumping and strafing....well 19/20 times something was not going well but darn when it was a succes.. you where feeling like aa god! Jesus that was 15 years ago for me i do not thonk my reflexes are honed for such game anymore [​IMG]

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm sure they'll fix a ton of things before release. I'm positive that the weapon models are placeholders. "Open world" Serious Sam? I'm looking forward to this.

Strafing works with a few enemies, yes....but when you're swarmed then you're finished :D

Robbo9999 likes this.

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    wish it was a better vid but the ball is rolling for ss4 which is a good thing.
    co op will be fun I am sure
    usually after playing ss for a bit I feel like a meth head all spun out ,bones and guts flying all over the place

12. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I reckon if you practice you never lose it, I'm over 4 decades old and I'm more than competitive in online shooters, and I think I've gotten better as time has gone on - just practice more and you won't lose it - keeps the mind sharp I reckon!

Venix likes this.
  13. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    “Just shoot it”

Yeah, go Serious Sam !

14. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I am 31 but last time i played like that was with ut 2003 and 3 years back when i smoked my friends on a lan arena we went to remember our teen days :p i kind of quit shooters with the cods and batlefields not doing it for me :p but i really had a nostalgia hit hearing about serius sam 4

Robbo9999 likes this.
  15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Graphics are ok-ish, but, the actual gameplay looks like they ran out of ideas. Need to see more, but, unlikely purchase atm.

16. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Hell yeah! I'm down with some more Serious Sam mindless fragging, I hate those $%£& Kleers with a passion!:mad: Looking forward to fragging them in this iteration.:D

FranciscoCL likes this.
  17. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I liked the 3rd game, although some of the close to pitch black levels were a real pain to navigate. Still, bring it on. (the footage is clearly not from anything that is close to be finished)

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The old rinsed and repeated formula is becoming stale. Wish they would try something different for once. Hundreds of zero AI enemies rushing you each and every time is not my idea of fun, especially if applied to the entire game from start to finish. Dont game devs ever wonder about the effect of monotony on players?

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Playing with a controller *facepalm*

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It's pre-alpha people