Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Jack Frags is an EA shill, whatever they release, he is going to tell you it's great, the best, fantastic idea etc.

I'm not a fan of any of these 'salesman' youtubers.

2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

Sorry but so much BS in this post, People are getting fed up of casual run and gun games and that includes console players games like cod have been losing sales and players for past few years now and games like squad,insurgency, post scriptum and other more "hardcore" games are getting much bigger.

Also battlefield didn't use to be so casual a lot of us have been wanting stuff from BF2 for quite some time even basic stuff like vehicles having to resupply (which they had to in bf2) and people not spawning with rambo amounts of ammo.

Also these things will also bring back balance to the vehicles and infantry forcing people not to just sit on a hill spamming tank shots at everything also snipers will have to... MOVE to get ammo from either the people they kill or from resupply spots.

I don't even think these changes are "hardcore" not having a huge dorito on your head 99% of the time is not hardcore it's just pushing battlefield back into the team based shooter it used to be.

0blivious likes this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The fact that you don't agree with me, doesn't make what i said bs. Fact is that the vast majority of gamers are casual gamers. Ea will not appeal to casual players with these changes to normal mode. I think everyone would be fine with ea making these changes, if they only applied to hardcore mode... then the tryhards could be even more tryhards...

BangTail likes this.
  4. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    You can move bodies now and the revive animation is a little bit longer....ok. This looks like a BF1 reskin. I'll probably pass as I did not really like BF1.

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

You think hardcore is for try hards?

I play HC on BF because its easier, No stupid floating icon over my head and weapons feel like they work properly.

The snipers not being a 1 hit kill on vanilla servers is a joke, Hit a guy once and it take so long to chamber that hes run off and is now healing like Wolverine.

A vast majority of gamers a not " casual gamers " Predominantly fps games now are heading more and more into a skill based direction, more lethality and a higher skill ceiling.

For the Folks talking about Jack, He's alright. Working with EA and Dice got him to where he is, He is well known for his BF videos. He does what works for his audience content wise. And with Dice paying to fly you about ,while he's in the middle of moving, for exposure you can see why he comes off a bit " salesmen ". He'll call them out on issues, Sure. But thats when the game is out, Right now he's just got hours of footage from E3 and the event last month.

BangTail likes this.
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Ah ofc you love HC as a sniper camper... you can hide forever, and one shot everyone... that's PRECISLY why i don't like HC, and why i want 3d spotting to remain in normal mode, aswell as healing - otherwise campers with snipers ruin it (campers in generel).

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I agree with that, if they would limit the sniper class it would be ok but in so many cases you just get two teams full of wannabe Zaytsevs picking each other off and making it impossible for the non sniper classes to enjoy the game.

I also agree with Party Poison about the damage model. One of the major reasons I get frustrated with BF is shooting people multiple times only to have them run off, heal and kill me.

I don't understand where the 'skill' is there.

It is so counter intuitive to how warfare actually is and while it is only a game, it is claiming to be a representation of warfare on this planet.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  8. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Not at all, I hardly play sniper, I play engineer or medic. We have custom servers to play on with sniper limits, Its too boring for me.

I much prefer rush modes and taking the sites. I dont mind using the DMR weapons, But the 1000 meter sniping from the map border just pisses me off.

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Just about all of my friends and I would highly prefer a much more "hardcore" version. In my opinion BF1 went heavy towards assisting casuals and making the game feel more random and less skill based.
    Even if they just removed the 3D spotting and lowered TTK I would be happy. They can sort the sniper issue around that, as hard as I imagine that would be. Just don't limit the amount of classes that can be on the map and find another way to keep everyone from sniping.

I rarely snipe btw. I am completely for increasing weapon damage even if they don't touch snipers at all. I tend to find ways to avoid sniper fire by playing smart and not relying on the hope that they aren't good at headshots.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    See, the problem with your solution for Snipers is, yet again, it is not representative of combat in that period (or now for that matter).

If you don't limit snipers then you get way too many of them, there is no getting around it without limiting them.

There shouldn't be 26 Snipers on a 32 man team … EVER and if EA want to make a game like that, with women in frontline combat and everyone a Sniper, make it and hell, I'll even buy it if it's good but don't base it on WW2 (or any other historical time period).

I know a lot of people want to play as a Sniper but that doesn't mean everyone should get what they want.

I really don't understand why people are so against class limits, I tend to think it is ultimately all about entitlement but I don't want to point the dirty end of the stick at anyone so I'll leave it there.

As far as TTK goes, I couldn't agree more, especially in a time period where the 'body armor' excuse cannot be used to justify the crumby damage model.

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    The limited ammo and the fact they will never regen to full health should help the sniper problem without punishing aggressive snipers, I'm all for class limits though. I like how rising storm/ red orchestra does it personally.

Party Poison and BangTail like this.
  12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I was actually going to mention that about Rising Storm Vietnam, it just makes the game so much better imho.

On a related note, I thought this was a pretty good analysis of BF V to this point:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Kolt and Party Poison like this.
  13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I never liked locked out classes because it only means that the few times I may actually want to snipe I probably won't be able to. You know those slots will fill up immediately and it would just be like everyone spamming for the Behemoths. Going into a game while it's already in progress = good luck trying to be a sniper. It's no big game changer for me personally, but I can see it annoying a lot of people who don't play everyday and when they do they probably don't want to be locked out of playing the class they prefer. I'm no developer and I certainly don't work for EA, so I leave it up to them to sort out how to fix this mess. I just think making it so that players won't be able to play the style they want at all is crappy. A better solution in my opinion would be to make it more challenging to snipe and require snipers to have to stick to the team for ammo (like it sounds like they are doing), but even that isn't perfect. Make snipers HAVE to push and stick with the other players to survive and be able to do anything for too long and make sniping actually require a little more challenge (BF1 sniping is suuuuuper easy).

BangTail likes this.
  14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah again, that's a problem for me as Snipers do not push or 'stick with the team' , that is sort of the point of the Sniper - a Marksman maybe, but not a dedicated Sniper.

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying but I still think that the Sniper class should be limited, because as much as I understand that a lot of people want to play a Sniper, it just doesn't make for a conducive experience when you are talking about that many players.

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    That's kind of what I'm saying though.. if Dice somehow made it so that snipers had to stick with the team or push in order to even have ammo or get points, then it might be a little different. Right now snipers in BF1 can top the charts and get 4.0+kdrs just by lone wolfing in the back with a sniper rifle. Also sniping is just too simple. If sniping took a bit more of a challenge you probably wouldn't have so many snipers. I don't necessarily want them to add wind to be a factor or anything, but I do remember sniping being at least a little more challenging in BF4/3.

All that said though, I'm not completely against what you are saying and if the above can't be sorted the next best thing would be to limit snipers. I just think limiting snipers is a band-aid solution that can be done better with some other game play mechanic, but I can't back that up with a real feasible solution myself so I can't really argue against you that much. Let's just hope Dice can figure out the problem.

BangTail likes this.

16. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, it's a difficult balance issue and one that is going to leave some people happy and others annoyed regardless of the outcome.

We'll see what they come up with :)

Kolt likes this.
  17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Give the Project Reality team the code and let them come up with something we might want to play. What they've managed to do with the BF2 engine is remarkable.

Shataan and BangTail like this.
  18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, those guys rock.

I'm really liking Post Scriptum as well, much larger focus on realism and squad play.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    See you to tomorrow :3