Battlefield V Returns Towards World War II theme - no premium passes or DLCs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 24, 2018.

1. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Unrealistic ? Sounds like a Saturday night to me.

sverek likes this.
  2. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    id be fine with all those things being modified or just going away, but lets presume that they dont. the first four examples are framed within the clearly-defined criteria of established historical events. they dont modify the context of the situation or the events themselves, but instead take creative liberties with the details contained within that context. stupid, pointless creative liberties that dont add anything (where are they storing all that ammo? pocket dimension?), but make gameplay more exciting in some way...according to some thinktank i guess

then you have the fifth example, which alters the framework itself. it fundamentally changes the setting from a bombastic portrayal of real events (with fanciful elements)...into a bombastic portrayal of, uh, someones fantasy world that never existed with WWII themed objects littered about.

Solfaur likes this.
  3. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Just so we're clear. I think you're trying to say that no women and or people with prosthetics fought in WW2 and that the notion of a woman and/or somebody with a prosthetic fighting in WW2 is a fantasy. Correct?

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    It's a video game right, you do understand that, is or was anyone ever buying a BF game to experience a truly historically accurate representation of warfare? It could have monkies in jump suits for all I care what counts is gameplay and well it's a Bf game so we know that will be cr*p so what does it matter?

5. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I like monkeys in jump suits! :p

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    im asserting that its absurd to tweet repeatedly about cherishing historical accuracy while depicting a one-armed woman shouldering & firing a weapon & swinging a bat hard enough to kill a man, who is fighting alongside a celtic-warpainted ~cool black guy™~ with a procreating katana on his back, who are affiliated with the british army, & everyone everywhere is completely out of regs because lol video gaems.

we have diverged into someones michael bay fantasy land with WWII serving as window dressing.. instead of being the foundation of the very real events own reproduction.

ive said before i dont want a dry simulation. id simply like an authentic, honest depiction of a very clearly crystallized setting & the extremely simple historical framework that entails

Solfaur likes this.
  7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    All what you said is already been done. As stated below:

I gonna add the fact that men in BF1 are really well dressed, young and handsome. In real war, they were ill, poorly treated and were in crap cause of trenches.
    But everybody OK with that? I mean, HELLO? This is war, not handsome dressing contest.

Man being well presented, strong, always running fast, can freely use any weapon and any vehicle = TOTALLY OK.
    Women being well presented = UNACCEPTABLE.

Women in WW1 = OK, Women in WW2 = BAD?
    I mean there more veteran women in WW2, that for sure.

The hell wrong with you people. At least be mad about abstract trailer that doesn't reveal game, rather than being butthurt about women.

Well, there are customization which is up to player. Or you expecting "REAL HISTORY, immerse and accurate" battlefield in multiplayer.... with kids teabagging you!?
    Go straight to single player, I am pretty sure it's free of skins and shenanigans.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    yasamoka likes this.
  8. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    We just need to find a traffic cone!

How about this as a compromise then?

Would you be happy if women were allowed in the game but they had like, half the health of men and weren't able to carry weapons like bats? Only men can carry the bats.

And they can have black people but they aren't allowed to carry katanas. Only the white characters can carry the katanas or have war paint/camouflage.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I think that only realism BF actually needs is true semi-hardcore mode. Revival possible only on players who were not shot through important organs. Since lady has no arm, they are not far from allowing arms to be blown away in SoF style by heavy caliber guns or explosives.
    Fatigue making it hard for player to move. Standing up immediately after crouching or crawling takes quite more time and requires stamina too.
    Adrenalin boosts from being shot at or explosion being near.

Exhaustion + explosions near by, or having too many dead bodies close to character in view leads to shock (decreased ability to hear + high pitch noise + change in view angle + blurry edges of screen + ... ) .

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The issue with all that though is it ruins the gameplay, it introduces to many potentially random aspects that can be implemented because of reasons and for most players it's just not the kind of thing they are looking to deal with in what is a run and gun FPS. I mean just look at the amount of issues they had with bullet spread and that's just a single similar mechanic to the ones you are describing.

Fox2232 likes this.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Bullet spread implementations mostly sux. And it is quite easy to do it properly. Which makes it even more tragic.

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Good suggestions, also rather than throwing ammo pouches/health packs female support/medic characters could throw sandwiches instead.

13. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Real funny man, I'm roaring over here. /s