Colorful showcased Onebot All-in-One PC with 49" 3840x1080 Ultra-Wide Screen

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    HOLEY CRAP!

3. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Beyond the why, or who would want this.... Why is the CPU so god damn weak, an i3? that makes this almost useless... films don't support this, games wont run well, and other production specially anything requiring cpu power just wouldn't work...hopefully thats just the base model and you can change the specs, or this is just a useless screen

Robbo9999 and schmidtbag like this.
  4. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    Small question, you are in place of Colorful and you are configuring the spec of this product, you have 2 options for base model with Intel i3 8100 or AMD 2200G/2400G, at the End you choose I3 8100 without dedicated GPU- WHY? ($$$???)

Solfaur likes this.

5. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    Seems this would be designed to vastly simplify a dual monitor setup and since a lot of people that would require 2 monitors are doing actual work, the underlying processing power is pathetically weak.

I am also not sure about flat glass in a setup like this. How often do you see dual monitor setups that are not at a slight "V"? I have a multi-monitor setup and I "V" the screens for better viewing.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Because same person did 2nd bad decision and had that screen flat. With those dimensions, it should have been curved, even if just a little to compensate for spacial distance and to do little perspective correction.

alanm and Solfaur like this.
  7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I really don't understand this stupid fad of making ultra-wide displays (particularly ones that aren't curved). Of all the common display ratios, 16:10 was objectively the best, and yet its on a decline.

Solfaur likes this.
  9. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I get nervous at things that are too wide, like this monitor, or your moms legs. Still i find there must be a market for this, professional stuff perhaps. Still looks ridiculous though.

10. toffty

toffty Member

GPU:
    AMD 290
    I do agree that 16:10 is the better ratio when compared to 16:9 but I have to say now that i have a an ultrawide 3440x1440 it's going to be hard for me to go back to even 16:10.

For me it's all about the pixel count at this point. 1080 is too few. 1440 allows enough space for what i need

The wide monitor also play to our eyes' strengths. For perspective see this great video on VVS

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I can definitely understand that. I don't agree, but I can see why you'd think that, and I respect your opinion.
    The human vision field of view is approximately 3:2, which comes out to be very close to 16:10. In other words, displays wider than 3:2 or 16:10 do not play to the strength of our eyes. For the most part though, I don't really have a problem with 16:9. In many cases, getting your display to be just the right elevation is difficult (meanwhile, horizontal adjustment tends to be a non-issue) so having a slightly wider display tends to work out well. But for me personally, I find single displays wider than 16:9 to be disadvantageous.
    Pretty funny video - I know some people who need to see this...

12. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    That hardware combination is like the illegitimate progeny of an Argonian and Khajiit.... sure you can physically do it, but you just have ask... why would you want to?

Solfaur likes this.
  13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    No one produced content for it so I can see why it's on decline.

At least ultra wide benefits with cinema aspect ratio movies.

Back to this product though, as in the picture, it's made for offices. If I could have this i'd be over the moon, I often need multiple documents open at the same time side by side

14. dragonlord

dragonlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    And it's flat because graphics professionals can't work with curved screens.

Straight lines are really friggin' important! :)

15. The Enforcer

The Enforcer Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    No thanks, this ultra ultra wide never appealed me. Give me the regular ultra wide and I'm ok but not this mutant.

16. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    And so is a system with actual processing and graphical performance. This is a mutant with a screen mismatched to its hardware.

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well there are a few 1950s anamorphic cinemascope movies that will now look great on that screen. lol

18. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    My Condolences to the people that will buy this.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Does have nothing in common with the viewfield of a display though, unless you got one that comes in real life size or sit really close up.

20. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    If you've got a 49" display, you're going to have to sit farther back for an ultrawide to be within your field of view, than if you got a 16:9 or 16:10. To me, it makes more sense to sit as close as you can while being able to see your entire display without rotating your head (that is, assuming you actually need to, in which case I'd rather just have 2+ separate displays).