Noctua Showcased New Products at Computex 2018 (overview)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That 1st one with full metallic core... It is no longer fan, it is work of art.

jura11, Noisiv and cryohellinc like this.
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    A fantastic innovative company, that doesn't try to go the "easy route" with RGB junk. Bravo.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Indeed... and by own experience I can say they're customer friendly, getting any mounting kits for older sockets (like 1366 for instance) was not an issue here, sent without cost for me.

jura11, Noisiv and cryohellinc like this.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I am not even sure if I would characterize them as innovative. I think it's more like: quality 1st, and lets build products we can be proud of.

jura11, fantaskarsef and Fox2232 like this.
  6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    They continuously improve and develop their concepts. Instead of Shrinking down a model, they develop separate models for each size. I call that an innovative approach, with Quality in mind of course.

fantaskarsef and Noisiv like this.
  7. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    Saw a video from Computex showing the new NH-U12 cooling as effectively as the currently available NH-D15. Unlike the NH-D15, it takes up a lot less space in a case and won't interfere with most RAM or video card setups plus it's around 1cm shorter. And yes... I am considering switching to the new version of the NH-U12 that was at the show.

8. storm83

storm83 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 660 ti
    that cable in the picture with the supposed 5v fans is going to make spacebuket building a whole lot easier for non-tech-savvy builders!

they're finally ready to ship the new fan that has the rediculously tight gap between the fanblades and the frame - it moves a lot more air than their older fans - that + whatever small fix they did to the fin arrays on their coolers is set to make quite the fuzz in the industry

ubercake likes this.
  9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I can´t wait for Hilbert to review those beauties! Specially the new NH-12 to see if it´s as good as they say.

10. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    Noctua is among my favorite companies I've ever dealt with. Every inquiry e-mail message I've ever sent them is answered within a day or two. I've never had to contact them for a support issue. That's saying something.
    I would replace every fan in my case with a Noctua if their 200mm fit in the Phantom 630's 200mm front mount (but it doesn't). Every other fan in my case is a Noctua.

I can't wait to get the desk fan. I'll be the envy of the office!

fantaskarsef and Noisiv like this.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I am sooo getting that desk fan.

Noisiv likes this.
  12. storm83

storm83 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 660 ti
    yeah, me too. almost 10 years old now, still going strong!

regarding the deskfan, if the make a beige fanshroud i would buy one, but that white abomination - just nope...

13. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Ive been using PC fans modded to be a desk fan for years. My current fan is a Sunon Maglev 120x38 2400rpm PWM fan controlled by a Noctua NA-FC1 PWM controller. Dialed down its very quiet and puts out a ton of air. Would be sweet if Noctua sold that fan shroud separately. Would be fun to test it out with some 38mm thick fans.