E3 2018: Cyberpunk 2077 official trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 11, 2018.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Honestly, I'd rather have it a year earlier with a good PC version than a year later for PS5 launch.

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    This is not a possible choice: A "good PC version" is tied to a better performing console model.

They are not going to make a PC version that looks better than console version so the question is:

Do you prefer the PC version limited to ps4/Xbox one (launch versions) performance or PS5 one...? :rolleyes:

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I seriously doubt that in the case of CDPR wanting to release on every console, it helps if the PS5 is around or not...they will still release it to be run on yes, PS4 and XB1.

We all know that PC versions are cut down to match console "performance", I'd rather talk about getting rid of such rubbish in the first place instead of hoping for a better console. I want a fully fledged PC version with settings that no console can run. The whole problem is just locking those two together, not if they release a newer potato.

Singleton99 likes this.
  4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is not as much DeusEx as GitS. If there was battle between DeusEx and GitS, DeusEx would eat dirt. And this looks like CuttingEdgeTech from DeusEx available to mere street people. Everyone Cybernetized is GitS theme. (And kind of Altered Carbon idea.) :D

But I have to agree, I am on board since 1st trailer. Well, maybe from first few seconds of it.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I must agree :( but let me dream about a possible true console seller title.

If Cyberpunk 2077 is launched at PS5 release date a console "exclusive" deal (PS5 and PC) could be a major Sony and PC gamers win-win situation.

A Steam version over a Windows 10 store one will be just a good side effect.

:p

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    They stated numerous times it will look like that on PC, if they downgrade then they can fck themselves.

If no downgrade happens I dare to say 1080ti will be a must for i.e. 60fps at 1080p.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    And if the game still doesn't hold up 3 years down the line I can find the legit gripe in that comment but the thing is 3 years down the line the Witcher 3 does hold up and I am sure someone will go in to fine and minute detail about how and what they downgraded in the PC version but here I am having just completed the game again everything maxed on a 980 and at no point did I ever look at the game and go wow this looks crap. Of course it also helps that the game, world and characters draw you in

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Can you also max out TW2 (including Uber mode) with the same GPU, a 2011 game?

If you can Max out Cyberpunk 2077 when launched with the same GPU that will not be a good sign...

9. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i meant the aesthetic rather than their capabilities :p but if you want to get down to it, im not so sure that gunther hermann (not to mention a fully nano-augmented individual) couldnt hold his own vs a GitS cybernetic such as major or batou

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Why? Oh I get that the PC Master race has to feel like their spend is justified so they love it when a game includes some eye bleeding cutting edge graphical effects that are beyond the power of the wooden console scrubs and hey if it only runs at 20FPS then who cares at least it looks like nothing I've ever seen before and they haven't toned it down to appeal to the console peasants. What's wrong with having a game like the Witcher 3 that looks bloody good and runs bloody well and doesn't require a nuclear powered monster that has a GPU made from the heart of a dying star?

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's the thing. Gunther and Batou are augmented with pretty much close to top of what those universes can do. Which is extremely rare in DeusEx and more common in GitS.
    But in Cyberpunk, you see thugs with similar level of defensive augmentation (1:16). I meant it as comparison of universes, not as 1 vs. 1. (But even then I think that Gunther is quite slow tank.)
    Actually, sammarbella missed one important thing. Environment.
    Rendering demands on city environment are much smaller than those of natural environment. That includes LoD, AA, shadows, lighting and culling. So I would not be surprised if CP2077 looked better than TW3 and run better.

12. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    laughing man, i think he just means that if CDPR is aiming low hardware-wise, they wont bother to add higher quality scaled LoD meshes, properly tessellate character models, implement relief/parallax occlusion mapping, include near-uncompressed texture work for "ultra" setting, etc etc etc. things that consoles realistically cant handle. theres nothing wrong with aiming high. gpus get faster, consoles stay the same - only optimization techniques evolve

i see, ehhhhh thats true considering the entire point of the DX plotline was highlighting disparity between rich & poor :)