E3 2018: Cyberpunk 2077 official trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    CD Projekt RED has released the official E3 2018 trailer for Cyberpunk 2077. Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the futureĀ  Night...

E3 2018: Cyberpunk 2077 official trailer

-Tj- and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    uh... watching this one closely.
    nvm that the actress they used for the original trailer is a milf by now :p
    sht man... original trailer was more Bladerunner than the Bladerunner itself

Fox2232 and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    Error
    This story does not exist
    !!

-Tj- likes this.
  4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Any fix?

I'm really curious how it looks like :)

Ok nvm, saw it at main homepage news. Lookin good!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    norton likes this.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Original trailer looked like 101% Blade Runner. This one is 120% GitS.
    While I would prefer BR-like universe game, more technologically evolved universe of GitS-like is good for me too.
    But I think that in the end it will all stand or fall on story and how dark it will be.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The original trailer definitely had a darker tone - not only in the visuals but the narration as well. From what I read though the universe it's based on is more glam rock 80's punk style so I guess this is actually more like the source material than the original. It also probably will appeal to more people. Hopefully night time will give the blade runner-esque visuals people are looking for.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    what's with this blade runner meme

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Let's try to just tone down gamma to get it more like we want :D

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    accidental double post sry...

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, I think this was intentional, especially the daylight setting, to show the world in a different way. Remember, this will be a massive GTA V meets Witcher 3 meets Blade Runner. You can bet that this will be a bitch to run already, but I have complete faith in CDProjekt RED that they will deliver and it will be worth it.

We'll have to wait quite a bit though, so we will see way more improvements/changes/details (and night time will likely look amazing). But again... it will be a while, I expect a late 2019 release the earliest.

11. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    deus ex character designs in modernized blade runner world doused in 80s paintjob with CDPR writing/scale? count me in.

also, cmon, nobody going to comment on the knight rider car??

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Looks phenomenal to me. Hope the controls are a little more accessible (I have only played TW2 and found the learning curve at the start of the game to be quite steep).

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I hate trailers with no gameplay, so lame!!!

Also the trailer makes the game look like a futuristic GTA instead of a RPG...

14. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    I know what you mean but once it clicked I found it to be the best of all 3 games control wise. Challenging but it has real depth.
    TW3 dumbed it down a bit.
    For the record I can't stand playing the likes of assassins creed or the arkham series as I am bored to death within seconds.

Loophole35 likes this.
  15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    My gripe is they threw it at you all at once and the controls were very spread out. An item wheel and trap wheel would be nice (would also give you a quick way to "pause" gameplay to gather yourself and asses the situation), or introduce gameplay mechanics a little at a time not in just one quick tutorial fight in the beginning.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Because CDProjekt RED game performance is limited/tied to console weakness since TW3 i hope Cyberpunk 2077 will be a PS5 launch title to get a proper non downgraded PC version.

But if this speculation is right, we are probably getting yet another downgraded on purpose PC version:

"The Cyberpunk 2077 release date hasn't been announced but could be June 2019

While we got a good look at the game, the Cyberpunk 2077 release date has yet to be announced. However, a previous investor call seemed to suggest a release date before June 2019. If that the case then there's just one tense, impatient year to wait. In a Cyberpunk 2077 hidden trailer message CD Projekt Red say it'll only release the game "when it's ready", citing "quality" as the only thing that matters.
    "

https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-release-date-trailer-gameplay-new/

PS5 probably won't arrive before Nov 2019.Summer is not a usual consoles launch season.

Then it will be a multi console gen game (PS4/5, Xbox One/2) and it'll be limited by current gen consoles performance.(and within them by weaker versions: non pro and non X...)

I prefer a latter release than a console "fair" game...

17. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    It'll definitely be a PC game--don't care what they do for consoles. Still, looks like it's trying for GTA 2077, or something. I sincerely hope not--hope it has a worthwhile story!

-Tj- likes this.
  18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe after you mentioned it I looked closer, you are right about that one :D

__hollywood|meo likes this.
  19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    well to me it's a blend of that with That Road Warrior are (the 1st Road Warrior Movie)

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    As PC gamer we should care and pray it will be a PS5 launch game.

Until TW3 CDProjekt RED games were focused on PC and they delivered the best on PC but after TW2 release his performance gap between PC and consoles versions was so HUGE it made consoles version look complete crap.
    They "fixed" it in TW3 and limited the PC version performance to increase sales on consoles.That's not a fairy tale:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

In layman's words: Consoles sells make game possible and limited performance on the PC version (AKA console "fairness") is simply a "side effect" to reach the sells.