Nvidia Geforce 398.11 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Jun 5, 2018.

1. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    I had the ocz m.2 in the middle slot and the 1070 in PCIEX_1 for the last 6 months without issue at x16 (I previously checked)
    I will try another 1070 gaming x tomorrow
    but for some odd reason ,I think it has something to do with this OS I"m running(win 10 Pro for workstations)
    but I'll find out tomorrow
    Thank you

2. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Not doubting you that it ran at 16x before, just saying it's highly unlikely (read: not likely at all) that it's the card. If it was running at 16x, then it's possible the m.2 was only running at 2x instead of 4x.

From page 36 of your manual:

It's been my experience that this stuff is a really big headache to get right and have all your devices running at the speeds they should. Your board should be easier, but you absolutely have to pay attention to where you place things and how many drives (not just m.2) you can have. These boards have lots of slots, but it turns out you can't really use them all.

3. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    Point taken,I'll check that out in the a.m.
    Thanks

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Don 't m2 ssd use chipset pcie lanes?

endbase likes this.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What mobo do you have?

I have 3x pcie16x slots, but the last one acts as 4x pcie 2.0 and its separate from cpu, so that would theoretically run at its native speed not affecting main two 16x pcie lanes.

Maybe move that nvme around a bit?

bigcid1 and eGGroLLiO like this.
  6. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    I usually remove that from the driver install but they copped that some of us remove stuff from the drvers and the driver fails if I try removing things

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    ould
    If you remove that or stop it's service "NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem" the NVCP won't work. and not much you can do if you removed from the installer.
    At least if you just disabled the service or set to manual you could revert it.
    I guess you could use Inspector for game profiles but other NV settings are unavailable.

8. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    Gigabyte x299 Aorus Gaming 7 (bios 9f)

-Tj- likes this.
  9. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    I Think the top one and the bottom on (the middle one uses the CPU)

10. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    I over from m.2(middle) to m.2 (top)
    and reverse as well

11. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    ok,end of story
    took my 1070,put it in the other PC and it ran at x16,so it's not a VC problem
    turns out to be a connection issue on my board. I cleaned the contacts and put it back in the original way
    I had it and it works at x16 now :mad::rolleyes:
    Thank you all for all the advice!

Passus, -Tj- and eGGroLLiO like this.
  12. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    I was running some 388 drivers and was getting some weird greenish neon screen in Vampyr, soon as i installed this new driver the problem went away. Sort of the same issue with COD WWII, i think that issue with COD WWII went away too. So far so good with these drivers.

13. Wissaner Santana

Wissaner Santana Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Sli
    Please help me, I am currently using the 398.11 driver, and this one presenting error when putting the full RGB image format in the control panel of nvidia applies the format but the image is strange, the driver 391.35 I can apply full RGB without problems, anyone know what I can do to apply full RGB in this driver version?

14. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Still seeing an ocassional app hang at shutdown/reboot with these and the 398.18 hot fix version. Something is not playing nice in this one...back to 385.69 for me! Better performance and no problems with those.

Edit: Still haven't gotten a good look at the error/hang screen, but I'm pretty sure I saw the text "DDE Server" in bold and some details under it I didn't have time to focus on. There were two sections/items like this on the same screen, no idea what the other one was.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  15. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    So far so good with these. First driver since 391.35 that dont give TDR's right after install, gonna keep testing this night.

16. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    I'm still on 391.35 lol... only playing BF1 though.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Just played quake champions today and it would either hard-freeze or Crash to desktop.

Regarding hard-freeze, I disabled my vrm spectrum current optimization and power current from auto to 130% and that stopped, but CTD remained..

Almost thought it's something with my gpu now, usually it always CTD when gpu hit 70-71c and dropped one boost multi..

But it turns out it was auto frames to render ahead issue, I changed to 2 instead of auto and I could play fine after that..

Dragondale13 likes this.
  18. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    When a gameready driver is released like this, supporting Vampyr, what it does? The optimizations are for the engine of the game? To avoid graphical glitches that could happen in more older drivers? Like hair and beards looking bad, white lines or white dots in some textures, etc? I remember amd legacy cards like HD 5000 and HD 6000 series having red lines glitches in BF1 sometimes. I roll back to 388.84 because this got one TDR opening World of Warcraft, was annoying, but now Vampyr seems to have some graphical glitches xD

19. What kind of glitches? The game looks like garbage, sure, but I haven't noticed anything too weird and I've played quite a bit of it.

20. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    The jaggies looks white, put txaa x6 and all look good without any white jaggies, strange, i was blaming the drivers but its the game itself xD