Nvidia GeForce 397.93 Game Ready Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 24, 2018.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I recently checked my gta5 settings and I saw i use fastsync with max 120fps limit, but fps usually moves between 80-120 and no stuttering or jitter.

Dying light on the other hand needs fixed fps or it can jitter, at least it did with early drivers when fastsync was still in the works, idk now.

Actually I never had stuttering with fast sync, only jitter which imo is far worse then stuttering.

2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I tried it when I had the 670 sli and yes I got stutter, so I've been using adaptive vsync + fps limit.
    Only a couple months now I've been using it..saw -Tj- mention it to someone and was like "yuh kno i've neva tried dat since gettin d 1070" and was immediately blown away...I've been underestimating my gpu this whole time.

Anyway 141fps limit + fast sync at 144hz, pre-render 3 is the sweetspot...however at 60fps limit, most of the cores remain at avg 65C vs 69C.
    Don't notice any stutter so far, if I were to go back to 397.64 I'm pretty sure they'll perform better though, this driver isn't perfect but it's not bad either.
    kind of the main reason for me revisiting my system oc 3930k 4.6ghz 1.41v 2400mhz ddr3 heats up the vrms to 56C - 60C playing WD2..at 60fps it holds perfectly, 4.5ghz does it but just not quite.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  3. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    i have a i7 5820k Non OC!
    And i will getting more fans this week
    i think i need a better airflow!

here is a pic of the airflow solution!
    but if you have any better ideas plz tell me!

the bottom Fan i don't really know if i use it like intake or outtake?
    And also the Cpu what direction should i let the fans blow --back case fan out<---air---Cpufan1--Radiator<---air---Cpufan2 or should i push the air Air---->Radiator<----Air

[​IMG]

4. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Elajitz I strongly suggest the bottom fan as intake (blow in)

Dragondale13 likes this.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Generally speaking positive air pressure inside a case is better than negative so it's a good idea to have more (or faster) instake than outtake fans.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yea, That top front exhaust would most likely be a bad idea given the other fans positioning.
    Having an exhaust there before CPU cooler (front to back) would be a good chance of bypassing the CPU cooler intake, leaving it to suffer from higher temps.
    I would start off with 2 front intakes and just back exhaust.
    Then try back top exhaust to see if it improves, if so see if front top helps but between more exhaust fans (negitive pressure) and issues at that spot I doubt it would be good.

7. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    okays so the top1th fan will blow in air instead and the other top one Out?? :p
    the back plate of a Msi gtx 1080 Ti Gaming x is hell of a hot! and it heats up my cpu like a MF
    or are the card faulty whit a such a heat up of the back plate?
    the CPU radiator is kind a eats up the heat from the GPU and my 5820k is running stock whit a temp 55/60 during heavy gaming!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  8. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    How dusty is your environment? Positive case pressure is good at keeping dust out of a case; however, it's less effective at pushing cooler air across your parts. If you're having heat issues, I would suggest trying negative and clean our your case more often.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Leave the top just vents and test system, run like prime95 with Heven or valley to get worst case combined heat.
    Then try the back top exhaust, my guess that will be best.

You don't want fans blowing in or out from all directions, you want smooth airflow one way.
    Try it an report back :)

PS: if you got 2 or more front intake fans with a direct shot towards back, you can also try to remove PCI slot cover right below your GPU, you be surprised how that small change can affect GPU temps on some systems (of course you need airflow for it to work).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  10. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    its not dusty Gpu & Cpu fan is brand new also most of the fans! i start to think my psu is dying and cant keep up whit the power!

@EdKiefer
    Okays! thx for the nfo! i will test things out! :)

11. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    How can that be? Air travelling in it's always going to get dusty. In my case I have 1 rear 120mm fan exhausting and 1 120mm intake to the PSU chamber and rarely suffer dust issues. While the two 120mm intake fans and 140mm fan on the roof remains off.

After a month there is hardly any dust build up as I scoot it over with a rocket blower. I've no idea how mine is staying clean, as it isn't something I'm always dusting except the exterior.

12. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Positive case pressure is going to push air out of the case everywhere it can; along the side panels, through the drive bays and rear mounts, etc. etc. Negative pressure sucks air into the case from everywhere it can.

13. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I've had cases like that (positive) in the past and it never kept the dust out. Only dust filters helped.

14. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    I think you're missing the point? The point of negative pressure is that it allows more cooler air into the case because it's always pulling the room's cooler air in whereas positive pressure is always trying to push the hotter internal case air out. The op says he has a heat issue and this is probably because he owns one of the hottest 1080ti's made and because the hyper 212 was, at best, a decent mid-range cooler ~ a decade ago. I suggested negative pressure because any drop in C can help if you're approaching the upper end of your comfort level.

Dust is a factor because negative pressure pulls air in from everywhere it can, so if you're in a dustier room (shag carpets/lots of fabric, etc etc), then you're more prone to dust, and for some this can be a concern. Some rooms are just really really dusty. With positive pressure you're not sucking in dust from every opening in the case. Never suggested it prevented dust, nor did I mean to imply it would. There is no case made though that I'm aware of that's immune to the effects of pos/neg pressure re: dust, save for a sealed unit. It's an unavoidable aspect of pushing air in and out of a confined space where the air on one side of the box or the other is seeking equilibrium.

15. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super

If two fans are anywhere near each other (like the top of the case) they must be blowing in the same direction or they will establish a recirculation loop between themselves. One thing to keep in mind is that the PSU and GPU fans will be involved as well. So, if for example, the PSU is drawing air in at the bottom and blowing it out the back you would not want to blow hot air out the bottom as it would feed the heat into the PSU.

16. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Hey and thx for all help from you people! i have now installed the fan in this way!
    i might me alter them due to temps!..

i bought a second Cooler master Hyper EVO 212 just for the fan!
    So i use two on my Radiator and i wounder if the fans should blow at the same direction or against each other?

Thx Elias

[​IMG]

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You never blow two HS fans against each other.

Secondly, hyper 212 fans are pretty basic, nothing special.
    Waste of money buying one just for its' fan.

18. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    I killed my 1080 in my laptop.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    This I understand. I was wondering if others report the same thing. ALso, did you install the desktop driver pack, or the notebook?

20. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    The 2 fans must always be oriented to the same side, which in this case is to the rear of the case.

If both fans are identical it is OK, but if they are not then make sure that the one that generates more air pressure is in pull position.

By the way, I had the Hyper 212 and it is an excellent heatsink: quiet, cheap and efficient.