Bethesda hints at new Fallout game

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 30, 2018.

1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The more I read about it, the more it's clear this is simply based off of Fallout lore, but it won't be a Fallout game at all. It might be good on it's own merits but this isn't typically my type of game these days.

I await the next Elder Scrolls...

CalculuS likes this.
  2. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    If it is the next fallout i hope its on a new engine or im honestly not interested.

Backstabak likes this.
  3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Because Bethesda didn't make the NV, which is frankly the best of the new fallout series. The latest FO4 was attrocious. It's pretty much more an arcady shooter than an RPG so I don't expect too much this time arround either. Especially after the CC, which intentionally breaks mods. And honestly, I can't imagine any of the Bethesda's FO or TES being fun without them.

4. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Not just a new engine but actual native support for all resolutions including 21:9 otherwise my interest will also die a death.

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    So basicly Fallout 5 with a diffrent name? You can put me down for this loved part 3 & 4.

6. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    This looks like it might be exactly what I've been hanging for... a Fallout FPS RPG online. Can't wait! :D:cool::cool:

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Doubtful. If they're going to use a new engine, that would probably be first used in TES 6 or Fallout 5. If this is a spin-off similar to Vegas, it's most probably just on an improved Fallout 4 engine (similar to Skyrim SE.)

(If it's an online game, then they're obviously using a completely different engine. Just line ESO. But of course that's not what we want here.)

From a business perspective though, I don't think they'll go for a new engine even in TES6/FO5. They'll probably continue to just modify their existing engine to add new graphical capabilities. Why invest in a new engine if the games are going to sell regardless. People always say "new engine next time or I'm out." They said that about Fallout 4. Then the same people spend 2000 hours in that game...

People will always buy these games, regardless of engine. Imagine TES 6 comes out, and it again uses just an upgraded version of the same engine. You know what? You're gonna buy it and play it to death, and you know it :)

Solfaur likes this.
  8. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Oh my this is going to be epic!!! I love the whole Falllout series. Definitely a preorder

9. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    That's what people thought, but as mentioned and shown in the trailer, it's Fallout 76

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    So it's gonna be like Conan Exiles without the windsock physics.

11. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Is 76 is how much it will cost in Dollars, Euros and Pounds of the amount of seconds it will take to realise it's just Failout 4 in disguise?

12. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Not exactly sure what this game is, but I'll probably end up getting it as I do enjoy Fallout and Skyrim. Looks to be set in Vault 76 25 years after the bombs dropped, so not a FO4 sequal since that takes place 200 years after the bombs dropping.

13. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I just hope Bethesda has learned to make a proper game. I've played Fallout 4 for almost a thousand hours but the number of bugs is outrageous for a AAA game (many of those hours were spent replaying large parts of the game due to random crashes or bugs).

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ughhh, tell me about it, I hope I can play it without having to use a mod just to be able to play it.

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yeah I actually won't. The engine is serviceable at best and whichever way you slice the last ES and FO game were boring. I completed Skyrim but unlike Oblivion completing the main quests lines and guild quest lines felt like a chore rather than an achievement and with FO4 doubling down on the randomly generated fetch / kill and return quests introduced in Skyrim and THEN including a feature that left the players to build settlements instead of having the guys who make the game make them, the result being I never completed FO4.

Then I played the Witcher 3 and saw what a game with a bloody well scripted quest set, amazing and interesting characters and a good story line, running on a rock solid game engine could do and frankly it just makes Bethesda's efforts look a bit silly. I mean the best of these games FONV wasn't even made by Bethesda, which frankly says a lot.

So unless Bethesda seriously step up their effort for the next game I certainly won't be buying it.