Bugbear's next car game.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, Feb 25, 2013.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/228380/announcements/detail/101678258387542316

3. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Huh? The delays have been ridiculous. I'll be happy as long as we do eventually get a game out of it though.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Next Car Game : Wreckfest Latest Updates and Hotfixes = Awsome !

After the latest 2 updates for this game July 7 , 2015 and July 15 , 2015 this game is alive now and very playable. They have made a lot of progress lately with weekly hotfixes. I am finding myself playing this game daily :D , is a lot of fun !

Next Car Game: Wreckfest

Hotfix 2015-07-15

Another update for Wreckfest is out, addressing a couple of critical multiplayer issues, improving as well as stabilizing performance on most systems and increasing the level of visual damage in addition to a few other improvements.

Please find the changelog here:
    Reduced micro-stuttering when no V-Sync is being used.
    Improved performance and framerate stability on most systems.
    Fixed non-working gameplay damage on the dedicated server.
    Server no longer crashes when the event ends while a client is in the pause menu.
    Visual damage is now more intense and panels get detached easier.
    AI now resets when its stuck on its side for prolonged periods.
    Improved vehicle materials.
    Tweaked camera shake.
    Thanks for your feedback!

Hotfix 2015-07-10

DAMAGE IS BACK ON TRACK!

We're happy to let you know that the latest hotfix for Wreckfest is now out, giving much needed love to our damage system and making it more brutal than ever before in both single player and multiplayer. The update also improves CPU performance and features a nifty workaround for those having issues running the x64 build. Needless to say, we've also put in a host of other minor fixes, details below.

Please find the changelog here:
    Improved visual damage precision and increased deform strength.
    Implemented multi-core physics optimizations and other performance improvements.
    Implemented a temporary x64 build workaround for certain GPUs.
    Re-enabled automatic controller detection.
    Fixed positive wheel steering sensitivity curve.
    NOTE! Positive steering sensitivity values now have a higher effect.
    Improved brakes and increased handbrake torque (again).
    Last Man Standing now ends if second to last car is eliminated by contact timer.
    Fixed replay mode's glitched 4x fast-forward.
    Implemented various spectator HUD fixes.
    Tentative fix for multiple copies of a player joining a lobby after a crash.
    Enabled wheel release for vehicle damage.
    Added dedicated limited slip differentials for each vehicle.
    Improved suspension setups of all vehicles.
    Tweaked gamepad controller slightly.
    Improved vehicle cameras.
    Fixed contact audio with various objects.
    Added new paint jobs for Euro Coupe 2 and American Muscle 3.
    Fixed missing surface collisions on Tarmac 1.
    Improved collision of sand mining equipment found on Sandpit 2.
    Vehicle props on Sandpit 1 no longer cause massive damage and move around.
    Improved default reference weather.

Thanks for your support and happy wrecking!

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Do not buy into the Early Access projects , kicksarter and Crowdfunding Scams !

* A note to be taken on Bugbear and how badly they have handle this pos game.*

I was very hyped when they announce this game on Early Access as i have been a fan of flatout 1 and 2 for the fun factor of those games. Game was fun in in the early development but ( here is the big BUT ) , They broke the game a long time ago in one of the few updates they did and never care enough to fix it :/ .

Bugbear failed to meet the kickstarter goal but went ahead and started development in 2012. Since then , the game became available on Steam Early Access program as a very early pre-alpha state and in bad shape. Over the years they managed to get a lot of people to buy into this game so indeed they made a lot of money on this game. The progress of this game has been very , i mean very slow to the point that as of today it is still in a very early pre-alpha state broken game and unfinished ( Unfinished tracks with blank canvas only , missing textures , many bugs , etc... you get the picture ). Devs stopped posting in the Wreckfest forum on Steam a long time ago and left the development of the game to the users completely as they promoted their tools to mod the game and make your own tracks and cars , so it's up to the gamers to mod and finish this game , but still the game and the game engine it's broken , unplayable. It seems the Devs have stopped working on this game a while ago and here is why apparently and allegedly:

They got a lot of money from early access and apparently instead of finishing wreckfest and release the final complete build , they ran away with the money and started another game , this time they shift completely and went for another platform , the XBox , the game is named Stuntfest :3eyes: build on the same engine of next car game wreckfest. It is like a short demo of wreckfest be to be released on the XBox console platform only , they say that this XBox game will be release in 2017 :wanker: .

Why on earth would a team of Devs in Bugbear would start working on a new project when they have not even finish the main project that has been paid for the customers already many many years ago :/. As it stands right now i do not even know if this game would ever be finished as Bugbear failed to meet the deadline for release date on this game and failed the customers big time with the almost non existence development and zero , nilch , nada support. My money is lost since i cannot ask for a refund because it was an early access game. Also there are no laws that cover the customers on this situations , so i cannot take legal action either. 5 years in development and they cannot finish an arcade game , common ? Good God !

Burn me once it's on me , i won't ever get burn again on this type of shady business practice , i now only buy final full release versions of any game so that if i don't like it or the game it's unfinished i can get my money back for sure. Beware of the gamble of Early Access Program , Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Shady business practice scams , you might end up loosing a lot of your hard earned cash $$$ ...

Lesson learned , my advice: Do not buy into the Early Access Projects , Kickstarter , Crowdfunding Scams

Rant mode off :infinity:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Right so I just saw they got funded by THQ Nordic back in June 2017 and are now continuing to improve and finally release the game soon.

December & January 2018 patch + hotfixes
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=228380

anxious_f0x likes this.
  7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I was just about to bump this thread. Been playing for a few days now and it no longer feels like an early access game. Even the racing is great, but the demolition derby is still what I love the most.

Edit: After playing more this is a very solid game now. Love the career mode, car mods/adjustments, and I would say the biggest improvement is the driving mechanics. Back when this was early access it was hard to stay on track especially when using a keyboard like I do. That's all been fixed and one of the great things I love about BugBear are their replays. It's nice to sit back and watch your carnage from a cinematic view.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just setup a dedicated server through Steam. 24 cars, demolition/racing, drive any car you want.

9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    -Tj- likes this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    chispy likes this.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks my good old firend :) , added !

-Tj- likes this.
  12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Awesome trailer! Love this game, been playing it since it was just a tech demo. I'm just about done with the career mode and it certainly feels like a finished game.

Edit: Aargh! just loaded the game up and all my progress is gone. Oh well, I'll gladly play it all again. I never get tired of vehicular carnage.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Copy your files from steam\userdata\profileid\228380\wreckfest early access to \wreckfest\ but you need to change some parts on your cars or else you get a message online "missing parts". Its only the new cosmetic stuff like shark on the hood which is added at your car and since it wasnt available before, you need to remove it.

They said its a whole wipe but yeah, you can get your old stuff back..

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Thanks for the advice, but I don't mind starting over especially now that it feels like a real game.

16. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Honestly thought this game was dead, last time I played they had just broke pretty much everything with a patch (graphics were horrible and the controls were terrible) but amazingly playing it today the game is pretty awesome and feels like a flatout game.

17. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Car behavior and track design is glorious, even for an arcade. Finnish at work.

18. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    What a piss poor cliché American trailer, i hope the game is more Finnish than this.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Kind of wish I picked this game up now when it was £24.99 pre-release. When I decided to buy it, I found it is now £38.99. None of the key seller sites are doing an decent discounts at the moment either and the JUNE25 25% discount from GreenManGaming has now expired. Typical!

MaCk0y likes this.