Star Citizen Made a $27,000 DLC Bundle Exclusively for the $1,000+ Concierge Community

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 29, 2018.

1. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    ok, back on topic. CIG releases a new $27000 ship package for those that CHOOSE to buy it. I don't mind.

2. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    More money then brains edition.

Maddness and metagamer like this.
  3. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I do find it funny that you have to have spent 1000+ already to be able to spend the 27k. So i want to give you 27k but i didn't put any money in the beta/alpha or whatever BS they are calling it. So they'll turn down 27k because i'm not a Concierge Community Member. ^^

4. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I imagine if you contact them directly and ask them if they would be willing to take your $27k that they may make an exception.

Their customer service team can be really quite accommodating ~_^

5. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070

LOL. Then again I wonder how many people that would spend 27K are not Concierge Community Member's in the first place. I'm guessing there are 0-3 people who buy this and they are already Concierge Community Members.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    This bundle is so good that i´ve bought 2 to go with the Rolls Royce i ordered the same day... It´s just one of those days when i just want to blow up money in the dumbest way possible...

More seriously, this makes no sense in any way possible. Asking people to spend 27.000 dollars in some game items it´s just too stupid and greedy. And asking people to support a game that has already been funded in more than 180 million it´s even worse!!! I´m starting to think that a big chunk of that money was spent on other things besides the game...

I hope no one buys this crap otherwise EA and others are going to take notice and start making the same move...

Maddness likes this.
  7. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    And you just did exactly what you complained about. No deadlines have been missed. On two separate occasions the backers of Star Citizen voted to expand the size and scope of the game which is why those deadlines became invalid.

edit:

Oh wait... they did show at the end of the Speech trailer it say that Squadron 42 would be coming in 2017. So i guess they did miss one.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh I didn't realise you could earn all those thousands of $ in ingame playtime. Same with BF though. But yeah, that makes it the shortcut bundle as with EA, they sold them too. I'm not sure what's missing though when you play BF and buy prem and their shortcut bundles, all in all it will definately be cheaper than SC, but it works the same way, essentially.

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The Starmarine FPS module got delayed multiple times. 3.0 got delayed at least twice and I'd argue more if you count the entire year prior. Multiple features of 3.0 itself got pushed into 3.1 and similarly with 3.1 to 3.2 and 3.2 to 3.3, etc. SQ42 EP1 was supposed to come out in Fall 2015 and even now, three years later, we have a barely functioning cockpit system and early previews of SQ42 look relatively unpolished, especially in regards to performance. There was no way they were shipping EP1 2015 regardless to the scope - and then yeah, again in 2017 came and gone. Various ship releases got delayed. Even right now there is a post on /r/starcitizen complaining that the roadmap for SQ42 that was supposed to come out December still isn't released.

There have been countless delays both due to feature creep and not. Independent teams have missed deadlines - if you just follow the progress watch threads they constantly report delays in various features there - minor ones but delays still.

Chris Roberts is notoriously bad at timelines and "game expanse" only goes so far when basic systems that were supposed to ship final years ago aren't even fully functional.

10. So let me get this straight. If I've spent $1,000 or more supporting the game they'll give me for free $25,000 worth of ingame purchases, that normally you'd have to be a few fries short of a happy meal to buy outside of that? Or are they offering some nut the option tospend $25k. Thats sick! and not the cool kind of "sick" either....

11. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Until they put out a final fully playable version of the game it's a donation and wishful thinking

12. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I am now the proud owner of an Idris capital class frigate called the Coobana.

Let the ganking begin, mwahahaha! :D

13. Looks like the industry's biggest scam is still going strong.

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I mean it's a pretty fun game so why wouldn't it be? Also this thread is three years old.

15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    On topic of the game itself , is it playable and fun ? Wanted t o try. (Whats the cheapest pack ?).

16. True. I didn't realize it's a necro.

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It depends on your tolerance for bugs. There are a number of rewarding gameplay loops in the game now for people into PvE. PvP can be frustrating because there is a significant skill ceiling to flying/combat and there are people that have been playing for literally a decade.

There is decent progression as well but it will eventually be wiped as the alpha progresses. The scale of the game allows for some really awesome experiences that I've never had in any other game -- but it's also one of the main reason why the game continues to be extremely buggy. The level of detail is insane and every patch only increases it even further. Performance has increased significantly in the last few patches and the upcoming 3.13 increases it even further - which definitely makes the whole experience more enjoyable. Development on the game has sped up pretty massively in the last two years or so.

I think the cheapest pack is $40? At least that's what I bought the game for. You can earn all the more expensive ships using in game currency -- although the massive ones would take an extremely long period of time without help from others, but then the ships can't really be flown in a useful way solo anyway.

If you're not into unpolished experiences then I would avoid the game honestly. I have probably close to 1000 hours into it now and I find it enjoyable but the moment you spend like 3 hours mining to fill your cat only to have a 30k (server crash) or QD into a planet you're going to want to smash your head into a wall. When they connect everything up to icache and your stuff will persist through server crashes I think the experience will be much better but atm it can be really frustrating if you actually value progression.

18. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    How it runs on 3080 ? I have RX6800 so that should be more or less close.

19. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600

That would be because the necro was from a now banned link spammer.

20. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I knew there is a ship you can buy that cost that much, wow, DLC? I don't know what Mista: Chris Roberts himself is thinking, WTF? 27k? despite all of that, I still love the old Wing Commander Series, My Favorite one has to be Wing Commander: Secret Missions, Absolute phenomenal Game.

Thanks for sharing though.

And here is a Trailer back in 2012, this trailer in my personal opinion is one of the best I have ever seen, even to this day (To any game):

Here's a video from Secret Missions(My favorite Wing Commander game and also one of my favorite Flight Based Games):

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021