Star Citizen Made a $27,000 DLC Bundle Exclusively for the $1,000+ Concierge Community

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 29, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I feel like this will trigger Derek in ways nothing else has.

lmimmfn and PrMinisterGR like this.
  4. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Amazing, when is the game coming out again ? Will it still be this decade ?

Keitosha and Koniakki like this.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Oh man, this is just an incentive for people who just keep throwing cash at them.

And I feel there lots of people who forgot to unsubscribe from supporting the project on kickstarter.
    If someone spends $10 each month on kickstarter for start citizen support for the last 3 years, that makes up to $360.

There probably lots of people who just keep paying $100 monthly. This is messed up, it's just a lame "thank you" to people who end up paying that price.

I have feeling Star Citizen trying to create "Half-Life 3". However no matter how hard they try to impress the public with awesome features, there already games that partially do the same.
    So they just outdating the engine and technology by postponing release date and rewriting game again and again and again and again.

PrMinisterGR, Maddness and Solfaur like this.
  6. baasgene

baasgene Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Tuf OC
    It hurts me that there are still people supporting this scam, and trying to justify it. It's just like religion.

Maddness likes this.
  7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep and at least one of them will be along to defend it in short order, mark my words :rolleyes:

8. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    lol'ed!

9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Makes me glad I never supported it.

Maddness, -Tj- and fantaskarsef like this.
  10. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    AFAIK you don't subscribe to pay every month.
    i paid just once a few years ago, and thats it.
    Star Citizen is not a subscription model....

11. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Its just another way of supporting the game IF you want to. Its nothing special. Only thing that's annoys me is people who comment without actual knowledge. Funny that. Star Citizen is doing well and showing no signs of slowing down. Its also improving with every patch and well on its way. No other game feels like it either otherwise I may have been tempted by now to take a break and play them instead. Star Citizen isn't subscription based either. You just buy the game like you would any other and off you go.

12. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Of course I would have liked to have seen the game by now, but I am glad I backed it and got to watch it grow - actually part of why I backed a community assisted project in the 1st place.

Lately it has been fascinating to watch the devs develop more advanced tools that will allow them to create new ships, clothing and items much more efficiently than before + designing in more advanced way they interact and connect to each other bringing a lot of customisability to players setups.

Got to remember to some people out there $27 is not a lot of money and already have the other life luxuries they need for themselves (and families). A lot of us are excited to see good choices arriving in a, before Star Citizen, dying genre that had very little new interesting games for many years. Backing the project with more money than necessary feels like a good nod of appreciation + understanding that this extra go into helping improve the game whose expanding Persistent Universe is unfolding quite well now :)

13. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Damn! I can get a lot of whores and blowjobs for that kind of money! Nah i keed. But really this is ridiculous. lol!

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's 27,000 (twentyseventhousand, not twentyseven). That IS a lot of money :D

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    They're just trolling now.

Maddness likes this.

16. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Its one game I've been happy to support from almost day one and will continue to support until its inevitable beta and full release. Until that time I have and will continue to enjoy the content that gets added through updates through out the year and next year and the year after. Why? simple, I like what this game is doing and where its going. Do I worry that another game will come along that makes it redundant? NO, simply because nothing so far as even got close to what it currently is even in its Alpha state and nothing will. Is $27,000 a lot of money? Of course it is. You'd have to be stupid to think otherwise but its not a bad thing either. Its just good business.

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm guessing $27k is just an arbitrary number they used so this list of backers feel more appreciated.

As for whether or not this game will be released, that becomes a real gray area nowadays. How do you define "released"? There are many games out there that are mostly complete (or at least very playable) that remain in beta for years. Sometimes, I wonder if games are called beta simply so people are less critical about issues, but otherwise the game is complete. Then, there are AAA games that are unacceptably glitchy on their official release day. It seems nobody understand how to properly label a game anymore.
    All that being said, I'm well aware SC is not complete, but I doubt it's as far from playable as people make it out to be.

18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
  19. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Certainly is to me too ! and I certainly would not be caught spending That much on a game ;)

But an awful lot of people these days earn over $100k and might feel good about donating such a sum
    That and lets not forget the super rich "kids" out there

20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I know what you mean, it's just... that it's not donating. It's crowdfunding a project that helps a few people out of something you might call boredom?
    If they'd give it to some charity or cancer research or MS research or whatever I'd call it a donation, not expecting anything in return to yourself. But trying to sell a bit of digital content for that sum...

... only makes me agree with you @Humanoid_1 I would not be spending that much on a game either :D