Nvidia GeForce 397.93 Game Ready Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 24, 2018.

1. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    How is it playing up? Is it loss of HDR with black screen for a second then the video continues playing and HDR notification shows again and playback resumes? And you changed to 59hz to fix it?

2. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    very bad drivers for far cry 5 to me... so many fps down and in first minutes huge slowdowns

back to 397.64 and all fine and smooth again

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    You have sources you can link where this happened to others?

4. DarK SchneideR

DarK SchneideR Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    For me are keepers, Overwatch, Quake Champions, PUBG, Fortnite, all runs with 165fps (pubg 144) and smooth. I have Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti (11Gb).

5. ghostp1r473

ghostp1r473 Guest

GPU:
    2x 6990
    I have been having an issue for the last 2 driver releases 397.93+397.64 where Windows is hanging/freezing constantly. 30 seconds after I log into Windows, it will hang for like 5 minutes. Then it will be fine, but it will freeze again and again later for a few minutes each time.

There does not seem to be anything related to the drivers in the event viewer at the time of the hang. 391.35 works perfectly and I keep having to roll back to it. I have done the driver upgrades with DDU, and also without my SLI bridge. Nothing is helping. I have 2x 1080 TI in SLI.

grpm likes this.
  6. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Nice one, thanks. Sneaky sneaky Nvidia.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You installed it over a 391 set? i had this too, seems the extended sampling rates requires that the computer be power cycled.

With these repacks, just remember nvidia can send you a Cease and Desist, they've done it before

8. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    These fixed my FarCry5 crash issues. Every hour or so Farcry would randomly crash. No crashing now. Play on ultra setting with Ryzen 1600 and a 1060 3gb. 58-80 fps. I'm keeping em!

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No, 397.64. Not a lot of surprise though as audio output in 1803 is somewhat weird right now and does produce some puzzling issues from time to time.

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Interesting. Do you stream Quake Champions a lot?

11. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Still getting the annoying nvcotainer.exe hang on shut down, after playing games.

DDU, didn't help.

This has happened on all drivers after the 388.xx drivers, 39x.xx and on..
    sfc /scannow
    dism /online/cleanup-image/restorehealth
    chkdsk /scan
    Find no errors.

Don't know if this is Microsoft or nVidia issue, since it's been with me through 3 Microsoft Windows 10 OS updates "now on 1803".

No idea at this point what is causing this. ManualG stated this was fixed a couple of drivers back and is listed in the driver notes as fixed?

Otherwise the driver it's self works well in all my games, just a little annoyed by this hang.

-Tj- likes this.
  12. zandathrax

zandathrax Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG STRIX 4090
    Same here :/

13. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    has anyone noticed 3d turns off when booting up? screen flashes to black violently upon logging into windows. extremely jarring / annoying when I just want it on. maybe it's because i'm on an unsupported passive 3dtv with EDID override monitor driver … but has anyone noticed 3d turning off upon log in? would switch to amd if their 3d support was any better but it's not. think I found a reason to revert. also ffxv benchmark is lower than ever … <_< and I am not liking the sound of hidden telemetry even after we thought we disabled it in the installer. also fullscreen games hang/freeze upon launch and i have to alt+tab to start them. (brand new windows 10 rs4 install + the 2 cumulative updates + ddu fresh install. no reason for these bugs).

hate to say this but at this point I rather wish they would just declare years old cards legacy and stop pretending to support them with increasingly flawed drivers. i'm sure it works great on 1080ti or some sh*t I can't afford because of cryptocurrency hysteria. but ya … riddled with errors here. kind of like the bug fixes in their patch notes. except mine will likely never be fixed and just get buggier and buggier until finally they're declared legacy and i'll have to sift through 20 past drivers to find the one that works best. this ain't my first rodeo

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  14. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i think they are good drivers

15. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Drivers running real good now.

Can't remember exactly what I did in terms of disabling/enabling dynamictick and tscsyncpolicy.(act of desperation/frustration really) did a fresh install of 1803 a week ago and completely forgot to check up on this.
    I am sure that HPET is on in bios and disabled in Windows.

Those other two I only discovered yesterday (late I kno :() and Disabling them seems to have worked wonders for my rig.Not in terms of extra performance but rather more consistency/stability and very smooth gaming.

Driver performs identical to 397.64 now...so issue was on my side.

16. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Im sure its been said already but is this a new thing where Nvidia Experience is a mandatory install? worse is the fact that its still in the install options but ghosted so you can uncheck it, FFS.
    At least it can be removed from the control panel.

17. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    It's not mandatory.

G*addict likes this.
  18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I don't understand all the problems with driver installation people are reporting. Just uninstall old drivers from control panel, reboot, install new drivers with a clean installation and that's it. Don't even bother with Geforce Experience, just install the drivers and physx software.

The Phoenix likes this.
  19. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    They even introduced a new option that directly asks you if you want GFE without even using Advanced install mode. So how is it mandatory? If anything its easier to disable then ever before.

The Phoenix likes this.
  20. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    I also have 4 monitor setup, no issues here.