Nvidia GeForce 397.93 Game Ready Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 24, 2018.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    3570k@4.5ghz

I updated my org post.

2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    100% don't agree and neither should anyone who's used Nvidia drivers while pushing their systems. I'm gonna leave it at that.

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I updated one of my windows 7 x64bit PCs with this driver and i was welcome to a completely black screen :eek: , went into safe mode uninstalled/DDU clean installed and tried again and the same happened again lol , uninstalled and went back to 384.94 and it installed flawlessly :rolleyes:. Not touching this drivers ever again.

4. gdallsk

gdallsk Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    That would explain why you might have stutters, im on an overclocked 5820k, which is far from being a bottleneck for the card, the only thing that I remember doing to fix the issues, was to do a clean install of the drivers, which sort of fixed most of the stuttering.

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ok, I didn't know your HW,(should bring back HW profile for users), yeh my issue is low CPU core count, it's not a graphics rendering stutter, more like latency and sometimes choppy gameplay.
    By setting an fps cap you can adjust CPU usage somewhat.
    Looks like I will upgrade to an 8700k as that seems to be a sweet spot now.

gdallsk likes this.
  6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sure, mate, you're the only one here who's using Nvidia drivers.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well it is logical newer drivers have resolved issues, but sometimes fixing those can make new

And usually these fixed issues weren't so widespread (affected only certain userbase) and in the end broke something that wasn't here for others.

Its rare, but it can happen, just like now, kind of.. you really need to be careful how you install this driver..
    Reminds me a bit of Amd where you need to clean properly or it breaks everything, idk now.

8. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Are you sure it's the servers causing high CPU usage, because different maps have different levels of CPU usage - Amiens for instance has the highest CPU usage that I've detected, my 4.7Ghz 6700K sits at about 80-100% load on that map in Deathmatch whereas in other maps it's in the region of 50-70% usage. (note that this is at 142fps though, so higher CPU usage because of that too.)

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Installed it on top of the previous one via a clean install option, HD Audio driver failed to install for whatever reason, rebooted and installed it again on top of itself. All is fine. Not sure if any of this qualifies as being careful.

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    These are slower than 397.64 in WD2 4k for me.
    At 60fps limit + fast sync, 397.64 was perfect, now with this, some slowdown is noticeable but not annoying.
    Will play around with vsync off + no fps limit and see how they do.

tensai28 likes this.

11. Trino D

Trino D Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have a 4 monitor setup with these drivers one of the monitors flashes on & off intermittently, rolled back and it's fine again.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Well, it is probably both, but many times I can exit if I see really high cpu% and next time server it will be fine and I can stay with that server on the rotating maps (I normally choose mixed maps>Conquest ).
    For sure each map does alter CPU usage to an extent.

For sure 144hz will hit CPU more than my 73 caps, in BF4 I cap to 120 cause it's less of a strain on the system.
    If I removed the cap and have Vsync off it be pretty bad gaming I am sure. haven't done that since the first day setting it up.

13. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    ok

14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Thanks for the heads up.
    yeah...I didn't say that. Just think maybe you aren't pushing your system as much because you seem not to notice any difference at all between drivers.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's because there is almost no difference between drivers, especially inside one version branch.

16. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Do these fix the issue that caused pascal cards to draw more power? I killed my laptop 1080 because of the last drivers.

17. Esagerao

Esagerao Member

GPU:
    6900xt Red D Ultim
    Perfect installation here after ddu...
    About 200 pts more in 3dmark time spy extreme.
    Newly overclock touches 2126 in both cards.
    Far cry 5, F1 2017, fsx se run smooth.
    Keepers for me

Dj_ALeX likes this.
  18. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    ooohhh, the good old Detonator drivers. Now I'm feeling nostalgic. :')

AsiJu and The Phoenix like this.
  19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Come on dude don't you have anything better to do? Tired of arguing this. From my side, I see a difference. You don't from yours. Let's just agree to disagree and not flood this topic with our argument.

Stormyandcold and AsiJu like this.
  20. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    HDR is playing up with this driver when using MPC-HC on a 1060 and an LG UHD TV.

I rebooted the first time to fix it and had to change refresh rate to get it to work again after the 2nd time it stopped working.

No issues in games so far.