Nvidia GeForce 397.93 Game Ready Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 24, 2018.

1. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    This new driver is extremely bad for Dota 2. On almost every spell cast the game stuttered/hitched. Rolled back to to 397.64 and everything worked again. I have 2x GTX1080's in SLI so i'm not sure if its just bad for SLI rigs or single card rigs too. Either way, i'm gonna avoid it like the plague

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And now after I clean installed and reinstalled from ddu'd 397.64 its like nothing happened, I could play few COD IW rounds MP.. Before it happened by both SP and MP.

I kept my last saved UEFI, with "tight" timings and lower vccsa and it still passed, while earlier I had higher vccsa (+0.030) and loose timings (specifically tfaw) and it hard freeze 2x, also it stuttered while running across the map.. 90-72-90-82-90-72-90..

So I guess they are "ok", will try COD BO3 again..

Normal quick benchmarks were within marginal error, so no fps loss there, even by first install.

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    [NVIDIA Control Panel]: When Windows HDR is enabled, some color formats are missing from the NVIDIA Control Panel->Display->Change Resolution page. [2117226]

This is not fixed. Enabling HDR in the Windows settings disables ALL settings for 'Default' settings. It is still fuqed up. It still looks like limited RGB instead of full with dull contrast and colors.

4. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Drivers have become IDIOTICALLY huge resource hogs. Just as greedy owners/shareholders of companies like m$, nGreedia, shittel etc. And WHY, WHYYYY every goddamn new game requiers new drivers to run as it is supposed to, if the games are tailored according to the actual hardware and it's drivers in the first place? Think about it...

Keitosha and hemla like this.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    kinda funny how state of decay 2 runs worse with this driver

6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Can someone test this driver with Blender Cycles or Octanebench?

And would be appreciated if you can post the scores from Octanebench and what GPU has been used

Thanks in advance

Thank, Jura

7. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I noticed too, but need more test.

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I just tried these after Win10 17677 update with BO3. Seems good. Need to test more, but, didnt see any major problems.

Forza Horizon 3 still doesn't work (hasn't worked for the last 3 insider builds).

UPDATE:

Fixed FH3. Re-installed FH3+dlc again and added this version to Comodo Firewall shellcode injection exception list (the previous older version of FH3 in the list doesn't work anymore it seems).

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    -Tj- likes this.
  9. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Based off of the comments I see on here, it's as I expected. Nvidia usually follows this pattern. They release a rock solid great performing driver and then the following few releases are either more trouble than they're worth or slightly worse performing. I'll be sticking to 397.64 since they are perfect on 1803. Don't see any reason to install these.

-Tj- likes this.
  10. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Removing driver remains(like with DDU) is probably good thing when you downgrade drivers. As with latest NV drivers I guess that they are somehow made in such way that they can install properly over previous version. Albeit NV install definitely won't solve possible Windows issues.

-Tj- likes this.

11. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    Not -Tj- approved not touching it

Prophet, Indy, AsiJu and 2 others like this.
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    :D I like that somehow

-Tj- likes this.
  13. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Not as smooth as the .76/vulkans in far cry, occasional stutter and lower fps

14. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    true dota 2 sttuters a lot with this drivers like wtf a 1080 strugles with dota 2 at 2560x1080

15. gdallsk

gdallsk Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    BF1 isnt as smooth either with these, the latest DLC is horrid, and the first load on any map stutters like hell.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    :)

At first it was a disaster, now after 1 ddu and 2x clean installs it seems to be ok.

Will test them some more, but older 397.64 were ok from the start.

Driller_au and fantaskarsef like this.
  17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The usual pattern is that each next release in the same branch is less and less buggy compared to the initial one. This is also what you may assume via pure logic since it's mostly bug fixes inside a previously released branch.

I haven't seen any issues with those so far but I won't bother benching them as I'm about 99.9% sure that there is no change in performance anywhere.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I don't really see much diff in BF1, but make sure the server to enter isn't maxing cpu%, that is biggest thing/issue I have with BF1, some servers I see high 90's to 100 usages and when this happens game is not smooth, input device not smooth.
    I only played few rounds last night and will need more time to see.
    But in general when cpu% was 80 everything ran nice. This might be because I cap my fps at 73 with Vsync off, this gives smooth fps line graph in AB in most MP games of BF1.

Edit: Tried BF! again this morning an found a nice server at low CPU usage (64 players), these drivers seem good to me.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    JAMVA and RzrTrek like this.
  20. gdallsk

gdallsk Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    What CPU do you have?