Battlefield V Returns Towards World War II theme - no premium passes or DLCs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 24, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Solfaur likes this.
  2. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    We have cybernetic feminists leader the British assault. I thought Call of Duty already did WW2

RzrTrek and Solfaur like this.
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    And I was like: "BF1 is likely last BF for a while I bought..."
    If they keep this plan on launch day, I'll buy it. But if they change it later, I'm done with EA as a whole.

Solfaur likes this.
  4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Somewhere (I believe it was from this site) I had heard that this game was going to take the side of the Germans for a change which would be something different at least. Oh well.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    BF people rarely care about CoD. Those are very different games and have very different business model.
    You can play BF after 10 years from initial release. But with CoD, you have 30% of matches where there is at least one cheater with some crazy hacks shortly before next CoD is released. And one must have no self respect to play CoD 2 years after release as at that point matches are just hack fest.

When I had argument about CoD few months ago, I just reinstalled CoD:BO, and then uninstalled after 4 matches.
    1st took 30 seconds to finish (including scoreboard) as guy was killing everyone alive with one single shot regardless of place/cover (like if everyone stood in line to be killed with single bullet).
    2nd had few WHackers clearly tracking targets via walls. (how amateurish, but they apparently did not have to care as they were not detected by system nor there was anyone who would ban their game copy upon checking replay or anything)
    3rd was OK, or it seemed that way.
    4th guy with speedhack, rapidfire. I mean those are easiest hacks to be detected.

When I played Old Good BF2/4 last year, I saw few system messages about people being banned for hacks.
    Then it would likely be banned in Germany.

Maddness, fantaskarsef and Solfaur like this.
  6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
  7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Unless you play as Claus von Stauffenberg :)

Solfaur likes this.
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

I mean... just look at this picture. Does anything at all in it hint even remotely to WW2 (other than the guns)?

Female lead with robot arm, shirtless god of war bearded bald guy, black guy with blue Scottish facepaint (AND a samurai blade in the actual trailer ROFL). I'm left wondering what the guy on the far left is doing there, he must be lost or something. So this is WW2 "revised and updated" 2018 edition... o_O

No but really, all the absolutely insane SJW crap aside, it's a horrible trailer. They completely, and utterly pissed on the BF playerbase with such a Michael Bay bombastic shitshow that will make even COD jealous.

I am extremely disappointed.

9. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Don't worry people, we talk about EA here, they gona find a way to f*ck this up as always :D

Pre order now, regret later. Game as service is another cancer coming, and because people have short memory as hamsters, they need to be burned again to think clearly.

10. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    It wasn't pay-to-win. I am glad they got rid of the DLCs that split the user base. Hopefully now it doesn't become pay to win and it will be just buying cosmetics for them to keep on making money.

11. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    There is only one important question: is she transgendered and lesbian? Because if not, I expect EA's shares to drop by at least 17%.

Timothy D Smith and Solfaur like this.
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    btw, that female's hand is something similar to his, I can imagine, and it doesn't look like it moves:

[​IMG]

Still, weird... but hey, that because they wanted to have a female in their, a tough one, one that doesn't need working hands in one of the biggest wars ever fought. :rolleyes:

Solfaur likes this.
  13. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Anti-SJW people are going to come rushing in... and then they'll front up with purists about how OMG WOMEN. Already in this thread :p and all over the spamchannel at reveal video.

Everyone too stupid to see that Battlefield V is Saturday Morning Cartoon WW2, not Saving Private Ryan WW2... did you even SEE that trailer? This is like one of those old WW2 action comics that came out in the 60s and 70s. But oh no, we can't have fun. It has to be all serious.

And yeah, you can get prosthetics as cosmetic unlocks. + all kinds of other absurd stuff that makes this look like Mad Max meets WW2 via children's action cartoon. Good stuff, I say.

The total sandboxing of the classes with the skilltrees for both class and weapon also sounds like great fun. Something akin to the system in Heroes & Generals.

14. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    It's a Saturday morning cartoon. What don't you understand here? You're like, the saddest person to sit there and go all "OMG SHITTING ON US ALL" when this was like the greatest thing I've seen in quite a while. Reminds me of BF1942 where we got jetpacks and crap. Good stuff.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, to be fair, maybe not everybody wants to play Battlefield: Saturday morning cartoon. You might think about it that way, it's a valid opinion. If they would have made it more into a Bad Company game, it might have fit the whole theme more, imho.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I always play as female characters in video games that allow me to play as a female xD

Although this is a bit strange with the one armed lady considering it's set during World War 2.

No premium pass is a bit out of character for EA considering EA want's all the money, I can't help but feel EA is trying hard not to piss off as many people as possible.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Exactly what I was thinking too. I was sitting there a few minutes after the trailer, trying to imagine how EA wants to earn money with no premium and no paid DLCs... that sounds very odd and very not-EA-like...

[​IMG]

Solfaur likes this.
  18. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I can't tell whether AlmondMan means it ironically or not.

Solfaur likes this.
  19. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I guess EA might just concentrate on cosmetics after all. Worked for Valve (TF2, Dota2,etc...) and Tripwire(KF2) just fine.

And obviously keep crates with new weapons and progression points.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  20. Same old story here, there is nothing new or game changing that I can see, they always like to hype these new games as the best they have EVER been. I don't know what I just watched. There was no tank footage, no plane footage or any other vehicle footage. All we got was 2 minutes of cinematic and 1 minute of gameplay. Then when there was gameplay all we see is this insane montage of constant explosions and gun fire, there is no in between...just constant overwhelming action. This is how Battlefield 1 feels when you play, it's as if they don't know how to have a mix of strategic gameplay and normal battlefield chaos, it's just one extreme or the other.

We all know aswell that this game is going to be bloated to the hilt with loot boxes and rubbish cosmetics, after all we have to reward everyone as easily as humanly possible. I recall in Battlefield 2 where the upgrade system took time and skills, there was non of this "squad bonus" "vehicle destroy bonus".."bonus bonus bonus" You just played, got the kills you needed and unlocked your weapon, you had to work for it. There wasn't 500 attachment unlocks and camo skins, you didnt need it...why? Because the gameplay was the focus. These games today are not focused on gameplay, all its about now is pretty graphics and giving everyone a participation award.."everyone's a winner! yay!"

Just return to simple games with simple gameplay. There is a reason why Battlefield 1942 - Battlefield 2 were the best titles the franchise ever produced. Once you start filling games with nonsense you create a cycle of having to continually add more and more to appease the masses, which just degrades the gaming experience. Battlefield V will be the first Battlefield game I will not be buying!

__hollywood|meo and Solfaur like this.