Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, May 18, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Available:

>> Download

Support For
    • Windows®10 April 2018 Update
    • AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics
    • Ancestors Legacy™ o Up to 6% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p).
      • Up to 13% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p).
    • Microsoft PlayReady3.0
      • Supported on Radeon RX 400 Series and Radeon RX 500 Series desktop graphics products.
    Fixed Issues
    • HBCC options may not properly reset to default when Radeon Settings “Restore Factory Defaults” option is selected.
    • Destiny™2 may experience increasing load time durations when the game is run for extended periods of time.
    • Tearing may be observed in some borderless fullscreen games on Radeon FreeSync enabled displays when Radeon Software performance metrics is enabled.
    • Netflix™ playback through a web browser may experience corruption or hangs when using multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon RX 400 series or Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
    • Radeon ReLive streaming or uploading of videos to Facebook™ may intermittently fail.

Jackalito, RzrTrek, Silva and 2 others like this.
  2. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I rather them take there time and get it right. I do not install every driver.

warlord likes this.
  3. Luke7

Luke7 Guest

GPU:
    4 GB
  4. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Wow, AMD had issues with this driver for a while now, delay after delay. hope this fix the crash at random I was having and others.

RzrTrek and LocoDiceGR like this.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Driver restarts while video plays.

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    More info please...System / OS / Browser

7. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    [​IMG]
    Which video player does that?

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Atiapfxx.exe -r -sys -s test.xml

test.xml from atiapfxx.blb in 18.5.x or the "Q2 2018" driver compared against 18.5.1 here.

18.5.1 is dated May 16th, Q2 is dated May 11th.

Crossfire profile updates.

Quake Champions.
    (Crossfire flag updated.)

Profile updates.

Ancestor legacy.

Ans-Win64-Shipping.exe -> Anc-Win64-Shipping.exe
    720380 -> 620590 ( https://steamdb.info/app/720380/ -> https://steamdb.info/app/620590/ So closed beta to full game.)

And that's pretty much it for this file.

For Q2 2018 against 18.4.1 I made a quick comparison in that topic here:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/radeon-adrenalin-edition-q2-2018.421072/#post-5547854

Which to summarize there's profiles added for Warhammer Vermintide 2 (DX11) and Ancestor Legacy (Closed beta.)
    And there's also profiles for PXDynamic and HighPerfGPU flags for a couple of games which AFAIK (From a previous driver topic thread some time ago here.) indicates for the driver to prefer the dedicated GPU over the integrated one.
    Finally for Crossfire there's Gravity, Earthfall and Battlezone (Remaster of the sequel I assume.) as the new additions and updated ones for PUBG, Shadow of War, Conan Exile, Kingdom Come and Vermintide 2 :)

INF seems not too different to Q2, driver is about a week newer but that's about all so no major changes from a quick comparison here.

And for hardware acceleration assuming it's video playback via Twitch or Youtube what a surprise if it's borked again, seems it's fixed in one driver and broken in another and then fixed in one web browser (Hi Firefox!) and then broken again when the next version rolls out (Hello Firefox!) thus I keep HW acceleration off even if it can be useful even with a decent CPU. (Decent until you try 4k VP9 video playback at least or similar, ha ha.)

If it's a stand-alone video player I'm not too sure, MPC-HC with MadVR works here but it's the old but still going K-Lite bundle for simplicity though MadVR is customized a bit every now and again because they add a ton of new stuff to it. :D

EDIT: Ah the 18.5.1 release note page on AMD's website is available now.

EDIT: It's mostly just for the known issues, not too many listings but still a few notable things such as stutter with ReLive replay if used with FRTC and the Radeon overlay maybe missing some bits if used under borderless display mode.
    (The issues with Witcher 3 stuttering and the RadeonSettings.exe possible system hang if the user doesn't reboot first after a driver update already being listed for 18.4.1 as I recall, at least the driver is nice enough to prompt for a reboot even if WDDM and newer versions of Windows can handle a driver update but it's usually recommended to make sure everything goes smoothly.)

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah neither do i, im still on the first Adrenalin set, as everything i play and do works fine on them, if it ain't broke....... :p

Embra likes this.
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Sig /1803 - 17134.48 / Kodi.

11. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    No such issues with movies in Kodi 17.6 here.
    Win10 1803/17134.48

12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    [​IMG]

Wonderful Core i7 7700X CPU that doesn't exist.​

NvidiaFreak650 likes this.
  13. Hifihedgehog

Hifihedgehog Guest

GPU:
    -
    I have a Ryzen 5 2400G system with Windows 10 1709 and Kodi 17.6 DSPlayer + MadVR that experiences a playback issue with the Q2 drivers from a couple days ago. Interestingly, the issues only pop if (a) 12-bit or 10-bit color is enabled for my 4K@60Hz display and (b) DSPlayer (not Kodi's built-in player) is attempting to playback a decrypted UHD Blu-ray M2TS file. If I switch to 8-bit color, the playback error does not occur. The February release of the drivers has no such problem. I will check back in hopefully after the Memorial Day weekend and let everyone know if today's unified 18.5.1 drivers fixed my Kodi playback issues.

14. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Look like someone on the inside of Intel stole that CPU and give it to someone at AMD haha.
    Also no crashing in games now, play around 3 hours with no crash in State of Decay 2.

Romulus_ut3 and LocoDiceGR like this.
  15. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    havent had this problem in a while..i only get 2 channels from my HDMI now. Cant do Atmos or even basic 5.1. ug. guess its time to DDU and back one as i did a clean install. :p

update : yup, DDU'd reinstalled the one back driver, works like a charm...detects everything no problem. Oh well, guess i skip a driver this time.(Tarkov sounds WAY too good to play it in just stereo, I upsample the 5.1 mix to Auro3D and it sounds UNBELIEVABLE :D )

Last edited: May 24, 2018

16. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    after DDU, installed, works

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Besides they already have Great CPU for this 2700X at 4.2Ghz w/3466MHz Ram at CL14 will destroy any 4core part easily :p and for ATI Radeon more cores=the better FPS because of Heavy Multi Threaded Adrenalin Driver :cool:

18. pseudo555

pseudo555 Member

GPU:
    sapphire R580
    Using 18.4.1, my mouse lags and shutters (win10 1803).
    Does this version fix taht issue or is it still present ?

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Not everybody had this issue..so we cant tell you.

Use DDU and install 18.5.1 and report back to us.

- -

No problems on my system with the 18.5.1..all good! :)

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    OnnA likes this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Are these WHQL or Beta?