NVIDIA Ends GPP - So ASUS Rolls Back AREZ to ROG

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 22, 2018.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Alright, update, I just had a phone call with ASUS. The Twitter account indeed is fake. ASUS HQ took immediate action and had Twitter suspend that account (which now is disabled). ASUS at this time has no comments on the AREZ product line. Once anything should change we'll be informed.

alanm, cowie and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thanks for keeping us posted @Hilbert Hagedoorn , that's the way I want to see you (the journalist) work and clear things up.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Now that's not a nice thing to say to me is it now?

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's more reliable because you can come to the comments and find Hilbert actively investigating whether it's fake or not.

Tech sites are in a position where if they don't immediately post the latest info they are often left behind in terms of viewership because users generally read from the breaking location then don't bother clicking articles from other sites with the same headline. This creates an issue when people are trying to spread false news via fake twitter accounts, because if you wait too long you miss out on the initial "rush" of viewers but if you don't spend time validating you run into the chance of posting incorrect info. As long as it's corrected/retracted/etc when found, I don't see the issue - which is what happened here.

alanm and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    You are right, it's not nice but it's real.

I highly respect these forums but that doesn't mean i'll blindly follow and avoid critic what i think was a mistake.

This forum filters bans links and the names of other web/news sites because they are not reliable and sometimes simply click bait site that never check at the source of their "news" like "WclickBaitTECH".

I still think Guru3D is a good source of tech info but nobody is perfect and you are also prone to make mistake like don't check news at the source (Nvidia/Asus) prior to post news.

If you decide constructive critics like mine are not allowed you are the king of your castle and you can kick my ass of your reign anytime you want.

Until then i'll continue to post my opinion in this great forum. :)

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Myeah, it's not constructive criticism now is it? It's mostly insults ...

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The only way to avoid posting fake news is investigating in the source PRIOR to post a "news"...

...If it was done AFTER it was a mistake.

Not a crime of course but still a mistake.

Yes, i agree but publishing without check is not the solution.

Fake news sites will always be faster to publish some real news in the middle of a sea of fake news.

If you shoot 1000 times without aiming sometimes you kill somebody. :D

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Where is the insult in my post?

If you publish the same fake news (by error) that a click bait site published (intentionally without checking) what makes your article "better"?

I highly respect you and your site but respect is not the same as blind faith and following without critic.

If you disagree you are the king of your reign and you can cut short my voice.

I'm fully aware this is not a democracy: here you reign like any other site owner.

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Let me put it this way, words like 'reign ' and 'kick your/my ass' do not fit my vocabulary, style or lingo, they are insulting - much like suggesting this website would not be reliable in your OP. A little more decency would be nice. I'll leave it at that sammarbella.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I never thought that using these words will be considered an insult and it was not my intention :(

My non formal choice of words can be more formal of course.

I could rephrase them in this way:

"It's a fact you are the owner of this site and it's another fact that you can decide the written and non written rules and who are allowed to be a member here."

Guru3D is a reliable news source and the fact a single mistake was done is the exception to the rule.

Remarking that a mistake was done because a news was not checked at source is not an insult but of course you can disagree.

At the end it's only my opinion.

12. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    You know at the end of the day checking Every story back to it's source is literally not possible in the long run.

If every tech news site in the world tried to do this, or even a fairly small proportion of them, companies (or the source to check) would clam up while inundated by thousands of sites (and bloggers trying to do things right and grow) every day requesting confirmations.

Sometimes best judgement has to be used as to the newsworthyness of a story.

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh so you guys can say that you did not run with fear mongering and speculation for the past few months? clickin everything gosh dang gpp fansites like this one?
    it was fake so they were trying to decive and what the hell it was corrected and updated in an hour .
    just call up asus support you guys they will have a warm bottle for you ready.
    upset because of a new name boo boo get over it hahaha you guys were like oh I told you see we won lolololol not:p

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    It's not "fake news" (as in: with the intention to deceive) it was probably just misinformation, which has since been corrected.

sammarbella likes this.
  15. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I might also add that of course the source could also deny it, such as in the early rumours of Intel working wit AMD to integrate AMD GFx with an Intel CPU.

Again, some stories Have to come down to a judgment call with or Without checking a source.

16. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i find it a bit interesting that asus refuses to comment on the issue to hilbert or [H] for that matter

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Maybe they havent decided yet what to do so are unable to give a definitive answer to anybody at this time?

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Uhm they did? Guess you missed Hilbert's post:

Or did you mean comments about the Arez brand? Because on the net it reads like it was a fake twitter account and nothing more, no changes with anything. Or did I miss something here? Not sure right now :D

19. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    yeah alanm that would certainly make sense

yes, thats wat i meant. with multiple hardware sites contacting them about it, i was hoping that they would take the opportunity to say something definitive in regards to whether or not theyre sticking to their guns with their arbitrary new branding. shouldnt be surprised theyre tight-lipped, i guess.

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ah yes, they could have given out an official statement, available for everybody to read / see, couldn't have done any damage at all.