What the best kit for professional FPS gaming?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Heizern, May 17, 2018.

1. Heizern

Heizern Guest

GPU:
    Z390
    In technical or practical terms, what is the best kit for a professional FPS gaming? PUBG ~ CSGO ~ BATTLEFIELD ~ COD ... Want the best performance, please see the CXB, I want to know what the best performance independent of the $ value.

MOUSE: Logitech G903 Wireless
    MOUSEPAD: Logitech GPowerplay
    KEYBOARD: Ducky One TKL RGB
    HEADSET: Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless

MOUSE: Steelseries Rival 600
    MOUSEPAD: Steelseries Qck Prism rgb
    KEYBOARD: Steelseries M750 TKL
    HEADSET: Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless

MOUSE: Zowie mouse's
    MOUSEPAD: Zowie G-SR
    KEYBOARD: Ducky One 2 TKL /ou/ Drevo Excalibur
    HEADSET: Steelseries Arctis Pro /ou/ Hyperx Flight

MOUSE: Razer Lancehead TE or Razer mamba hyperflux + firefly hyperflux
    MOUSEPAD: Razer Firefly
    KEYBOARD: Razer TE v2 TKL
    HEADSET: Steelseries Arctis Pro /ou/ kraken pro v2

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mountain Dew

Heizern and sverek like this.
  4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It always makes me grin when professionals ask amateurs about what works best for professionals :p

Heizern likes this.

5. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    This

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heizern likes this.
  6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    ^

If you want serious answer, get what fits you.
    Get mouse that fits your hand size, preferred weight and shape. Do your research instead of asking "what is the best car"

DAW40 and Heizern like this.
  7. Heizern

Heizern Guest

GPU:
    Z390
    Well, I'm not a professional, but I want to get into the eSport world, make a youtube channel directed to technology and games in general and also daily streams. I'm Brazilian, I'm 22 years old, I've been playing Counter Strike for 14 years, I'm 2 years old, because my house was stolen and I lost the only crap computer I had, I ran with a GT 9500 for you to have a notion, an AMD 9600B quadcore 2.3 and had 4gb of ram, the mouse and keyboard I used was $ 20.00, converted to the American dollar should give $ 4, was new and I was never supported by parents, today I work and I can have my things, I joined lots of money, I plan to renovate my entire room and create a monstrous setup for a channel on youtube. The configuration will be mounted with the following hardware:

Intel i7 8700K
    Z370 Asus maximus X Apex OR Z390 Highend
    GTX 1180 (I'm just waiting for the release, the money is already in the bank account)
    16gb 3200Mhz GSkill TZ RGB CL14
    1TB Samsung 970 EVO
    3TB Seagate BarraCUDA PRO
    Seasonic Prime Ultra 850w Titanium
    Thermaltake Pacific M360 RGB
    Thermaltake Core P5

And I want the best possible configuration on peripherals, and the monitor will buy 240Hz

I wanted the option of the forum, I never had contact with anything like that, nor to see it personally, it's something from another world to me. I am very fond of RAZER LANCEHEAD TE, but I have a bit of fear, the Brazilians criticize a lot to razer, it's kind of 50% in favor and 50% against, they gave me a lot of ZOWIE mice and products, but it's so simple and I would be so pale in my setup, I think the most current mice like the g903 or the lancehead and rival 600 have equal or better performance and the design and aesthetics wins a lot!

8. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    What sverek said. I am no pro by any means, but having hardware that fits you is incredibly important- especially if you are using them for long periods of time. There is nothing worse than paying top money for a mouse or keyboard for it to give your hands/fingers cramps or just not ever feeling right.

Also, sometimes you might be surprised at what fits you so have an open mind. I have small hands but I use the Logitech G700s mouse and its huge but fits me perfectly. Do you have a store in your location that you can put your hands on some mice to try them out? (lol)

Heizern likes this.
  9. Heizern

Heizern Guest

GPU:
    Z390
    hum, no have :/

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Might take a look into this thread: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/mouse-guide.335510/
    It's a little old now, but the information still is interesting.

Also, it depends on your preferences. Mouse size is a big thing, as well as what swtiches you want for your keyboard. Not sure about the mouse pad though... never had a gaming headset, so I can't give any info on that.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Any mouse using a 3360 variant sensor a 120 Hz or higher monitor. Rest is just a mousepad you like and a PC that can output the frame-rates required, the more the better. Audio quality wise, you don't have to get the best but don't cheap out either.

Also I wouldn't get Razer:

If my choice was between Razer or Zowie, I'd pick Zowie.

On a technical level I'd say Logitech > Everyone else, though not everyone likes their shapes.

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Logitech G502 Proteus Core is the best mouse out right now in my opinion. As for keyboards, I just buy $15 Logitech's because I've ruined many keyboards from spilling beer/whiskey on them.

13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Logitech G403 is the best mouse I owned so far hands down.

vonSternberg likes this.
  14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The 2 mice you two just listed kind of fit my argument, they both use a 3366 sensor, which is the Logitech 3360 variant. Though there are a lot more choices out there right now.

If you're looking into a Zowie FK model, these use the 3310 sensor, I switched from an FK2 to:

http://www.nixeus.com/product/revel-gaming-mouse/ very simple mouse but a good sensor
    https://www.dreammachines.pl they also have 3360 mice that are similar

Zowie has 1 3360 mouse:
    http://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1640850-3360-benq-zowie-ec-b-series-announced.html

Though I would use a Zowie 3310 over what you've listed otherwise. If there's 1 thing good players often don't like is a lot of weight.

With good players or pro's the only Logitech's that show up are the cabled variants of the G403, the G Pro or G303. I think there's 1 or 2 guys using the G900 as well.

Also considering build quality and durability, if we exclude the manufacturing defects (early defects), Zowie mice are pretty durable.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I have to agree with everyone saying that the fit to your hand for the mouse is the most important aspect. Even more than the sensor IMO, assuming the sensor isn't some BS that has acceleration at the hardware or firmware level. I think the Logitech G502 is excellent as far as comfort goes, but unfortunately I had to return mine since the left click always sticks to my finger then springs back making an intolerable "boing" sound like a cartoon spring. I then ordered a Razer Basilisk which has a similar shape aaaand... it gives me wrist pain immediately so I'm back to using my Razer DA Chroma from 14000 years ago despite it being the completely wrong shape for my small hands.

See if you can find a nearby store that has demo models so you can actually try some out.

16. DAW40

DAW40 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    Is that a mouse or a futuristic car lol. For gamers this is good not for gamers + audiophile

17. DAW40

DAW40 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    Personally I like my G700s .... sighs

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  18. DAW40

DAW40 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    WTF is a Zowie lol. DO NOT get a razer mouse, Go with option number one my friend. Must trust Logitech they are proven and their RMA is the best in the industry. You don't even have to send back what you have. Enjoy the new gear when you get it.

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    What's a Zowie:
    https://zowie.benq.com/en/product/mouse.html

The brand became well known after offering specific (well liked) shapes in various sizes. They also follow the concept of "simplicity is bliss". No fuss, just good shapes and reliable performance.

The only complaint in the past year has been that they really need to get with the times and jump on the 3360 sensor bandwagon (the 3360 is just to damn good tbh).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    DAW40 likes this.
  20. Arshad Hussain

Arshad Hussain Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6850
    Good gaming gear with gaming instincts would be enough for someone to be a professional gamer.

vonSternberg and DAW40 like this.