Fermi and new drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by darkalexis1990, May 11, 2018.

1. now that fermi does not support anymore is there a way to add the new drivers? (edit the inf file?)

i have 540m with 3d vision and it would be good to update thanks.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's highly likely that Fermi support was removed from the driver, not the INF file, so editing it won't do anything.

3. oh really?thats why i edit the inf file according to some youtube videos i saw but it didnt worked. nvidia said that it update critical security updates.so it might be see a last update version of the drivers until 2019?

by the way my first dissapoiment from nvidia.i had it in my mind that it will continue update the 500x drivers (mine)

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not sure what you're disappointed with, Fermi chips are 8 years old. All other companies on the market have dropped s/w support for devices from 2010 ages ago.

5. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    last fermi driver at moment is 391.58, and very good driver

[​IMG]

6. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Some people just dont want to keep up with tech

7. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Or simply they CAN'T afford it, there is people like me (and many many others) that lives on sh*tty countries (im from Venezuela btw) and buy new hardware is really expensive, the priority for us is to spend the money on food, services, etc

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Software support isn't free, you know. If you can't afford something then how exactly would NV afford it?

9. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Of course, all i wanted is to point that some people wont upgrade because they can't afford it, and from my POV NV did a good job giving support to Fermi for 8 years, the Fermi user base should be happy that they give the promised DX12 support after all

10. its my first cause i get fermi about a year ago and i was happy that i could update my drivers...anyway you cant understand me.

11. does it support 540M??

12. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    yes if you make inf

13. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    What sort of assed logic is that? Fermi has been legacy for years now. It isn't exactly *costing* them.

14. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    compared of what amd did to us HD 4000 2 years after HD 5000-6000 released and then the HD 5000-6000 series went the same road after HD 7000-r9 200 released, you should be grateful with nvidia, 8 years is better that 2-3 years

RzrTrek likes this.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You do realise you're comparing an individual to a major corporation there?

Apples and oranges... mildly put.

16. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    Because architecture changed. When nV change SM arch, they will drop support in 2-3 years afterwards for remaining SM cards completely (including volta).
    I don't really see reason for dropping support, but at least they have decency to officially tell you that unlike AMD. To be even worse, AMD bugged drivers for 1st GCN and almost 2 years after, hw acceleration is still bugged (and it will stay bugged even with last drivers that will support these GPUs, because it is AMD and they are "good guys").
    If drivers are good without major issues, Fermi owners will be fine.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's just logic, son. If you don't understand that anything a company does needs to be paid for by your money then it's you who have a serious logical issue.

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Quite funny to claim logic when you compare an individual paying for a product that a company produces to the cost a company incurs to support that product. (A legacy product at that with minimum upkeep)

Flawless logic.

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I do not compare anything. Learn logic before claiming that I do.