Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Oct 13, 2017.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Not me, no, the way the gear is in the game completely puts me off even keeping this installed atm. Honestly, go play The Division if you want a solid looter shooter.

edit: Oh I see you posted in The Division thread, you're pretty much done with it.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    My desire to buy this game, even though I really liked the demo, has all but vanished.

Part in how Bungie have handled the game, and partly due to a few friends reactions. One friend on Steam that bought it, told me if I could get it for about 10 bucks... probably. But, otherwise, just to forget about it.
    He was really disappointed by the game, and said he was just "going through the motions" to finish the campaign and had no desire to play online.

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Honestly, I wouldn't even spend 10 on it until they fix the game. The frustrating thing is it would be so easily fixed, first step would be RNG stats on drops and that would bring a lot of people back. It's like they have no idea what they're doing, weird.

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    The next DLC comes out on the 8th of May. I have already paid for it with the season pass, so I will play the story and see if there is anything more worth playing in it, but the way Bungie is handling the game is so poor, that I really have lost hope for it. That saddens me, because I really enjoyed the first one and have great memories with it, but no one is playing the second game anymore. It looks like it can be fixed if Bungie get their crap together, but by the time this happens there may be no player base left…

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    One of the problems is that one can only do the raids so many times before it is just a time sink...no fun left in it any longer. They nerf'd bright engrams; wow another shader, ship, or sparrow. There is not enough feeling left in the game for me to level up my hunter. The clan am in used to run raids every weekend. Now, they are dead/inactive like so many of the clans that used to be. Could not bring myself to play when they brought mayhem back and I loved mayhem the first time they offered it. Instead it seems they are more interested in pointless faction rallies. The factions do not even offer special abilities unique to each faction. Will see how long the new DLC will hold my interest. Mercury was so small, that DLC was utterly pointless.

They listened to the whiners who no longer have the same amount of time to invest into a game...so they made it to where no matter how little time is invested, they will not feel like anything was missed out on. That is why there is nothing left in the game for myself at the moment. Was fun before all the changes were implemented.

6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    That's the thing though, were there even whiners about gear progression in the original game? I remember people complaining about many things, and rightly so, with the first game. But it was so good in the end and pretty much the entire community loved Destiny in the end. Can't remember people complaining about gear progression that much, but I'm sure there would have been some entitled kids demanding instant gratification.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It's so sad cause the game looks absolutely fantastic (apart from the "tearable" AA), plays really great (great gun handling and movement), sounds good enough and has epic level design (I love the platforming). SP was decent enough, sure the story wont win any awards but it wasn't poo. Too bad there is so little to do at max level. I don't even want to buy the DLC at this point (I might do it when it's on sale or something).

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeh I was kinda hoping Destiny 2 would be my next looter shooter after Division.

Tbh still playing the campaign and I've enjoyed the game so far but deliberately pushing reaching the end game back to wait for at least most fixes and content.

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Ehhhhh, I can't really get into the game...I've tried. It's not a bad game at all, but it's one that you have to put so much time in to see a reward from it. It's not nearly as bad as other games I will say though as far as any grinding goes, compared to a few games I can think of off the top of my head(ahem PSO2).

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I thought it was just dull. The enemies rarely, if ever, challenged me and the campaign was too disjointed for me to care about it. Something was off about the pacing. I've been able to enjoy borderlands and far cry games but this was just a chore to play. The loot was also boring both in terms of stats and appearance.
    I tried the pvp part of the game and I had trouble finding players. I guess not many people were interested in this game in my part of the world. PVP was actually more fun than the PVE and I am one who generally dislikes PVP!

I wish I hadn't spent the $35 on this :p Too bad there was no demo when I bought it.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys i bought this game as bundle, was super cheap with other 6 games, i reached level 5 now, i was at a level where i was fighting off extractors and finish them off, man it took me quite a while and while doing that i went from level 3 to level 5 in just 1 mission

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I'd like to get back into Destiny 2 but the latest update fails to download.

Battle.net app just displays "initializing" and nothing happens.

@ramthegamer
    yeah Public Events (I think that's what you did) are a very quick way to level up.

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Played the first three story missions and two adventures from the new Warmind DLC, and then played them again with a friend, since I needed to level up to continue. Can’t really say much for now, except that the main boss is shaping up to be cool and I like having Mars again, snowy Mars at that. Will dive into the Escalation Protocol thingy and the ranked PvP, once I finish the story mode. Looks like with all the masterworks items and new power levels, it will take a while before you can make a max level, well equipped character.

14. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I'm currently playing Destiny 2 from the Humble Monthly. I've just restored power to the base on Titan. Treating it as a single player game, it feels lacking in urgency and in player agency. So far, enemies are mostly bullet sponges except when aiming for the head. You can feel, underneath, a layer of the old Halo gameplay, but the dull AI and the lack of variety in enemies is stunted enough so it cannot come out. Some of the presentation brings the epic scale Bungie has mastered so well, but other times it feels like I'm looking at a second-tier RPG from Eastern Europe. A mixed bag of slightly interesting and wholly mundane, wrapped in pretty graphics and the notion that I'll keep playing to find more loot.

I'm not convinced.

Haven't dug deep enough to find something resembling an interesting multiplayer experience, though that's not what I'm looking for anyway.

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys how to finish this strotland mission? i keep having public events, i ve had enough of and i can t find the way to continue??

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    To be honest, the best times in this game (and even more in the first one) were when we were in a fireteam, on voice chat, trying to do the hardest activities in the game. It gets intense and frustrating at times, but it was tremendous fun in the end. Or just taking about life and joking around while mindlessly grinding easier content. Playing it as a single player game is a bit meh. Sometimes it is OK, sometimes it is a bore.

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    sorry guys im new in this game, how to play multiplayer? i don t even know what is sp and what s mp, and i m stuck in strotland, with only public events, like a bugged game, i saw on youtube there is something like stick with light above it to be able to play adventure, i don t even know how to progress in this mission,,,, anyone knows?

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    This is a game that was developed purely as a vessel for "micro" transactions. It was made to make you feel "invested" in it and keep you paying more and more money.

In other words, it's garbage.

19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    That's not even remotely what is wrong with the game. Not even close. That is like the least of the game's issues.

20. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yeah, that’s the least of the games’ problems. Sure they are a thing and there were times when it was obvious that it influenced the game design in a way to push you towards buying stuff, and even if I hate the argument “it is just cosmetic”, well at least it really is. But this is not even in the top 5 of the main problems at the moment.

BTW I finished the Warmind story yesterday. It was really SHORT. Not that I was expecting it to be much, but it was short even by Bungie standards. At least the boss is cool. As always it was more fun with a friend. Also tried the new heroic strikes and got our asses kicked for attempting it at 335-340 power, as the recommended is 350.

So far what I’ve seen as changes from the latest patch and DLC is all positive. Don’t think the games is “fixed”, but it feels better.