GeForce 397.64 WHQL Game Ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, May 9, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice.

And the usual PDF quotes.

https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/397.64/397.64-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

(Same as the 397.55 hotfix.)

EDIT: And I missed the last post on the previous page, oops.

The GDI object issue with increasing from queries to NVAPI seems like a important fix, shadowplay being a bit broken(?) though looks like it would be a issue to people using this method of recording, new version of GFE perhaps for resolving this?

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    STILL no mention of the stuttering issues in 390 series?
    Not installing this.......

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Wonder if that's down to the motherboard manufacturer and requiring a bios update more so than the GPU vendor and them fixing it via driver software.

EDIT: That should be a bit better, haven't kept up to date at all lately with motherboards and CPU's so I'm not really too sure.

EDIT: Hmm could NVIDIA even affect something like PCI-E and say power-save functionality or what might have most of a chance of impacting performance or cause stuttering, I would assume it's a motherboard issue and how they handle it more so than the GPU end of things but I might be completely wrong here. :)

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Nvidia just keep 'em coming, good work.

5. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    The download server is slow. Maybe due to my country connection.

OF: God bless my nation. Change new government.

6. rburks

rburks Member

Well huh. I just installed the Hotfix 397.55 yesterday because 397.31 broke DirectX in Ghost Recon Wildlands (and possibly other games too.) I think I will hold on to the Hotfix drivers a while longer just in case.....

7. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    how is this optimizing PoE 2 if there isnt even a profile for it in the driver?

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    In what games you get stuttering, mate?

9. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    It's called 'marketing bullshit'.

10. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Or they didn't need to do any bugfixing for PoE2, and a general driver optimization yielded a little better performance compared to the earlier driver:)

One can always try the earlier driver to see if it makes any difference

Last edited: May 9, 2018

11. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Performance? Any better or worse than the Vulkans?

12. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Will try for the sake of science but I hope these fix the micro stuttering problems in PUBG. At this stage I don't know if it's the fault of the game, nvidia drivers or windows update.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Hitman Absolution no longer works for me on Windows 10 Pro v1803 Build 17134.xx (xx=48 currently) and any of the 397.xx drivers so far. It repeatedly crashes with the following error in the Event log during loading (no window even appears):

Faulting application name: HMA.exe, version: 1.0.447.0, time stamp: 0x5149e0b4
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0019e304
    Faulting process ID: 0x1a0c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3e7ab5a2f7881
    Faulting application path: H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Hitman Absolution\HMA.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report ID: 2f8c868d-8488-416b-ae59-4befbf5f2b26
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is a fresh install since I had to redownload the game due to hard drive corruption. I have revalidated the game but it no longer works. I did play it late last year on Windows 10 Pro v1709 and an earlier NVIDIA graphics driver on the same GTX 1080 Ti and it ran fine. I don't know whether the issue is the new build of Windows and/or the graphics driver but I am stuck with what I using. Downgrading the graphics driver is no ideal since newer games rely on fixes in the newer ones and, obviously, I cannot downgrade Windows either since it was in-place upgrade from v1709.

14. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Various, and it's not just me. The first 390 driver thread is full of the reports of stuttering. It's largely diminished by disabling power monitoring, but persists to a lesser degree even with that done. Nvidia have told me that they've been able to replicate it, but there's no mention of it as a known issue. I tried the subsequent few drivers and found the exact same behaviour and haven't tried the last few versions since I'm tired of wasting an hour for the 'install->test->fail->DDU->revert->fix all your settings' cycle every time. The really frustrating part is that since I was able to pin it down to power monitoring, it's reduced the issue to such a degree that it's not getting the attention it was, and it's just being forgotten.

15. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    After installing these the default install folder is deleted C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\397.64\Win10_64\International I would delete it anyway but is this the norm ?

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Yes, it's normal since last two or three driver releases.

17. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Still the same issue as with 397.31 :
    unable to change the frequency of my ASUS PG278Q with its own switch.
    It remains at 144Hz. Impossible to switch to 60Hz or 120Hz.

NVIDIa, please, solve. Thanks.

Ps : with 391.35, no problem.

18. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    Ok thanks.

19. rburks

rburks Member

This is odd.....have you tried rolling back the Nvidia drivers just to see if it fixes Hitman? Maybe you did and I missed it, but I understand not being able to downgrade Windows if that's the problem. When 397.31 broke my game, it wasn't right away. It happened in the middle of a mission, after many hours of play, and maybe 3 days after I had installed the driver. All it did was crash to the desktop and had a little pop-up in the center of the screen that said directx error. No numbers or logs or anything to help. I re-installed DirectX but that didn't help. I didn't check any other games at that point, but even after rebooting, the game wouldn't even start at all anymore -- it would just throw that error up. Click "ok" and the popup would go away and I'm looking at my desktop. This was an Ubisoft title, not a Steam title, so at first I thought it might be Ubisoft's issue. If you were able to get Hitman Absolution working with an older driver, maybe you could just keep that drive installed while you play that game, and then update when you played a newer title that may need newer drivers. Not a great fix, however.

20. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G