Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    2 words about the new Battlefield: Need Trailer

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Trailer would be nice.. or even some details other than a V lol.

I personally am very very curious on how they will tackle DLC. I am NOT going to do premium this time around. I would like to hope they can find a nice middle-ground after all these years and the Battlefront 2 fiasco.

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Booted this game up on Saturday briefly and thought I should play some more as I only got like 36 hours of playtime in it so tonight decided to play some more and my god... The playerbase now seems to consists largely of whiners crying about whatever gun you use and the amount of air-rape you get from skilled pilots was out of this world not to mention the amount of other random deaths from left right and center. Obviously getting used to the game would take some time again but to be honest this left such a sour taste in my mouth that I just played something else. It literally was a case of spawn -> take 6 steps -> die for me.

I really think the Battlefield series peaked for me at Battlefield 2. I initially loved BF1 but the more I play it now the more I want to uninstall it. The series has been heading to a really awkward direction with highly inconsistent weapons and armored vehicles being the top dog in BF4 and to some degree in BF1. BF1942 and Bf2 were such better games imo even with their slight faults.

As an added kick in the teeth they seem to have made the performance worse even though the visuals don't appear to have been upgraded at all.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    For me, the serie peaked between BF2 and Bad Company 2. BF3 was fresh and cool at the time and BF4 was a continuation of BF3 more than a big R-evolution.
    With time and care BF4 ended up being the perfect modern shooter for me.

BF1 is a quality shooter like once DICE know how to do, but i still think the quality is below BF4, with bugs still in the game that was there in beta.

Also, i just can't get into BF1 as i got into BC2, BF4. I'm glad they gave WWI a shot tho.

ramthegamer likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So it's a Battlefield game is what you are trying to say.

Repo Man likes this.
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    To give credit to your words,i have reinstalled bf4 and playing it again,it just for me feels the right game to play,i love modern warfare

XenthorX likes this.
  8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Boy... In The name of the Tsar is completely dead, don't waste your money on this, there's barely no-one playing. I can't find a single decent server

10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Well the game has been steadily declining. The last DLC was utter garbage and was probably the last nail on the coffin for many. I have barely played since the last DLC myself.

According to stats (which isn't 100% accurate but a good idea) the peak lately has been at 16k for PC, which is pretty low and much less than I last remember (which was at around 28k). http://bf1stats.com/
    BF4 is at about 12k.. seeing the gap between BF1 and BF4 get so closed like that is insane. BF1 was usually much more in player base (at least 2x) than BF4 the last time I remember. The overall drop could also be due to the rise of the Battle Royale (PUBG and Fortnite stealing the playerbase) and hero shooters (Siege/Overwatch)

This is just amateur speculation based off the tools I have available to me. I'm no BF/industry expert here but this game is pretty much dead and fizzing out fast compared to any other BF that I can remember.

Hopefully the next BF will be a knock out of the park. BF1 was a lot of fun, but the community being split up by DLC and the weapon variants (lack thereof and the amount of semi vs auto in the WW1 setting) might have ruined it for many. I personally found the weapons to be OK and not that big of a deal, but the Premium thing is just stupid.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    XenthorX likes this.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    premium and DLCs need to end.

Passus, KissSh0t and Kolt like this.
  12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I agree, BF2 was the best, followed by BC2.
    Never played BF1943, but it looked awesome. If the new one looks anything like that i'M HAPPY.

Btw - do BF1 premium gamers have better auto weapons or what is this about? (refused to buy BF1)

13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I purchased Premium for both BF4/BF1 and they are both the same. All it means is that you get all the DLC at a smaller price and "queue advantage" over non-premium players.. meaning you can get into a full server quicker. Problem with that is, when there are TONS of premium users you are still waiting in a queue anyways on full servers. You do also get the weapons that come from each DLC, but none of them are exactly super advantageous over the rest. Some of the basic weapons are still better than the rest, so it's more about giving you more options. It is almost better to just buy the DLC separately when it releases (~$15 bucks) that way if you get burned out and quit playing you aren't wasting your money.

https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/premium

EDIT: oh and you get to play some of the maps sooner... yay

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
  15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Community is split btw enjoying playing world war 1 weapons or modern weapons,which for bf1 was a bit of a bore after a while,while this is my fourth or fifth year with bf4 and still love fo play it

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    There is no doubt that the weapons have a lot to do with it, but it also has a lot to do with map design and the other features too. The majority of the maps in BF1 are kind of bad.. or at least for my play style and preferences. I'm honestly surprised BF1 didn't have more maps like Amiens or Ballroom Blitz when instead a lot of the maps are very wide-open and seem to prefer the defensive/sniper stance. Galacia.. or even almost that entire Russian DLC.. ugh... I would also love to argue that the conquest assault mode and serious lack of good balancing on these newer maps killed a lot of the playerbase. BF4 after all the patches is just a better game. The weapon attachments and variety, the big "levelution" dynamic changes, the maps, and even the TTK felt better. It could be argued that the WW1 setting and modern appeal of BF4 is the reason, but I just don't buy that. You could make a game about any war or combat situation interesting if it's done right. BF1 is a great game and I have enjoyed it, but there is no doubt that there was the typical 2 steps forward 3 steps back kind of deal (or however that saying goes).

ramthegamer likes this.
  17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i agree that s why i enjoy bf4 a lot more and still play until today, today i joined a server only pistols no frag no nothing, great gameplay, i loved it, add me on origin kolt, name is:ghostryder1985

Kolt likes this.
  18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Sent. My ID is Koltxlvii

ramthegamer likes this.
  19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys anyone selling his bf4 premium code or something, i would like to have access to all maps actually.
    guys i have a problem, it says cannot connect to ea servers, you are offline,in bf4, is it servers down, or someone banned me...???

Last edited: May 11, 2018