GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 397.55 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, May 3, 2018.

1. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Do you get a black screen and then an eventual freeze?

In my specs I forgot to list that I am on 1803 update. No problems besides this one, which is fairly glaring.

2. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    397.31 died after a while. Vulkan support stopped working.
    Jesus christ...

3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    This driver seems to be working fine for us on the Titan X (Pascal), GTX 1080 and Titan X (Maxwell) based PCs in the household.

However, like 397.31, this driver causes an IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD on driver installation and system startup on the PC with the GTX 1060 6GB. The 397.54 Vulkan Dev Beta driver (as well as 397.31 WHQL and earlier) seems to work fine on the GTX 1060 based PC, however.

All systems are running Windows 10 64 bit Version 1803, Build 17134.1.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  4. crashburn162

crashburn162 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Wc
    After monitor turn off if the system is left for longer it freezes so I returned to old drivers I am on window 10 1803 and 1080Ti . Also RSS seems to stop working with these drivers so I wouldn't recommend installing them.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Don't be dramatic. I read about it on a Swedish forum where some of the following problems mentioned were:
    - Google Chrome makes the whole system freeze which requires a restart
    - The microphone doesn't work (apparently it's due to Microsoft turning it off by default)
    - Gaming performance can degrade after several alt-tabs (could be caused by Focus Assist)

I've never said that Win10 sucks, actually I really like it but I wanted to wait with the update until more information surfaces. And no I haven't tried it cause I don't want to hassle with rollbacks. I might just install it anyway since so many people here don't have problems with it.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Your system does not represent 100 % of PC users. If something works for you does not automatically mean it will work for everyone.

Bugs are often unwanted behavior that happen with certain hardware or software combinations, not all.

I have no issues with W10 17134(.1) either but that doesn't mean it would work for everyone.

Anyhow this driver seems fine, updated because I got code 43 error with previous version even if it should happen with 1060 cards only.

tiliarou likes this.
  7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Thanks, I got it sorted.
    It was the driver for some reason 397.31
    Trying out 397.54 Vulkan beta and the shortcuts for oc'ing are working again.:D

8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Old and obsolete. Sorry but that's the truth. There's also no logical reason to keep using it now either. I suggest giving the new windows 10 1803 a try. A simple Google search will show you how to disable anything you don't like.

9. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I agree, no reason to stick to Win7 unless there's something you need that absolutely just won't work on Win10.

I have no sympathy at all for the so called power users who decided to stick with Win7 for relatively modern PCs despite Microsoft offering Win10 as a free upgrade for one year.

It's not just about DX12 either. DX11.1 and later is only for Win8 and later. The Frostbite 3 engine has performed better on Win8 and later since BF4 was released.
    Vulkan is supposed to work better on Win10 than on Win7.

10. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I have my HDTV hooked up to my PC as a second monitor and use project settings in Windows 10 to switch between them using "PC screen only" and "Second screen only". With this driver I find that every time I switch to "Second screen only" my digital vibrance settings get reset to 50 even though the slider says 75% and changing it in any way and putting it back to 75% turn it back on. It also does the same thing when I go into a full-screen game and come out of it. Everything looks washed out without it on as I am so used to it so this is very annoying. Anyone else getting this behaviour?

11. Venomsword

Venomsword Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Elite
    Back to 391.24 - no mo lags and slowdowns after exiting game. Reverting fixed movie lagging / freezing on madVR (secondary monitor). Mass Effect Andromeda runs smooth again. 397.55 - worst driver ever encountered.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I use both and prefer 7.

anyone saying 10 is superior is supremely ignorant and oblivious to particular use cases, the windows 10 all programs menu is practically unuseable and forces the use of cortana searching which is basically tracking the apps you use....

Venomsword likes this.
  13. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    Then you don't know how to use the non-cortana search nor do you know that you can disable cortana...
    But why are we talking about 7 vs 10 on a driver topic ??!

These 397.55 works good on my 980m 8gb.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because random people on the internet think their opinion is higher weighted than everyone elses.

i do wish driver oriented topics would stick to driver discussion and people commenting on OS used would butt out unless it happened to be commenting on or providing a realistic fix for an issue.

15. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Well a good reason to not move to win 10 is if you value your privacy. Also, I don't see any actual reason to move to it. I'm on 8.1 myself, and you are probably comparing a fresh w10 with a bloated w7 in regards to speed. Win 7 gets slower as it gets more bloated, w8 and w10 are slightly slower fresh installed but don't really change as you add programs.

Except for dx12, I have never seen a feature in w10 I actually require.

Venomsword likes this.

16. CDJay

CDJay Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE SLI
    I'd wait for patch Tuesday, tomorrow, if you've already waited this long. Given that it's targetting the above issues.....

CDJay

Netherwind likes this.
  17. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    whelp, the other 397.31 kill SLI in surround. These do as well.

Dont use vulkan but i imagine a time will come where it would/will be used and/or be beneficial so i might as well give those a rip. If not, looks like im stuck on 391.35 (which arent without their own problems, but atleast sli works)

EDIT - vulkan ones kill SLI as well. Figured it might be just the warcraft bits/profile so i tried witcher 3. No dice. roooooooooooooooooooollin back.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  18. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Active Member

GPU:
    4070TI
    Exactly

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for info!

20. chesterfetid

chesterfetid New Member

GPU:
    970 GTX 4 Gb
    To add to the off-topic crap, I'm still on seven, hated "8 metro" on my mother's laptop when I had to clean it BUT "Fast Startup" since 8 and above is one thing i'm jealous of o_O